New Nitecore EA41

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
If true, no "Momentary" is a deal-breaker for me...

decent updates... buttons are still very flush though, still hard to find by feel

A nice upgrade to this would be raised, larger buttons, momentary and (drumroll....)
different color trits in the "comes on in low" mode and the "comes on in high" mode buttons to help distinguish them in the dark!
(Do flashlight makers not realize those cute little symbols on their grey/black buttons are sometimes hard to make out in the pitch black? :whistle:)

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does it lock out? I had the 1st gen turn on in my bag quite a few times so I glued an O-ring around it.
Also curious about parasitic drain on standby mode.

bbxtwo

Newly Enlightened
actually it's available at battery junction on july 17th. woulda ordered it right away if they had it availabke, but oh well andrew-amanda had a 15 PERCENT off til july 5. so it made the light 59.46.

Last edited:

bbxtwo

Newly Enlightened
How does it lock out? I had the 1st gen turn on in my bag quite a few times so I glued an O-ring around it.

hold down power button while on to lockout ? to get out of lockout you hold down power button. i had problem with the ea4 unlocking in my pocket so i had to return it. there is a parasitic drain either way, because of electronic switch?

Last edited:

Dr.444

Enlightened
actually it's available at battery junction on july 17th. woulda ordered it right away if they had it availabke, but oh well andrew-amanda had a 15 PERCENT off til july 5. so it made the light 59.46.

Batteryjunction says Ships Same Or Next Business Day !

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting upgrade. Nitecore changed the spread of the light range at the lower end, changed 65/135/300 to 1/40/120. I think I like it better this way. I was reading through the Users Guide to see how the various levels were switched and noticed something interesting. As far as I can tell, they have changed the Voltage display to Power Level display, which is just a series of flashes showing relative power levels. Geek that I am, I think I would rather have the voltage display.
If I didn't already have an EA4W, I would be very interested in this version.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
To lock out, with the light on, press and hold Both buttons for over a second. In lockout mode the batteries are supposed to last for 12 months. The stated life for standby was 120 days.

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting upgrade. Nitecore changed the spread of the light range at the lower end, changed 65/135/300 to 1/40/120. I think I like it better this way. I was reading through the Users Guide to see how the various levels were switched and noticed something interesting. As far as I can tell, they have changed the Voltage display to Power Level display, which is just a series of flashes showing relative power levels. Geek that I am, I think I would rather have the voltage display.

For my usage (nightly walks) the more I learn about the EA41, the better my EA4W fits me. First no "High" Momentary to jump back and forth from lower levels as I need to ID a distant object; No neutral tint (for now); Power Level instead of Voltage display for getting the most out of batteries; Moonlight is nice, but w/o Momentary yet another level to cycle through to get to High and back again.

I guess you can't please everybody...

markr6

Flashaholic

Why get rid of that voltage indicator?!?! That was the best idea ever! I always seem to check my EA4/w when locking them out...just a nice thing to know. The relative flashes, like Zebralights, is OK but not great.

Looking forward to some reviews soon...

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question is if the new Nitecore EA41 is free from the switch problem of EA4: that the lights now and then goes to strobe when one wants to shut it off. Otherwise EA4 is a great 4AA lights but I find it really annoying.

markr6

Flashaholic
The question is if the new Nitecore EA41 is free from the switch problem of EA4: that the lights now and then goes to strobe when one wants to shut it off. Otherwise EA4 is a great 4AA lights but I find it really annoying.

I've never seen that on either of mine...only when double clicking as it was intended.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen that on either of mine...only when double clicking as it was intended.

I understand that it's a problem not in every sample of EA4 but in some of them, read that there are other users with the same experience as mine.

markr6

Flashaholic
I understand that it's a problem not in every sample of EA4 but in some of them, read that there are other users with the same experience as mine.

That, plus the bubbling/melting switch which Nitecore fixed. Hopefully neither of these issues appear in the EA41.

Chaitanya

Banned
I just purchased the EC25 today, for me having that 60 lumens on low and smaller size compared to Ea4 were the reasons why I got it. I will wait till my dealer in India offers this version officially.