NEW FENIX E18R V2.0

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Does the V2 have mode memory? the original e18r did not and always came on on 5lm
It doesn't have memory. A good rule is if memory isn't listed in the features, that NORMALLY means there is no memory. Thanks for your question.

chip100t

Enlightened
It doesn't have memory. A good rule is if memory isn't listed in the features, that NORMALLY means there is no memory. Thanks for your question.
Thanks for clearing that up, I had read somewhere (can't find it now) that it had memory in all modes except moonlight and turbo. Glad that it does not as that is my preference.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for clearing that up, I had read somewhere (can't find it now) that it had memory in all modes except moonlight and turbo. Glad that it does not as that is my preference.

Chip: You might have read that here, under 'operating instructions' tab:

...where it is stated: (note the stated exception is actually listed as being 'turbo and strobe' rather than 'turbo and moonlight')

Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding Turbo and strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. The High mode will be activated when turned on again if the light is turned off on Turbo mode.

chip100t

Enlightened
Chip: You might have read that here, under 'operating instructions' tab:

...where it is stated: (note the stated exception is actually listed as being 'turbo and strobe' rather than 'turbo and moonlight')

Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding Turbo and strobe. When turned on again the previously used output will be recalled. The High mode will be activated when turned on again if the light is turned off on Turbo mode.
Thats it, does it have memory or not. I am confused.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thats it, does it have memory or not. I am confused.
Chip, did you see my message above? The way the manufacturer describes its product is the key. If it has memory, they will mention that in the description. If it isn't listed, that NORMALLY means no memory. Every now and then the graphics person will forget to add it when needed but that isn't often and they correct it. Here is the actual Fenix manufacturer. https://www.fenixlight.com/product/detail/index.php?id=189

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix engineer said right now only the ARB-L16-700UP will be available as the regular item for retail. We post all new products on this site so if Fenix decides to offer the UP version, you will see it here first. Thanks for your question.

Thanks for checking on that. Since that's the cell that's currently for sale, I'll assume that the 'UP' cells I have (and use in several lights) would be compatible with this new model light.

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
I saw this question in another post on if this V2.0 has a mode memory or not.
I can confirm that it does. I have the Fenix E18R V2.0 flashlight in my hands now.
The brightness you turn it off on will be the same when you turn the light back on.

I also had the Fenix E18R (V1) and that did not have a mode memory. I have a fairly good size review on this web site site.

* This is from the Fenix E18R V2.0 Owners Manual

"Intelligent Memory Circuit"
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding Turbo and strobe.

Just trying to help clear up the confusion on this matter...

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Fenix Store, if you don't mind I would like to post about the battery.
When I was doing my review for the Fenix E18R (V1) I talked to your tech guys a number of times on the phone.
I was told this:
The "P" battery has a higher discharge rate, also it is not for sale to the public, it only ships out with our flashlights.
The ARB-L16-700P battery has a 1/2 more amp output than the ARB-L16-700 battery.

I was told if you wanted the 700P battery to buy the 700UP version. ARB-L16-700UP

chip100t

Enlightened
I saw this question in another post on if this V2.0 has a mode memory or not.
I can confirm that it does. I have the Fenix E18R V2.0 flashlight in my hands now.
The brightness you turn it off on will be the same when you turn the light back on.

I also had the Fenix E18R (V1) and that did not have a mode memory. I have a fairly good size review on this web site site.

* This is from the Fenix E18R V2.0 Owners Manual

"Intelligent Memory Circuit"
The light memorizes the last selected output excluding Turbo and strobe.

Just trying to help clear up the confusion on this matter...
You hav saved me £55 thank you. If I had bought it to find it hade mode memory I would have been less than impressed.

chip100t

Enlightened
I won't buy olight as I bought several in 2017 and they stopped selling/manufacturing the proprietary batteries for 4 of them within four years.

I don't know if the baton 3 has a proprietary battery or not but I now avoid olight out of principle.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i understand chip and feel the same way but this light is amazeing for efencency and the batteries are priorty but only 5.95 a cell just stock up