New EagleTac Lights for this holiday season

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
The twist-head mode adjustment for most of their designs is the only detriment and what keeps me from buying lots more of their product (but those D25AAAs look enticing).

Twist-back-and-forth is one of the worst mechs ever, not to mention I have several lights where that mechanism gets very finicky if not kept very clean. But I thought I read that the P200LC2 can be pre-set to turn on in any mode you want, which would imply this is a positional ring rather than a twist-twist-twist mechanism. No?

eff

Enlightened
Twist-back-and-forth is one of the worst mechs ever, not to mention I have several lights where that mechanism gets very finicky if not kept very clean. But I thought I read that the P200LC2 can be pre-set to turn on in any mode you want, which would imply this is a positional ring rather than a twist-twist-twist mechanism. No?

If it's the same UI as the MX25L3 or the GX25A3, then it's not really a twisty.
You have to rotate the head to a predefined position, to get access the desired mode.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's the same UI as the MX25L3 or the GX25A3, then it's not really a twisty.
You have to rotate the head to a predefined position, to get access the desired mode.

Perfect, that's what I was hoping. The predefined positions have detents, or you have to guess?

eff

Enlightened
Perfect, that's what I was hoping. The predefined positions have detents, or you have to guess?

No detents on the lights I mentionned, but you've got some visual and physical reference, that give you an idea on which mode you are.
Ex, on the GX25A3, when the head switch is lined up with the "Adj" label, yo know you're on medium. And from there 90° on the left will give you high, and 90° on the right will give you the low mode.
The light body is not cylindrical, but has some recesses which you can use to get some physical reference (position of the switch / position of the recesses).

eff

Enlightened
Just checked the d25aaa specs, it looks like the UI is different from all the eagletacs I've used.
They say you have to do some multiple on/off actions, which may indicate this light is a twisty.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Just checked the d25aaa specs, it looks like the UI is different from all the eagletacs I've used.
They say you have to do some multiple on/off actions, which may indicate this light is a twisty.

Yeah, the D25aaa is a twisty.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The 2-mode XP-L drop-in is a winner!!

super beam & just 2 simple modes w/ memory,
there is the main hotspot & a secondary hotspot around it,,,, then the spill.

not a true thrower, but a really usable beam pattern:D

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
That MX25L-4C quad appears so freaking beautiful and the stock numbers are pretty spectacular, jeez I wonder if Vinh could and would start something .... Can you imagine ..... I have a mm15 fiat lux and it's bloody spectacular in its category flooder. I am guessing theses might or could have the potential for unimaginable "Light" so when I look at the stock numbers I start sweating like a horse can u imagine the possible possibilities .Then the TN36vn which I can't understand why peeps are banging that door down for ... just imagine. I wonder if Vinh cares to take a further gander at these 2-3 lights ....Vinh when you gonna make a decision or test or whatever you do and let's see if u and anyone else is interested and see what these lights can do in the gifted hands of the wizards. Good lord just imagine if these three flashlights the TN36vn & MX25l-4C vn quad and let's not forget the Sportac above after they undergone VINHERIZATION. Surely these 3 lights in particular carry distinct inherent potential, don't you think so? and it could perhaps even start de-throwing a couple lights just a tiny few on the list man.Those stock numbers look, awesome both the TN36 and the Eagles. ..... Any way I am thinking aloud again, if anyone else wishes to think allowed please share.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforum
I could not agree more these have potential for best of 2015 mx25l4c will probably be around 300 Luxx and 5000 otf. The sport tac wow who knows that light is going to shatter the specs!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have the D25LC2 with the Cree XP-L V5? I'm curious about how the tint compares to the XM-L2 version which I think is a really good white which I really like.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Does anyone have the D25LC2 with the Cree XP-L V5? I'm curious about how the tint compares to the XM-L2 version which I think is a really good white which I really like.

I'm hard pressed to notice a difference between XM-L2 and XP-L versions of the same light. Maybe a slightly different tint, but that can vary from light to light.

naked2

Enlightened
Yep.

I picked one up from Andrew-Amanda, and LOVE it! I just stated a new thread about it.
I'm thinking of buying from Andrew-Amanda, but I noticed they're not listed as an authorized dealer on EagleTac's website; any issues with them anyone?

Latest posts