New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
r0b0r said:
Cool :)

Would be ammusing if someone made a flashlight "emulator" in java or flash... compare the different UI hehe
r0b0r: You're a genius. One of the best ways to teach Human-Computer Interaction. If I ever get time I'll have a go in Flash. I'll start with Fenixes and then move to HDS. How about doing a statechart first?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks for the explanations. I think the description "width of the forward voltage pulse" best cleared up my confusion. Thanks, adnj.

Geoff

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
NetKidz said:
Just took a photo and should demonstrate the frequency difference. They all run on one NiMH. Top is LF2 (0.2%), middle is JETBeam C-LE (low) and bottom is JETBeam JET-I MK.II X (5%)

LF2-CLE-MK2X-PWM.jpg

The LF2 draws like a line. :)

Excellent way to illustrate PWM!! Good job!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice PWM illustration!!! :D
Its true, the CL-E's frequency is too low... it has noticeable flickering!! Why couldn't they jack it up a litte....

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
NetKidz said:
Do you mean LF2 XR-E and LF2 P4?
LF2 P4 version isn't out yet. :D

Yes, I meant LF2 XR-E and P4

But, which LEDS are Brighter, the XR-E or the P4 ?????? (I'm guessing it's the P4)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any news about their AA-lights?
I would love a LF1 with a cree in it!

LED Cool

Enlightened
patience guys! patience.

Liteflux is almost done working on the LF1 with CREE!

whats left is the orange peel coating on the CREE reflector.

khoo

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Sweet !! :D Any idea on price ??

Will it be the same dimensions as the old LF1 or (hopefully!) smaller ??

Please say it will be as bright as (if not brighter!) than the Fenix L1D-CE !!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to hear that they are making a Cree LF1!!

You dont happen to know if there is any differences? Is the exact same light but just with a Cree?
Things I would like to keep is the momentary on, and the easy UI. Things I would like is a ultralong running time on low (as Fenix LxD) and superbright high (as turbomode on LxD). I think that would be a light that many people would love!

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm interested in. Said it before, but I'm really not a fan of these overcomplicated UIs. But maybe that's just me. The LF2 is a twistie with 2 positions, if I understood the UI correctly, and doubt they will make a AA and 2AA light a twistie. But Ï'm curious about what they will release. Doubt it's just a LF1 with a Cree stuck in, that might have been available earlier.

A bit OT, but I wonder why nobody has just taken a proven reliable and simple design (LxT, LF1 etc) and just stuck a cree in it. There seem to be a lot of people out there who don't want all the bells and whistles with these newer more advanced lights, who were very happy with the older lights, and just wanted a cree version.

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a very nice light, about to order one, cant go wrong with that price. But not what I asked for in this thread. It has only one level of light.

LED Cool

Enlightened
same dimension & UI as your present LF1. Except for the LED module and reflector. i have also asked LiteFlux to adjust the LED driver to max out the current supplied to the CREE LED while using AA & 2AA alkaline/NimH batteries configuration. they said it can be done but runtime will suffer.

khoo

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks LED Cool for the info!
Made my day. :)

Would be nice if they could max out the current on high mode, and somehow manage long runtimes on low mode. But I guess you cant get everything you want. Just wonder how much runtime will suffer.

Also hope they make a turbohead and diffuser, as with LF1. Would be a GREAT kit!

Calina

Enlightened
From this thread : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152185&page=4&pp=20
4sevens said:
I'd like jump in here with some points and also some "clinical" results from chevrofreak.

First, aside from the flicker associated with PWM, most people don't realize
how inefficient PWM is especially at the lower levels. The brightness
maybe be low, but the efficiency is the same as if was being driven at
full power. And we know LED efficiency skyrockets as the drive current
goes down. Second, there are losses are every PWM cycle too, everytime it's
turned on and off, there are losses in the boost circuit and at the FET.
Thirdly, if you don't drive the FET (electronic switch) hard enough, the
transition from off to on will cause serious losses - these losses will
increase as the PWM frequency increases too.?

Is this true for the circuit of the LF2 or is this mostly true for simpler circuits?

How efficient will the LF2 be? Will you have runtime charts anytime soon?

Last edited: