• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New flashlight: The Copperhead [interest / description / sales] thread

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like jmac30 changed it and each reply to his post kept it. If you reply to your original post, and everyone replies to that, then the title should remain the same. :)

Edit: Forgot I could do it with my reply too. :D

Last edited:
RETURN from fieldwork:

Hi Guys, I'm back from the field. I will not be able to take the days off that I had hoped because of the stack of things waiting for me at work, but I did solder up a bunch of new drivers. All the outstanding parts came in while I was out, so I am in stock for everyone on the list. In addition to the regular 1520 and 3040 drivers, I also got 3040 drivers with a 50ma low, rather than the 5ma moonlight low. Let me know if that is your preference, those of you wanting the max amps.

I did manage to do some aqua testing with moshow's light (there was a lens defect so I'm making it again). The solarforce clicky failed at about 11m, letting enough salt water in to short the protection circuit on the 18650. The light still functioned after a fashion, but was flickery and dim. The battery also spewed some rusty gunk into the back of the circuit board. Good news was that after a thorough disassembly, washing and drying, the light was good to go! No water intrusion into the lamp assembly.

Hi Guys,

A batch of 10 is finally ready - I have updated post 2. If your name is listed in red then you need to pay the amount shown. I've decided not to get programming deposits anymore - too complicated to keep track. I'm pretty sure I don't have any deposits, so let me know if you sent me one and have not paid the balance yet. If you are listed as paid and completed then it should ship tomorrow.

PLEASE put your CPF handle and shipping address in your paypal!

I did not go exactly in order - I made a batch of Nichias, and now I'll make a batch of Crees.

Tofty and Eciton, we need to figure out the UK shipping. Are you going to go with Oveready's offer to ship overseas?

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

A batch of 10 is finally ready - I have updated post 2. If your name is listed in red then you need to pay the amount shown. I've decided not to get programming deposits anymore - too complicated to keep track. I'm pretty sure I don't have any deposits, so let me know if you sent me one and have not paid the balance yet. If you are listed as paid and completed then it should ship tomorrow.

PLEASE put your CPF handle and shipping address in your paypal!

I did not go exactly in order - I made a batch of Nichias, and now I'll make a batch of Crees.

Tofty and Eciton, we need to figure out the UK shipping. Are you going to go with Oveready's offer to ship overseas?

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

To make things simpler, I'd actually like to ask you to ship it to my brother in the US — I'll PayPal you the $55 now and include his address in the notes.

Can't wait to receive it!

Cheers,

Ant

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Copperhead today and must say this is one very solid light. Here is my initial impression.

The spacing on the three modes as well as the output is perfect for me. Low appears to be about 5 lumens. The tint is great (219) and the 25deg optic gives a very nice mix of spot and spill. With the clip attached in its single cell format it fits very nicely in the pocket.

Thanks Dan for a most excellent product.

With Funky Orange extension tube.
IMG-20131213-00696.jpg

Last edited: