*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

nbp

Flashaholic
Nickel plated brass is a nice idea. I have had a couple EN Plated Alu lights, and the feel is very good, and it holds up to wear very well. Add in the little heft and the smooth machining available with brass and I think that it will be a very luxurious feeling light. Outputs look good, glad it is LMH (AFAIK). The clip and quick detach features are neat. I think the price is fair for the increased feature set.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
SF just posted on their FB page that the Titan Plus is shipping this week!! Phew, I'm glad I was able to hold out and not buy the Titan. It's MSRP IS ONLY $99 too! They are gonna sell a ton of these.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that Titan Plus has a medium level 75 lumens and it last 2 hours.
That is what the regular Titan is missing.

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just went to the surefire site and they show the titan plus in a satin type silver finish... ME LIKES!! :thumbsup:

01foreman400

Newly Enlightened
Strange indeed?
The T1A is one of my favorite lights still.

If this one is not variable I am not sure why they call it a Titan?

Mine as well.
5819ec645b21e96af8aa47db8ec1d9a4.jpg

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If that initial report on the Titan-Plus is true, L-M-H is an excellent configuration. I know we won't get 'regulation' per se on 'High', but having it after that ~75 lumen Medium (which will be a very useful mode by itself) is perfect. Now I'm looking forward to that version quite a bit more. :huh:

Edit: Yes, looking at the video on the SF webpage, it does indeed look like L-M-H. :D

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
B&H is top notch.

However SF release dates: :sleepy:

SF just posted on their FB page that the Titan Plus is shipping this week!! Phew, I'm glad I was able to hold out and not buy the Titan. It's MSRP IS ONLY $99 too! They are gonna sell a ton of these.

It's about time SF made me eat my hat. Genuinely hoping these are quality pieces and they have learned from the TITAN. It will be anarchy if these are anything short of old school SF quality. Please report back.... ( Im sure many will ).

Good luck!

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am almost certain I will go for the plus although I am not too sure how strong the quick release will be. Will the light pop off the release when in my pocket? Whatever, at most I will have it clipped to my pocket with the pocket clip.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, SF's webpage has no mentions of the lens. I really hope the Plus gets a glass lens.
Other than that, I'm actually pretty excited for the light. 15/75/300 should be really nice spacing of output. 15 lumens should be good for most tasks with 75 filling most of the gaps and still maintaining good runtime. Plus, it looks to have a nice, firm, bezel down clip. :)

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 300 lumens will make the light a handwarmer! For an AAA based cell, I think a high of 125 or so may have been a better option.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
the video on thier website makes it look like the plus has a nice neutral/warmish tint. in another thread i mentioned that i have no desire to purchase a AAA flashlight. this one is tempting.