• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired NEW! PR-P60 Drop-in Modules - Programmable!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello TheTomas,

I will see about addressing the points you mentioned. If you program the light on medium or low it is much easier and you don't usually have to turn the screen up. High mode makes it really difficult. You really don't need to tough the screen to program the light. I have two touch screens myself and I usually leave the light about 1" from the screen to program it.

We are working on an android and iphone app as well for programming.

We use the confirmation blink to let people know that the setting has been locked in. It is also used to let you know that the next press on the switch will turn off the light.

I am working on a cheat sheet to go into the package to explain the programming features. Tactical/momentary mode is really difficult on a drop-in but we were able to add this feature. In tactical mode there are no other modes to change to. So no matter how many times you press the switch it will just be one setting (High). Half presses will turn the light on and when released turn the light off. When you actually click the switch it will just lock it on. The reason this mode is difficult is because there are different switches out there. Some are forward clickies and some are reverse clickies. They will function a little bit different.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate all the feedback on these. I will work on the verbage for the online programming.

Chris

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. It's always nice to see a developer making themselves accessible to the community and the end user.

One more comment, and it may not be possible, but I wanted to mention it. I like the confirmation blink thing, but is there anyway to remove it when the light is programmed for only one mode, or when "memory mode" is not enabled? I know that if I only wanted one mode I could have bought a different drop in, but I like a customizable single mode for tactical lights.

Thanks again.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. It's always nice to see a developer making themselves accessible to the community and the end user.

One more comment, and it may not be possible, but I wanted to mention it. I like the confirmation blink thing, but is there anyway to remove it when the light is programmed for only one mode, or when "memory mode" is not enabled? I know that if I only wanted one mode I could have bought a different drop in, but I like a customizable single mode for tactical lights.

Thanks again.

I have tossed this around several times and came to the conclusion just to leave it. The reason being is it does not just tell you when the mode has been locked in but it also lets you know that the next press will either change modes or turn the light off.

Normally I would not program this drop-in with only one mode. Most of the time people want one mode and that usually is high. If you only program one high mode into this drop-in it makes it difficult to reprogram it again. Lower setting have higher program sensitivity, so they let the drop-in take programming easier. If you just want one mode you can switch to tactical mode for this feature. Then you have the one High mode that won't change when pressing the tail switch. This way you can always switch back to the other modes if you need to.

Hope this all makes sense. It is really quite simple but might be a little difficult to follow what I have written. A youtube video might be very helpful for people as it could show programming and then use of the drop-in. I will have to see if I am able to make a video. It really isn't something I do. :)

Chris

Last edited: