New Fenix TK10/T11 (replacing T1?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Tis too bad about the lack of 17670 use. Is this something that could conceivably be bored out a bit for 17670 use?

i think you can run a 17670, but only in general mode, not turbo. If you use turbo the light would "strobe" or rather flicker, like a low-battery indicator. Am not sure if this is safe though. anyone care to verify?:thinking:

Since y'all are still talking about battery, I just learned the consumerable, the CR123A poses a logistics problem.

In the US,
It is unlawful to tender for mailing primary lithium batteries for airmail, which includes first class and Priority. The only option is ORM-D hazmat Parcel Post

It is unlawful to tender primary lithium batteries for international mailing.

I hear FedEx air allows primary lithium, but that's very costly and you can expect to have the cost passed onto you.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Since y'all are still talking about battery, I just learned the consumerable, the CR123A poses a logistics problem.

In the US,
It is unlawful to tender for mailing primary lithium batteries for airmail, which includes first class and Priority. The only option is ORM-D hazmat Parcel Post

It is unlawful to tender primary lithium batteries for international mailing.

I hear FedEx air allows primary lithium, but that's very costly and you can expect to have the cost passed onto you.

Unless this is very new, I have never had problems getting 123's in the mail. Nor have I heard of anyone else having trouble.

Reminds me of a scene in a movie that went something like "How did you know I was lying?" "Your lips were moving."

If you're typing, you're trolling.

Unless this is very new, I have never had problems getting 123's in the mail. Nor have I heard of anyone else having trouble.

Reminds me of a scene in a movie that went something like "How did you know I was lying?" "Your lips were moving."

If you're typing, you're trolling.

1. Yes it is very new. This law was made specifically to counter relatively recent incidents involving lithium battery accidents in transit.

2. They don't open up mail that often. Chances are you can mail cyanide in the mail and it would have the same success rate as mailing table salt, yet very illegal.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thing I never mail CR123's, if this is true. I'll let the dealers worry about how to deal with this when the time comes, if this is true. I'm pretty set with rechargabes, which the TK10 can take, so I'm not too worried about it. Also there is already a topic going on about this, so I'm not sure why it was brought up here taking this off topic.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Good thing I never mail CR123's, if this is true. I'll let the dealers worry about how to deal with this when the time comes, if this is true. I'm pretty set with rechargabes, which the TK10 can take, so I'm not too worried about it. Also there is already a topic going on about this, so I'm not sure why it was brought up here taking this off topic.

It's called trolling.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing,

This isn't the place to be consciousness-raising regarding the US legal codes and lithium batteries. Take this concern/discussion to another thread, please.

Everyone else,

Please continue on with your regularly scheduled conversation!

Wattnot

Enlightened

It's not true. The regulations he is referring to do NOT apply to CR123's because of their per cell lithium content by gram. Hopefully we will be able to get back to topic. I verified this on the USPS site and followed it up with a phone call to them.

It's not true.

Sir,
your counter-argument is gladly entertained with supporting documents. The official USPS sources I cited do not beat around the bush. It says in clear English using the term "prohibited".

The regulations he is referring to do NOT apply to CR123's because of their per cell lithium content by gram. Hopefully we will be able to get back to topic. I verified this on the USPS site and followed it up with a phone call to them.

I verified that it is prohibited, and I cited the sources. Please kindly provide us with official links. There is a thread dedicated to this in in batteries forum so for the sake of everyone, please follow up there, not this thread.

Thank you

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sir,
your counter-argument is gladly entertained with supporting documents. The official USPS sources I cited do not beat around the bush. It says in clear English using the term "prohibited".

I verified that it is prohibited, and I cited the sources. Please kindly provide us with official links. There is a thread dedicated to this in in batteries forum so for the sake of everyone, please follow up there, not this thread.

Thank you

1) There is, so YOU check the other thread
2) You're the one who brought it up here, totally off topic.
3) Do you have selective reading or something??

Handlobraesing,

This isn't the place to be consciousness-raising regarding the US legal codes and lithium batteries. Take this concern/discussion to another thread, please.

Everyone else,

Please continue on with your regularly scheduled conversation!

gunga

Flashaholic
Back on topic....

Does anyone know if the TK10 can take the extra-long silver/grey protected RCR123s from Ultrafire?

I have a set of AWs and a set of these...

Wattnot

Enlightened
Hey, Handlobraesing, I did not provide links here because I provided them where they belong, in the OTHER POST, where I noticed you have not said a word after a bunch of people chimed in against your mis-information. You are a trouble maker. Other topics of your have been closed for acting in the manner in which you are acting here and there. Enough of this already.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193744

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Gunga,

I have a pair of those Ultrafire 16340 (that actually go about 35.5 long) and the tailcap wouldn't screw down far enough to contact.

I don't use the heck out of this light and a buddy gave me a bunch of Energizer, Duracell and Sony 123s in the package so I can run a pretty long time on primaries all said.

I like the increased runtime of primaries anyhow!

gunga

Flashaholic
Thanks a lot for the info!

I have a couple single cell lights that seem to fit these extra long cells, so I guess I'll save them for that!

Silly to make them so long anyways.

:(

Tachion

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if there is a gun mount that allows you to mount the TK10 directly on the barrel of a rifle?

And perhaps more interesting… can the TK10 take the repeated recoil punishment from rifle that's got a pretty good kick?

And if I'm allowed to dream here for ha bit…. :eek: It would be really nice if there was a replacement for the tail cap with a remote switch to place at a suitable location. But I suppose that is reserved for flashlights in a different price range.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens said in another thread that there are currently no tk10 part for gun mounting, but it would fit on a standard kind of mount, something like that..:crazy:

it would in all probababilty survive repeated recoil, LEDs are inherently shock resistent.

I might have read somewhere that 4sevens said there may be accesories in the future for the Tk10

Crenshaw

lmychajluk

Newly Enlightened
I just got the TK10 in the mail last night. First off - NO problems with a loose head.

Regarding gun mounting, I don't have a caliper to check the exact diameter of the TK10, but the barrel seems a bit thick (maybe 1.25"?). I think most gun (rifle) mounts are for lights with barrels in the ~1" range, but I know Command Arms Accessories makes a few for various barrel diameters (I just don't know if the diameter of the TK10 is within thier range). Other than that, it seems sturdy enough to handle the abuse, but I'd want to play with it outdoors to get a better sense of the beam characteristics before putting it on a rifle. BTW, I think that the TK10 might be a bit large to use in a cigar hold with a handgun, but I don't have very large hands. Just my $.02.

Edit - I'd also assume some may be looking for a tape switch for the TK10, which I don't know about, but the pics on the FenixLight.com website do appear to show the TK10 mounted on a rifle or SMG.

Longballsd

Banned
Does anybody know if there is a gun mount that allows you to mount the TK10 directly on the barrel of a rifle?

And perhaps more interesting… can the TK10 take the repeated recoil punishment from rifle that's got a pretty good kick?

And if I'm allowed to dream here for ha bit…. :eek: It would be really nice if there was a replacement for the tail cap with a remote switch to place at a suitable location. But I suppose that is reserved for flashlights in a different price range.

What kind of rifle are you talking about? AR15?. Any 1" mount will work with the light. You might have to put a little electric tape on the body to make it fit snugly.Are you mounting it to a picantinny rail?

I bought this one (see below) but haven't mounted it yet because my TK10 just arrived last night and man does this torch ROCK!!!!!!!

It is really slick looking and I will take a picture of the mount and post it to the forum sometime in the nest several days. I need to finish my taxes first and then I'll post some pics.

My flashlight mount:

http://www.botachtactical.com/kzofm.html

Status
Not open for further replies.