New Maglite 3rd Generation 2D/3D - 524 + 625 lumens stock!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well hello.country boy here. Got to love when I tell people I'm from ny. It's always oh man I couldn't live in a big city like that lol. Hell neater could I.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I would drop some MLLX goodness right here. Missing out of these pics is my red 2 C cell ML50LX. All have glass up front ant nyogel applied to the new style rubber O-ring on the tail caps.

IMG_0048_zpshhpbypky.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0059_zpspet0sv6g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
PFFT HAHA! That is correct! Unfortunately it is not there now. It will be getting horribly cold where I am in about a month. Going to change a couple of my LX lights over to AA to D cell adapters and Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA primaries. Alkaline does not do well below freezing at all. Outdoors a lot and use these. Run times are seemingly forever out of all of them.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the 3 AA to 1D adapters? I have some but have not used them yet. I use LSD NiMh cells and they seem to do very well.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have those too, and they rock - all I use in my D-cell lights now, with Eneloops in them. Although, in the uber-low temps, I would still use the Energizer lithium primaries. NiMH's don't do well in cold temps either.

yearnslow

Enlightened
The LX versions are real nice, particularly if you have a few other Mags and want something with a bit different look and feel. If you like the look, the fact that the LX's are hard ano'd and a bit grippier makes them well worth the few $ extra.

Indeed, well worth the money. My ML300LX 2 x 'D' is quite possibly the best 'D' cell Flashlight I've owned yet, and I've tried lots of 'D' cell flashlights!
Prior to this I had a three 'D' cell Mag with the replacement LED 'bulb', which of itself was a great improvement over the incandescents. But this Mag is in a different league.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the ML50 and ML300 are currently the best C and D cell lights out there, definitely outstanding values! Mag really did a great job with these lights - worthy successors to the old Mags.

If there is anything that surpasses the ML50/ML300 for value, it might well be the ML25 C cell LEDs - amazing lights for the price. Its a shame Mag didn't come out with the incan ML25's back in the late '80's, I'm sure they would have been very popular and share the classic status of the other incan Mags.

I only wish the LX versions were more popular, Mag seems to have stopped offering LX'd versions of their newest variations; I would love a 4D ML300 LX if Mag decides to make 'em - heck I would love a LX versions of the ML25's as well.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag is def heading in the right direction with these lights, can't hate on a 4D! I wish Mag would offer some more customization thought. Can't help but wonder when they'll bring their warm tints to the larger lights. Some additional colors, bezels, special editions wouldn't hurt either. Very excited to see what the future holds!