4Pigs

Newly Enlightened
EX CR2 LO :70 lux HI :570
AEON LO :38 lux HI :450

measured @ 1 Meter

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy :twothumbs

My question is beam, why did the CR2 platform take so long to go mainstream and get below a triple digit price tag? Having handled Larry's box of lights 3+ years ago and shaking the hand of the dude that makes these coveted "Larry Lights" was one of those moments of almost asking "when will these lights go into production?" But that would have been not very tactful and the question was filed away.

Politics aside, I have a CR2 Ion in black on my keychain since it first came out I don't think I can replace it yet because nothing is leaps and bounds better than it.

AardvarkSagus, StephanTM, 4Pigs, thanks for the pictures. For some reason I thought the EZ CR2 version would be smaller.

The EZ123 does look good thought. I have a SmartPD in my bug out bag and was looking to replace it with something smaller and with less features. I rarely ever use the infinite adjustments in the light output.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
.........For some reason I thought the EZ CR2 version would be smaller.

I have to agree. I was hoping it'll be shorter. It doesn't really need the back threads for camera mount, I doubt many will use it. :shrug:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is beam, why did the CR2 platform take so long to go mainstream and get below a triple digit price tag?
It did long ago with the Jil.
Having handled Larry's box of lights 3+ years ago and shaking the hand of the dude that makes these coveted "Larry Lights" was one of those moments of almost asking "when will these lights go into production?" But that would have been not very tactful and the question was filed away.

Politics aside, I have a CR2 Ion in black on my keychain since it first came out I don't think I can replace it yet because nothing is leaps and bounds better than it.
Politics? I was responding to those who quipped that the EZCR2 was a knock off of a KNOWN knock off.:shrug:
And I did ask him that question to a loud guffaw and they almost did make it into production via a now struggling dealer.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered the CR2 Version, Never handled such a small light before, I am excited. I wouldnt call it a copy either, similar yes. :poof:

With that tiny reflector, I Hope its floody.
-Bobby

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been impressed with my pre recall EZAA from day one and can now report the same about the EZ(CR)123 And EZCR2. Here is a pic showing the size compared to other lights, note the EZCR2 next to my key chain carried modded Streamlight Keymate, I would say the EZCR2 is easily key-chainable.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have been impressed with my pre recall EZAA from day one and can now report the same about the EZ(CR)123 And EZCR2. Here is a pic showing the size compared to other lights, note the EZCR2 next to my key chain carried modded Streamlight Keymate, I would say the EZCR2 is easily key-chainable.

Thanks for that picture! I seem to have a thing for CR2 based lights and never understood why they haven't been more popular. But seeing the EZ123 compared to the Jil, well, I might just pull the trigger on that light since I'm not really looking for a keychain light. I'm still beating up my Liteflux LF2 in that role, and it keeps on ticking, since I've hesitated to put either my Jil or my CR2 Ion on my key ring at their price points - although the affordable EZCR2 does look easily carried as the Jil certainly is. But that 123 model is surprisingly small, and as a devoted Arc4/HDS/Novatac fan the only complaint I've had of those lights was their size, and the LF3XT being only marginal smaller has not solved my search for a multi level 123 based light that is smaller than the Novatac (the PD Nitecore didn't get the nod due to the UI which I didn't really care for, I'd rather have a two stage if I can't have a more programmable multi stage).

Still - I have some of AWs RCR2's for my Jil which isn't getting much use these days... it would be nice to have that small size and I do like the CR2 size form factor. But the 123 is only marginally larger and has higher capacity and I have plenty of AWs CR123's around and they are easily replaced as well...

Like so many, what to do, what to do...

Torpedo Vegas

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a LD01 they could take a picture with an EZCR, EZ123, or both for size reference?

Gatsby

Enlightened
These new lights don't seem to be getting a whole lot of attention - I'm not sure why - the size and simple interface are attractive (the UI being a winning one for Muyschondt, Surefire and others), they appear to have two well chosen levels for those seeking more power and the beam quality seems quite good.

I haven't seen a full blown review yet from the usual suspects - maybe they are too new or a review is pending?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! I really need to see some reviews and comparison pictures so I can decide

Oh, no! If they get a good review, I'll want one of the EZ123s. So, please, tell us how horrible they are. Awful, nasty, gruesome little lights!:devil:

Maybe if I just don't read it, I'll be OK. Yeah, until they give us the option of a neutral/warm tint EZ123.

Centropolis

Enlightened
From the dealer, the EZ CR2 can take 3.7v li_ions, I,ll confirm this tonight too.

Hi 4Pigs,

Have you had a chance to try the EZ CR2 with a 3.7v rechargeble yet? Did it go :poof:?

I just bought a EZAAw and I love it very much. I want a EZCR2 now but CR2 primaries are so expensive in Canada. (Well, at least the ones you can easily find in a store.) The ability to use a 3.7v rechargeable is main deal breaker for me. I know the dealer said it would work but I still want to know if someone actually tested it just in case because I don't think the Nitecore ads says it works with 3.7v.