New Fenix Digital Series! P1D and P1D CE with Cree XR-E !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
I say they should be allocated first for loyal CPF members with at least 500 posts. No sales to newbies (except the Newbie :) ) :crackup: :poke: newbies

That is absolutely bogus!!!!! I guess I'll have to start blowing up more threads, in order to meet quota. My money is green too.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman said:
I was joking - just in case anyone didn't get that impression
lolsign.gif

No, I think we all got it and are just havinga a bit of fun. :)

speederino

Enlightened
Did you hear that? It's the sound of this thread's view counter going through the roof as everyone checks back even MORE frequently awaiting word on the now limited-supply cree edition...

EDIT: Even with my lowly 85 posts, I thought it was funny, shaman!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
LawLight said:
I think he means for manufacturing purposes.

Law

I agree. However, you can sell tickets to a concert before the band shows up.

At first, only CPF members were privy to this information. If a pre-sale started this past weekend or even Monday, the flashlight would be going into the proper hands of flashlight enthusiasts.

Now I'm seeing posts pop up all over the world on different forums pointing to this thread. :ohgeez: This could explain the high hit count.

If there is a limited supply of flashlights, they should go to CPF members first, no fresh recruits since the announcement.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about to get a Jetbeam MkII to replace my first version as EDC, then I see this P1D CE... nice!! But I think I still prefer a clickie and don't mind it being 14500 length. I wonder if Jetbeam will have some Cree lights .... :p

But damn, these are SOOOOO tempting!! I guess we'll have to see the price!

Bronco

Enlightened
Boy, talk about the perfect stocking stuffer. Is there a "keeping fingers crossed" icon available on this forum. ;)

Bronco

Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
I say they should be allocated first for loyal CPF members with at least 500 posts. No sales to newbies (except the Newbie :) ) :crackup: :poke: newbies

Some of us who are more judicious in our use of the "reply" button might prefer that access to the initial allocation be based on join date vice post count. ;)

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
Well it looks like a lot of us will waiting longer than expected before getting this light.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bronco said:
Some of us who are more judicious in our use of the "reply" button might prefer that access to the initial allocation be based on join date vice post count. ;)

Hmmm...I don't like this idea one bit either. :thumbsdow
How about we do it alphabetically.
I'm Aaron Abson.

Who is next in line. :laughing:

Oculus Sinister

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I have been lurking here for awhile and I have to say it was genius to put this announcement here. I mean within a day we gave Fenix and their distributors all the marketing data they would need plus the pricing limits the market would accept. Not to mention the "We want Cree; We will pay premium price" contingent. Now a Cree shortage to fuel the frenzy. Thank god that Fenix and their distributors are not gougers.
I want one..Cree.. in time for Xmas.... Santa?

T

cdosrun

Enlightened
matrixshaman said:

Ok, I have been holding out too, I love my P1 (apart from the coarse, grinding thread) and will get a cree edition when available.

However, I am British, I can wait my turn:popcorn:

Melven

Newly Enlightened
Bronco said:

I could not agree more, but I do get it that this was just a joke anyway!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
There are going to be a lot of disappointed people if this light is not as good as everyone seems to think it will be. :popcorn:

pilou

Enlightened
ViReN said:
Now the big problem is selling P1DL's (Luxeon based) as one thread has just pointed out that out of almost 200 people, only 4 are going to buy the P1DL .. Unless the P1DL is considerably cheaper than P1DCE's (Cree based), fenix might have a hard time in selling P1DL

Here is my guess: you will have to pay a nice premium to get the Cree version :lolsign:

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
I see the P1DL as being about longterm sales - people have been asking for a multi-stage P1 for a while - and the P1DCE version as something rush released to capitalize on the sudden interest in this new LED. I believe the CE will be replaced by a far better Fenix cree-based light - designed to the specs of the cree, rather than a cree dropped into an existing product - three or four months down the line.

This is not being critical or negative - far from it, credit for Fenix for being so fast to reach the market! - but that I see the CE as something of an impulse purchase.

In other words: the light of 2006 - not the light of 2007.

Maybe I'm just getting carried away in all the excitement, but I feel better is to come.

Of course, I did hold off on buying a SL PP Lux because I thought it would never live up to the hype. . . so what do I know?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
I was looking at the pics again, the reflector in the XR-E version looks abit unfinished.
There seems to be difference in the surface halfway up the reflector, and the diameter is noticeably smaller than the lens too.

Are these pics from the production versions?

111085488-L.jpg

You're seeing a reflection of the inside of the LED dome.... That's what reflectors do, they reflect :grin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts