New Spy 007/ Tri-V Tailcap (Video added)

m_yo

Newly Enlightened
Looks awesome!

...Can I have someone's old tail cap and battery button then? :wave:

Last edited:

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
I posted in the other thread, but I guess I'll post an edited version here too.

I've been using one of the new tailcaps for a few months now, and I'd I haven't found any down side to it. I've never been a fan of needing to use tools to open a piece of gear to change batteries, and in the case of these pieces of functional titanium art I was always worried about scratching the finish. Also I don't use a lanyard, I use a belt pouch, so the bead wasn't really an option.

When I got the new tailcap, my first and only fear was that contact through a thin sheath (or pocket bumping) would cause it to fall off. This has never happened, even though I have tried to make it happen through testing in exaggerated versions of real world scenarios (basically frequent fidgeting and fiddling).

I like the idea of a semi-waterproof tailcap, but for EDC in normal circumstances, this quick-release is excellent, and I've been wanting a second one for another light. (I've tried it on both a Tri-V1 and 2, and left it on the 2 since that's what I carry.)

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know when this new tailcap might be ready to purchase? I've had my Tri-V2 for a couple days now and I would definitely take one of these new pinless tailcaps. (Especially since there are no opening beads to be had.:( )

RIDE

Enlightened
This is AWESOME! Too bad that it does not appear to be a fit for my original Tri-V...but that's not the end of the world :) I think it's going to be a killer upgrade for the newer lights!

Great job Dave!

RIDE

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review PSM, the new tail cap looks great! Great design Dave! Another great option would be a extension section to allow for higher capacity cells like the 16650 Samsung li ion. It could fasten just like the original cap does, Dave could design that in his sleep.