**NEW** Nitecore EA4 Pioneer (4*AA, 860lm)

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Don't base your expectations on the first two beamshots, they're extemely overexposed. Lights with twice the lux won't light a treeline @ 200 meters like that.

We will soon find out, only owners can know.

Sarlix

Enlightened
Thanks for the photos Jomox!

I've finally decided I'm going to buy one! now all I need is the money lol

@HighlanderNorth - I was jesting about EU standardized toilet roll sizes, I don't think they really do that :laughing:

biglights

Enlightened
The 2nd photo is a good example of the EA4. The one with the lower shutter speed. I have the EA4 and it does have a lot throw. You will be impressed with this one!

RBH

Newly Enlightened
The image with the corect exposure still makes me glad I bought one. I've got a K40, and I can tell this little light looks damned amazing.

Don't base your expectations on the first two beamshots, they're extemely overexposed. Lights with twice the lux won't light a treeline @ 200 meters like that.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the cool white version, another below, tree at about 55mm (One above: tree lines are at around 200m,) Not sure if allowed to post direct link as not sure if its rival site (Credits to flashlight man)

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s524/bear_down1/DSC05253.jpg?t=1355017637

Lower shutter speed.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s524/bear_down1/DSC05292.jpg?t=1355097944

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Wow, its amazing how much whiter the ground looks in picture #2 with the slower shutter speed! LOL

Is that really the EA4? That looks really bright in the top picture and in the picture from the other post. Is it on a lower setting in the bottom picture or is that just the slower shutter speed?

windsurf

Newly Enlightened
Since this is my first Nitecore, was wondering if anybody can confirm whether the sticker barcode number on the bottom of the EA4 box (not UPC) matches one of the two numbers on the light itself? I never gave them a thought until seeing these posts in the www.taschenlampen-forum.de (Google & Babelfish tranlations match closely):

"And the serial numbers on the box and lamp are also in agreement, then it will also be a CW " ..."Yes, the serial number .. true"
"Have a NW and there is "EA2W U2 SMO" and then the serial number is also on the lamp itself."

My sticker reads_ 2120383540xx6 (xx,yy,zz in lieu of the real numbers)
light's first no. 2011201191yy.8
and second no.___ 2012204503zz.8

I assumed the box sticker might be a batch/date code while the light numbers might have been part of the "CN patent pending" label. I now see the little Warranty Service tag has a spot for the serial number (but which number?)

Up All Night

Enlightened

I didn't post that to dump on this light or this thread. This light definitely appeals and I'm sure I'll purchase one. I just want to give a heads-up to anyone who may not be familiar with lux #'s or ANSI throw ratings. The photo is misleading, nothing worse than cracking open a new light with high expectations only to be disappointed. I'm not suggesting it was shot like that intentionally, the hype of a new light, especially one so small with big performance can set peoples perceptions askew.

Peace!

Hate the game,...not the player!:D

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I've always carried smaller lights when i'm out and this'll probably be the first hefty light i do carry around. I must admit that it's a little uncomfortable throwing in the pocket like my other 1aa or 2aa lights (though doable as it's stubby). While i had intended to do the same with this EA4, after actually trying to do so, i changed my mind... despite saying i would hehe... For those of you with bigger lights where on your belt do you affix the holster & light? I find it annoying at the side of my waist as, when i walk, my swaying arms keep bumping in to it. In the front of my waist, it's uncomfortable when sitting. In the back it's slow and cumbersome to access. Maybe i'm just too used to pocketing my lights. hmmm...

Sarlix

Enlightened
Wow, its amazing how much whiter the ground looks in picture #2 with the slower shutter speed! LOL

Looks like it snowed in between beamshots :p

I've only owned/used single cell lights so I have no idea what to expect from these bigger boy's - Thanks for the heads up

Hefty, little uncomfortable, annoying, bumping, uncomfortable, cumbersome

So how are you going to carry it InquisitiveInquirer?

jomox

Newly Enlightened
The more I look around at beamshots, the more realistic those images I posted are, in-fact other beamshots are very similar like this: (With street light interference which makes the flashlight light worse)

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/Rickr1/NitecoreEA4021.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/Rickr1/NitecoreEA4024.jpg

I'll find out when I get it, but honestly unless you have the light you have no idea how it is in person. However I trust my supplier and the number of beamshots around the net to get a good enough reflection of how it will be. I don't think I will be disappointed especially because it's AA.

RBH

Newly Enlightened
No one should take offense at a statement meant only to inform. I know I certainly didn't.:thumbsup:

I didn't post that to dump on this light or this thread. This light definitely appeals and I'm sure I'll purchase one. I just want to give a heads-up to anyone who may not be familiar with lux #'s or ANSI throw ratings. The photo is misleading, nothing worse than cracking open a new light with high expectations only to be disappointed. I'm not suggesting it was shot like that intentionally, the hype of a new light, especially one so small with big performance can set peoples perceptions askew.

Peace!

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
I just received a neutral white version. The low looks a lot more rhan 65 limens. Looks almost like 200 lumens. Also the head rattles.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
tumblr_ldce74Pp131qd8g0s.gif

wonkycows

Newly Enlightened
I'm really interested in this light. The throw looks brilliant for the size. How good is the spill though. Although the throw is mostly talked about, I find that the spill is often what makes a light usable for me. I currently own some throwers and some flooders too. I'd really love something that does a bit of both in this sort of compact size. What do you think guys?

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really interested in this light. The throw looks brilliant for the size. How good is the spill though. Although the throw is mostly talked about, I find that the spill is often what makes a light usable for me. I currently own some throwers and some flooders too. I'd really love something that does a bit of both in this sort of compact size. What do you think guys?

DO EEET!!

Devildude

Enlightened

This light has a fair amount of spill, go for it.

markr6

Flashaholic
How is your beam on this light. Does it have a doughnut or ring for a beam?
On the lowest setting it is a very, very slight donut right in the center but hardly worth mentioning. I just checked on a wall in my house. Otherwise you'll never notice this.

This light has a fair amount of spill, go for it.
I agree. I always appreciate a good spill and considering the throw, the spill on the EA4 is pretty good.