NEOFAB D1000 P60LED DROPIN PREVIEW

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was bored and there's nothing new to report on NeoFab's dropins other than they're still being developed, tweaked, revised, etc and awaiting more reviews from those who received prototype samples to review. CPF member purelite had this to say over at CPFMP:

purelite said:
...SPF New unused just received Neofab P60 dropin with XPG R5 driven at 1.5a Brass construction VERY BRITE!!!! on par with Malkoff but briter and using optiq $XX. shipped CONUS...

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: This was for a D1000 pre-production module.

In my initial brief testing, here are some early results:

Runtime (approx):
2 x AW LiFePO4 = 35 min
2 x Tenergy LiFePO4 = 40 min
2 x AW IMR 16340 = 50 min
1 x UltraFire 18350 (more like 18370) @ 1200mAh = 75 min (unregulated) before less than 50%

Lux (peak captured at 1m):
L2M SS host = 13.8K
vs.
E2DL = 13.03K

Pretty impressive I must say...

Formal review to come...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

neoseikan

Enlightened
EDIT: This was for a D1000 pre-production module.

In my initial brief testing, here are some early results:

Runtime (approx):
2 x AW LiFePO4 = 35 min
2 x Tenergy LiFePO4 = 40 min
2 x AW IMR 16340 = 50 min
1 x UltraFire 18350 (more like 18370) @ 1200mAh = 75 min (unregulated) before less than 50%

Lux (peak captured at 1m):
L2M SS host = 13.8K
vs.
E2DL = 13.03K

Pretty impressive I must say...

Formal review to come...

Cheers,
Tim

Hi, Tim. Why did you get 13.8k lux at 1m, while my reading is about 6k~8k.
And another cpfer got 6k.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Tim. Why did you get 13.8k lux at 1m, while my reading is about 6k~8k.
And another cpfer got 6k.

Apologies, I must have been looking at the wrong graph. I just retook them and came out with:

D1000 - 10.17K lux
E2DL (200L) - 9.43K lux

Will hopefully post review by this weekend.

EDIT: This is in a SureFire Z2 host w/2 x AW IMR 16340 and reading taken with an Extech HD450 light meter set on 40K Lux range.

Thx,
Tim

Last edited:

elho

Enlightened
I will get the 1.5A Cool model soon and will compare it against the M30 (300 OTF lumen model), Dereelight R2 (230ish OTF), L1 with R2 (390 OTF), and many other P60 or smaller type throwers. Unfortanetly; Aspherics will not be included in my shootout.
Did I miss that shootout or is it yet to be done? :thinking:

Knuckles

Newly Enlightened
Does the NeoFab D1000 leave a small gap at the head/body like the Malkoff does? It appears to be shaped in such a way that it won't leave a gap. I want one for my G2Z, does anyone know where I can get one? Battery Junction is out of stock and I don't know who else sells them.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the NeoFab D1000 leave a small gap at the head/body like the Malkoff does? It appears to be shaped in such a way that it won't leave a gap. I want one for my G2Z, does anyone know where I can get one? Battery Junction is out of stock and I don't know who else sells them.

I just purchased one of these to try at http://shop.neo-fab.com/d1000-drop-in-for-surefire-6p.html

cheers

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BUYER I THINK THEY ARE SCAMERS I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON. I HAVE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL AS I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THEM.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had a chance to compare this drop-in with an LX2 or E2DL?

Thanks!

@Rat, I'm keeping an eye on your post, hopefully things work out.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had a chance to compare this drop-in with an LX2 or E2DL?

Thanks!

@Rat, I'm keeping an eye on your post, hopefully things work out.

Sure it's not looking good still no reply to all my email's and no D1000. I started a claim with PayPal so should get my money back. I would prefer the D1000.
The thing that bugs me is they answer my emails within hours before I sent them the money than after payment was made no more communication at all.

cheers

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure it's not looking good still no reply to all my email's and no D1000. I started a claim with PayPal so should get my money back. I would prefer the D1000.
The thing that bugs me is they answer my emails within hours before I sent them the money than after payment was made no more communication at all.

cheers

The drop in finally turned up don't waste your Money.

Just head on over to nailbender. Daves drop inns are the bomb love the smooth XM-L drop I got from him. It's that good I prefer to use it over my other more expensive quads and triples.

cheers

Rat

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The drop in finally turned up don't waste your Money.

Just head on over to nailbender. Daves drop inns are the bomb love the smooth XM-L drop I got from him. It's that good I prefer to use it over my other more expensive quads and triples.

cheers

Rat
Hey I'm glad it turned up, too bad it took 2 months!
What are your impressions on it, taking out the fact of bad customer service.

Question for anyone really:
The drop-in has voltage range of 4-9V, but only mentions (2xCR123) or (2xRCR123),
I'm really interested to know if it will work with 3XCR123s?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine from a dealer several/many months ago. It was delivered quickly from their stock. Too bad I only got the XP-E R3 version, I should have gotten the XP-G too, but I wanted to see how the XP-E worked in that optic. It throws very well and has the nice tapering off spill I like (don't like that the brightest part of a reflector's spill is at your feet hurting night vision and the sharp edge is distracting when objects enter the spill area and are suddenly lit up very bright - further killing night vision and effectively hurting throw as you perceive it), but the spot is a little small with XP-E. The spot of the XP-G would be bigger.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine from a dealer several/many months ago. It was delivered quickly from their stock. Too bad I only got the XP-E R3 version, I should have gotten the XP-G too, but I wanted to see how the XP-E worked in that optic. It throws very well and has the nice tapering off spill I like (don't like that the brightest part of a reflector's spill is at your feet hurting night vision and the sharp edge is distracting when objects enter the spill area and are suddenly lit up very bright - further killing night vision and effectively hurting throw as you perceive it), but the spot is a little small with XP-E. The spot of the XP-G would be bigger.
Thanks for your input.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the use of reflectors that give a wide bright spill specifically for outdoor use. With the introduction of the XPG and now the XML the spills are now brighter and wider which is just wasted light that can hinder night vision and actually bother others that come within the bright spill area.

For indoor use reflectors are great but I still don't care for reflectors that have "too wide" of a spill that lights up stuff I am not focused on. The only reflector that I've come across that has a somewhat narrow spill is from the Muyshondt Nautilus and if you've ever see the reflector its actually pretty long with the LED sitting deep inside.

It's a shame more companies don't choose optics over reflectors or even redesign reflectors to work better with a specific LED.

BTW, have you tried your NeoFab dropin with 3xCR123's by any chance?