NEW Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know why it is so hard to get a non PWM light. In any case, I hope you all enjoy your coppers.. I have a Maratac Rev 3 aaa, it came with PWM too. I dont recall seeing any mention of that on CountyComm, then or now.. I dont know why that information is not disclosed.. on a non returnable light in particular..

I suppose someone could email CountyComm and find out.. I mean, in this case about whether the CR123 uses PWM, which apparently we dont know one way or the other, yet.. Im suprised that most people dont seem to care about tint or PWM the way I do.. different strokes..

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it's not gonna happen. 1 day left and still 135 to go. :eek:oo:
Unless I'm misunderstanding, 500 lights is the maximum that would be available in this drop. The more lights that get sold, the lower the cost per light. So I assume this is still going to happen at $50 per light.

akhyar

Enlightened
Yup!
Maximum number of lights is 500. Even if less than 500 lights are sold by the dateline, the drop is still on.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I signed up for the drop last night...that's the way I understand it too, the drop is for up to 500, not that 500 had to be spoken for before the drop happens.

So can anyone that has one of these verify whether they use PWM or not? :shrug:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it were a clicky I would be in.

Agreed. Clicky is the way to go. I had thought about buying one, but would have ultimately sold it like the first generation model. I can't do the whole 'twisty-thing.'

No clicky=No fun

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wrote to CountyComm on Friday.. no reply yet, seems they dont check email on the weekend. I suggested they include the PWM info on their website, which atm they do not.

rjking

Enlightened
Unless I'm misunderstanding, 500 lights is the maximum that would be available in this drop. The more lights that get sold, the lower the cost per light. So I assume this is still going to happen at $50 per light.

Yup!
Maximum number of lights is 500. Even if less than 500 lights are sold by the dateline, the drop is still on.

If this is the case then, $50 a piece should be fine then. :thumbsup:

rjking

Enlightened

Yup!

I signed up for the drop last night...that's the way I understand it too, the drop is for up to 500, not that 500 had to be spoken for before the drop happens.

You guys are spot on. :twothumbs

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wrote to CountyComm 1 week ago asking if the Copper 123 light uses PWM. I have had no reply.

My bet is YES it uses PWM, like my Cu aaa Maratac Rev 3.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine in the mail from Massdrop. I like it...looks like they got the o-ring farther into the head when the light is off on this one, which was one of my biggest complaints on the older version. And it does have PWM...but it's at a high frequency, so it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it, at least IMO.

Nice light overall!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
it does have PWM

thanks for sharing info, congrats on your beautiful new copper light..

It is listed as a Rev2 for CR123, and is 3 mode cool white with PWM, same as the Rev3 for AAA.

iirc The Rev2 for AAA was a 2 mode cool white without PWM. Basically the Revision number is specific to the battery size.

Enjoy!:)

rjking

Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail from Massdrop. I like it...looks like they got the o-ring farther into the head when the light is off on this one, which was one of my biggest complaints on the older version. And it does have PWM...but it's at a high frequency, so it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it, at least IMO.

Nice light overall!

Lucky you! :drool:I should be getting mine any day now. :popcorn:

rjking

Enlightened
Those who missed the MassDrop GB, Spooky sale is now on in CountyComm.

T45

Enlightened
I haven't seen too many pics of the Maratac Copper 123 disassembled, so I can't verify, but has anyone had this issue with their copper 123?

"They suffer from a issue that makes them worthless to me. I can't figure why so many are willing to overlook it. The o-ring is situated too close to the body. You can not loosen the head adequately to ensure the light is shut off without making it so loose the head falls off."

I would appreciate any first hand experience. Thank you.