NEW Lupine Wilma TL ***NOW WITH OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS***

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I think its plausible, but i would think because of the heat. I think there will be thermal problems
with a flashlight. Not when you use it as bike-light...

And i think the MaXX-D uses 3*18650, right?

EnabLED

Newly Enlightened
I think its plausible, but i would think because of the heat. I think there will be thermal problems with a flashlight. Not when you use it as bike-light...

The light is thermally regulated, so it may go dim if it gets hot but it won't fry. I have done some run-time tests and have to set up a fan, else it dims itself. Also, it takes a while to get hot, even without a fan, I guess the case helps at least some in cooling the head. I sometimes use my MaXx-D as a flashlight (that is, besides as a run-down test) and I have never had it thermally regulate, though I am sure that varies with how you use it.

And i think the MaXX-D uses 3*18650, right?

I think 4x. It seems like a basic "recipe" in the product line is X LEDs, X cells, and 300 * X lumens claimed output for 3 hours, where X is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 and across the line (tho' as noted above, real output seems to be around 2/3 of claimed). Weights also seem to be about 80g * X across the line (about).

Johnyjackpot

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lupine Wilma TL Review - A Layman's Perspective
I recently purchased a Tesla TL and have a short review. Got into flashlights and was interested in finding a few that worked best for me and selling the rest. Had quite a few, starting with Jetbeams including a Rrt-3 and working up to a Polaron X1-40w. I also bike a fair amount so I was always looking for a great bike light. Found both in this light. Works amazinging well as a flashlight, and is absolutely awesome on my bike. I ride the lakefront trail in Chicago and the very dark roads in the country. I'm sure in the city the oncoming riders think I'm a as? when on high. But is this light cool! A absolute wall of light. Expensive yes,but will I keep or sell? A keeper for sure.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NEW Lupine Wilma TL ***NOW WITH OUTDOORBEAMSHOTS***

Crap. Triple post!

Whatever you're smoking is working :devil:

Fugly lil' light but I like the specs and finally a decent website. Love the links at the bottom for accessories, manual, etc. Light makers, take notice!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Piko TL and Betty TL have been announced. Also a wide beam Wilma TL.

:). Going to be an expensive couple months. :)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found the info on a link from the lupine Facebook page. Pictures can also be found over there. Looks pretty sweet and small.

Piko TL Mini
8W – 550 Lumen – 15°
INTEGRATED 1.7 Ah battery
Piko TL Charger
Charging time: 3 hour
Run time: 1 hour 30 Minutes
Weight: 145 Gram
Size: 8,7 cm x 4,1 cm

Piko TL Max
10W – 750 Lumen – 22°
INTEGRATED 2.5 Ah Battery
Piko TL Charger
Charging time: 4 hours
Runtime: 2 hours
Weight: 180 Gram
Size: 10,4 cm x 4,1 cm

Piko TL Ultra
8W – 550 Lumen – 15°
INTEGRATED 2.5 Ah battery
Piko TL Charger
Run rime: 2 hours 30 Minutes
Weight: 180 Gramm

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Found the info on a link from the lupine Facebook page.

Piko TL Mini
8W – 550 Lumen – 15°
INTEGRATED 1.7 Ah battery
Piko TL Charger
Charging time: 3 hour
Run time: 1 hour 30 Minutes
Weight: 145 Gram
Size: 8,7 cm x 4,1 cm

Piko TL Max
10W – 750 Lumen – 22°
INTEGRATED 2.5 Ah Battery
Piko TL Charger
Runtime: 2 hours
Weight: 180 Gram

Piko TL Ultra
8W – 550 Lumen – 15°
INTEGRATED 2.5 Ah battery
Piko TL Charger
Run rime: 2 hours 30 Minutes
Weight: 180 Gramm

What about Betty and Wilma models you mentioned? I love my Wilma tl!

Tony

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still trying to get the exact specs on the Wilma TL and Betty TL. My understanding is the Wilma gets bumped to 1500 lumens and 22/26 degree beam and the Betty TL gets to 2600 lumens and 26 degree beam.

tonkem

Enlightened
Still trying to get the exact specs on the Wilma TL and Betty TL. My understanding is the Wilma gets bumped to 1500 lumens and 22/26 degree beam and the Betty TL gets to 2600 lumens and 26 degree beam.

WOW! That is amazing! I will be watching for the new information to come from Lupine. Their lights are awesome. The runtime I am getting on my wilma is outstanding, since I have had the light I have only used one battery. These lights are top notch. I also took it on a ride on the bike, and even on low, it is just light a head light on a car :)

Thanks for the info

Tony

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their Facebook page has been updated with more pics and a comparo in size to iPhone 4. This is going to be a nice little powerhouse.