*new* Fenix HP01, HP05, HL22 and HP30

kj2

Flashaholic
This video popped-up on my YouTube.

Small headlamp, although I find that battery-compartment quite large.

2a6mlae.jpg

And more headlamps from Fenix;

2u935nr.jpg
2zg7yvm.jpg

25q7tvs.jpg
kcgzg8.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *new* Fenix HP05

80 degrees beam? TIR optics perhaps? Beam looked neutral too but that could just be the video

Interesting choice of 3 AA. I wonder if a boost circuit is needed? I like the quick change though. If it comes with a spare magazine, that would be great.

spankone

Enlightened
So excited about the Hl30, I wonder how long the 900 lumens run before it steps down. The new battery boxes look great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colina

Newly Enlightened
The HP05 and HP30 look interesting. I cannot see info on the Fenix site yet. Any idea when these will be available and any details of run times?

kj2

Flashaholic
The HP05 and HP30 look interesting. I cannot see info on the Fenix site yet. Any idea when these will be available and any details of run times?
Not yet. But knowing Fenix, these will come probably within 2 months.
edit; Fenix will announce these headlights next week. Normally it takes around 2-4 weeks before dealers have them.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So excited about the Hl30, I wonder how long the 900 lumens run before it steps down. The new battery boxes look great as well.

There is a boost button, you have to keep the button pressed to get 900 lumens, once you release it, the light will return to previously selected level.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Fenix is really pumping out the headlamps. I'm curious as to why Fenix continues with 3-5 lumen lows and then bumps up to 40-50 lumens for the next level.

Surely there's a lot of of use for a 10-20 lumen mid mode. I really like my Fenix headlamps, but I've had to buy a couple of others that have a 15 lumen mid mode as this is most useful around the house.

rockhopper

Newly Enlightened
I was about to order an HP15 but now I see this HP30 and I guess I can wait a bit longer. The lower weight and usb-charge function are nice extras, the boost is pretty *meh* since you have to use your hand to trigger it. I'll consider it a minor extra but apart from that seems like a good upgrade from the HP15.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely interested in the HP01 (2AA).
The HL22 is similar to the HL21; different style and slightly brighter.
Don't know why they made the HP05 using 3AA because a pack of batteries comes with 4 batteries. Should of make one using 1 CR123.

Last edited:

Frank W

Newly Enlightened
Is the new HL22 really only IPX6? HL21 used to be IPX8. Anybody else see it as a disappointment? Is it just over-cautiousness on their part? Or is the new top switch the reason? The cell compartment must be nearly the same, just a tube with srew on cap and O-ring, so why?

kj2

Flashaholic
Is the new HL22 really only IPX6? HL21 used to be IPX8. Anybody else see it as a disappointment? Is it just over-cautiousness on their part? Or is the new top switch the reason? The cell compartment must be nearly the same, just a tube with srew on cap and O-ring, so why?
screw-on cap vs. threads (with o-ring). That's one reason why it isn't IPX8, and I think that's the only reason.

Frank W

Newly Enlightened
screw-on cap vs. threads (with o-ring). That's one reason why it isn't IPX8, and I think that's the only reason.

Thanks. I didn't see it head on, I assumed it used the same cap as the 21, but from the bigger pictures I guess not. Pity. To me, the HL22 seems like a dumbened version of the 21 - same chip (?) thus 20% more lumens but 25% less run-time on high (if the fenix-store.com info is correct), less waterproof. 21 is my favourite backup headlamp for caving or main headlamp for general hiking use (where the output is more than sufficient since when hiking I tend to use it at medium most of time and low at camp)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say I don't like the new HL22 either. The HP01 though seems a very good 2-AA option for a versatile all-purpose headlamp!

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by the beamshots, the HL22 has better spill, whereas the HL21 is more throw. Other than that, it looks like they're filling the same "single AA" niche.