LR40R v2.0

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word on the release/ship date on the new LR40R v2.0?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Just heard back from the team at SHOT SHOW. Fenix doesn't have a projected launch date yet. It won't be until the middle of 2023 at the earliest.

MB457

Newly Enlightened
Just heard back from the team at SHOT SHOW. Fenix doesn't have a projected launch date yet. It won't be until the middle of 2023 at the earliest.
I just saw a Shot Show clip from the Fenix booth and they showed the new LR40 v2. This one has 15000 Lumens and a new switch design. I wonder if they increased the lumens for the spot light?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
He accidentally activated the strobe, surprised himself and then couldn't remember how to turn it off…so he just turned off the entire light.

Wish they'd stop putting these useless strobe and SOS modes into their lights.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
He accidentally activated the strobe, surprised himself and then couldn't remember how to turn it off…so he just turned off the entire light.

Wish they'd stop putting these useless strobe and SOS modes into their lights.
If used effectively and appropriately, it can be used to deter an unwanted advance by a person. It is an important feature in law enforcement.

DRW

Enlightened
If used effectively and appropriately, it can be used to deter an unwanted advance by a person. It is an important feature in law enforcement.
Hmmm, you would think that I would love that feature then. But I don't.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember one thread where someone used the strobe and was happy about it.

Here's one from 2013 I was involved in...
(On another occasion I blocked vehicles in a pedestrian traffic fatality once also using the strobe from a FirstLight Tomahawk. I was on foot in front of my business and prevented vehicles from running over the deceased person, dressed in black, laying in the dark street.)

DRW

Enlightened
Here's one from 2013 I was involved in...
(On another occasion I blocked vehicles in a pedestrian traffic fatality once also using the strobe from a FirstLight Tomahawk. I was on foot in front of my business and prevented vehicles from running over the deceased person, dressed in black, laying in the dark street.)

So the strobe saved a dead guy from getting more dead. That's the best we can come up with for strobe mode?

Another one admits to pointing strobes at the eyes of drivers, great stuff.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Think of situations where firearms aren't allowed but flashlights are. A high-powered strobe can be an effective deterrent.

3_gun

Enlightened
Only useful thing I've EVER done with a strobe function was using a D4v2 adj rate strobe to "see" what was going on between fast moving parts while trouble shooting a machine. I had carried a light w/strobe for over 15yrs before that & never used it.

DRW

Enlightened
Think of situations where firearms aren't allowed but flashlights are. A high-powered strobe can be an effective deterrent.
When are firearms allowed in criminal conduct?

People are shining strobes in drivers eyes, I guess that qualifies as a firearms not allowed situation. It's rarely a good idea to shoot a driver.

Is this result of no training on how to use a strobe? Armchair superheroes don't need training.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
When are firearms allowed in criminal conduct?

People are shining strobes in drivers eyes, I guess that qualifies as a firearms not allowed situation. It's rarely a good idea to shoot a driver.

Is this result of no training on how to use a strobe? Armchair superheroes don't need training.
There are videos and websites that offer suggestions and training on when strobe lights can be effective. You may want to look those up. Some scenarios are a parking lot and someone approaches. Many females don't conceal carry so a bright flashlight MAY BE a deterrent. What about airline travel when traveling to another country where conceal carry isn't allowed? Do some web research and you will find situations and testimonies when a strobe was effective. We aren't saying a strobe takes the place of a weapon but remember weapons aren't always available or allowed.

Latest posts