New Fenix Digital Series! P1D and P1D CE with Cree XR-E !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnj

Enlightened
Pax et Lux said:
I see the P1DL as being about longterm sales - people have been asking for a multi-stage P1 for a while - and the P1DCE version as something rush released to capitalize on the sudden interest in this new LED. I believe the CE will be replaced by a far better Fenix cree-based light - designed to the specs of the cree, rather than a cree dropped into an existing product - three or four months down the line.

The L1T/L2T was the same component (for the most part) that allowed for market flexibility. I would expect that Fenix will offer a similar strategy: use as few parts as possible.

prof

Enlightened
Great. Limited availability, right before Thanksgiving when we're all away.
4-Sevens, price?

In the past I'd ruled out all Fenix lights--was going to save my cash for a surefire. I made one possibility for exception--a single-AA powered HID with clicky, with an hour runtime, for under $50. (smile)

However, this one just might make me think about changing my mind...if it becomes available.

I do agree with some of the earlier comments--I'd rather have a clicky, and prefer to start on low (most of my usage is on lowest settings).

How about this--optimize it for throw, then sell an add-on difuser....for most use.

kooter

Enlightened
Prof. Thats a great idea. Optimise for throw and sell an add on. I much prefer throw in a light and the p1d looks like its gonna out throw the cree version.:awman:

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
Just heard from 4sevens that it will be $250 and will only have the SOS and strobe mode. So any of you who are not interested in them now need no longer check this thread :nana:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
prof said:
In the past I'd ruled out all Fenix lights--was going to save my cash for a surefire.
thats funny,
during the last years, I made some Led-2AA lights, then used the Fenix and modded my 8X with a Lux III, and thus never ever used the other (even more powerful) SFs again,

and just TODAY I have my never-used-again-as-I-got-the-8X 6P model be bored to accomodate a 18650 Li-Ion and am awaiting the cree Leds from the GB here.
This will be the "large" Killer light with increased rumtime to complement my L1D-CE (or L2D-CE, dunno yet) ;)

h_nu

Enlightened
There have been a few half jesting posts about how to allocate a limited number of P1D CE's to an expected large demand. I wonder how many unique CPF members have previously purchased from four sevens compared to the number of lights he will be allocated. Perhaps one to a CPF name with repeat customers getting priority and then allow more when that list is done. Ok, I admit I'm not King Solomon. I'll go back to wish mode.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder who is creating the shortage Surfire, Streamlight, Inova...the Maglite co might find them desirable to help overcome thier lack of good heatsinking. Wonder if we will see an explosion of Cree lights. That or Cree just can`t put them out very fast.

Or perhaps Fenix`s planis to meter them out till their stock of existing LS`s is depleted. I wonder... they might charge a high price after all...till the Ls`s are gone.

Martini

Enlightened
First we get this:
4sevens said:
They are promising by the end of November. I'm sure I'll be the first to have them ready to fly out the door :) I'm ordering enough to go through the end of the year. These are really amazing and will be really hot items! :D
And now we're contemplating this:
Badbeams said:
I smell another raffel.
I think Fenix needs to hurry up and give 4sevens some accurate and up-to-date information before they make him look bad. I will try to avoid channeling my frustration in the wrong direction, but there is sure to be a real backlash if these don't materialize soon. :hairpull:

Status
Not open for further replies.