New Maglite 3rd Generation 2D/3D - 524 + 625 lumens stock!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
buy it its worth it. Real XML2 625 lumens, multi modes and forever run time. 76 USD is roughly 20 more than we pay in the states but the value factor is off the charts either way

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
get the MlLX version with the knurled body and tougher finish. Get mine off Amazon never seen the LX version in stores just the ML300L which is still just fine. Yes its just as durable.

yearnslow

Enlightened
I'm a bit late to the party here, but I just bought the ML300LX knurled body 2 Dcell model, and I have to say, it's impressive.
I've always liked Maglites, because of the aesthetics and, just because they work, but with the advent of lots of other manufacturers, they sort of lost their way.

This model is a real improvement on the originals, I just hope it is as tough as the older versions.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I've been itching to try an ML300. I think the modes are just what the doctor ordered. I have a 3D Incan that's I've put way too much work into and am too attached to to ditch though. I've also heard but can't confirm that Mag went with a thinner wall aluminum on the body tube. It's probably fine but I still like the 80's and early 90's Mags with the big old bodies because they feel so much more durable.

Like most other Maglites the batteries will be the weak point. I recommend using a Low Self Discharge NiMH, they'll never leak and can be recharged easily. If you don't want to part with that kind of dough you have to use the best quality alkalines you can find and make sure all the batteries are brand new and form the same lot. I've seen soooo many lights ruined because of cheap batteries. 99% of the Mag's problems are due to bad batteries.

As soon as I find one of these cheap on Fleabay I'll def be picking one up to try out.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I've been itching to try an ML300. I think the modes are just what the doctor ordered. I have a 3D Incan that's I've put way too much work into and am too attached to to ditch though. I've also heard but can't confirm that Mag went with a thinner wall aluminum on the body tube. It's probably fine but I still like the 80's and early 90's Mags with the big old bodies because they feel so much more durable.

Like most other Maglites the batteries will be the weak point. I recommend using a Low Self Discharge NiMH, they'll never leak and can be recharged easily. If you don't want to part with that kind of dough you have to use the best quality alkalines you can find and make sure all the batteries are brand new and form the same lot. I've seen soooo many lights ruined because of cheap batteries. 99% of the Mag's problems are due to bad batteries.

As soon as I find one of these cheap on Fleabay I'll def be picking one up to try out.

The ML300 is great - the extra lumens, the multi modes, improved focus, programmable function sets and electronic switch all work well. They did go with a slightly slimmed down tube and a shorter overall length (thanks to the new switch and focus system), I am sure a lot of people like the lighter weight and slimmer feel, while others may prefer the weight and fatter grip of the old Mags. BTW, I put a old glass MagCharger lens on mine, so the lens are still the same diameter as the old Mags.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
This model is a real improvement on the originals, I just hope it is as tough as the older versions.
These models have thinner barrel material compare to older incand models but still strong enough and durable.
BTW, thread diameters are different and one can not be used on the other.

mn700vforce

Newly Enlightened
First post here but been reading for a while. I have had the Maglite ML50LX for around 6 months and have nothing but good things to say about it. It has the urban gray finish which I have yet to scratch.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the LX's have Type 3 hard ano finish instead of the type 2 on most Mags.

4DMag-Lite

Newly Enlightened
I just recently upgraded from a 4D INCAN to a 3D ML300L, I will say I was not disappointed. What prompted me to buy the light was the fact that it had 4 different programmable modes.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a couple of years now since the 3rd Gen XML2 release. They are STILL the best VALUE large lights there are. The electronics in the new Gens are extremely good. XML2 emitters all around. The fact that you actually have MULTI MODE capability is awesome. I have a copy of ALL the new 3rd Gen XML2 Mags in both C and D size. Only thing I did to them was what I always do with my big Mags which is getting custom ground optical quality glass lenses for them all. Every single one has first class glass up front and YES it makes a difference at least to my eyes.

Just got the new 4xD 1000 lumen Mag. Of course first thing was install of first rate glass up front. Second is going through the modes they are capable of.

I accidentally ordered 3 of the new 4xD 1000 lumen Mags. Only have room for one. The other two are still new in unopened boxes. Have no idea what to do with them.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a couple of years now since the 3rd Gen XML2 release. They are STILL the best VALUE large lights there are. The electronics in the new Gens are extremely good. XML2 emitters all around. The fact that you actually have MULTI MODE capability is awesome. I have a copy of ALL the new 3rd Gen XML2 Mags in both C and D size. Only thing I did to them was what I always do with my big Mags which is getting custom ground optical quality glass lenses for them all. Every single one has first class glass up front and YES it makes a difference at least to my eyes.

Just got the new 4xD 1000 lumen Mag. Of course first thing was install of first rate glass up front. Second is going through the modes they are capable of.

I accidentally ordered 3 of the new 4xD 1000 lumen Mags. Only have room for one. The other two are still new in unopened boxes. Have no idea what to do with them.

Cool!

How do you like the 4D ML300? Is it noticeably brighter than the 3D version?