New H53c AA Headlamp Neutral White High CRI!

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
made them permanent with a carefully trimmed strip of gorilla tape, doubled adhesive side to adhesive side to allow rotation, sticky side on the clip to prevent shifting.

Having trouble imagining that. You're covering the metal where the clip goes over the tube to prevent scratching, or you're covering the clip itself to make it hold on better?

I prefer clips that rotate around the body on right angle lights

I agree about rotation (though I'd prefer it didn't scratch up the light in the process), but am curious why it's on the tailcap end, and what's the advantage of it being "deep carry"?

Since it has the disadvantage of blocking the tailcap, I assume there's some compensating advantage?

Without having much right angle light experience, I'd think a rotating clip that attaches just under the head would have been the most useful.

I'd assumed I could use a right angle light instead of sticking an iPhone in my pocket with the flashlight facing forward. That's the closest thing to a headlight I had before. Sits in the shirt and lights things up hands-free. Can't really figure out how to do that with the H53. Weight is part of the problem. Clip it to your shirt and it may weigh the same as a phone, but it's less spread out.

IDK, just trying to figure out what I'm missing about how to use it, that may not be obvious. Last RA light I had was one of those 2 D military surplus things, back in the 80s.