*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Glad to see so many people getting and Titan-As. I enjoy reading others thoughts about this light.

My Titan-A can be easily operated with one hand, especially when on the key chain which adds length.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I find this light interesting, I do not plan on buying one unless Surefire makes a AA version. But, my question is, the plus version of this light claims 300 lumens for one hour!!??? Did I get this information incorrectly? I do not see how that is possible!!

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumen output steps down shortly after initial turn on. There was a post on this, but I can't find it.
There are two running threads on this light.

Last edited:

Stainz

Enlightened
The saga continues... I called LA Pol Gr and after a l-o-n-g time on hold, I finally talked to a nice gal who told me it'd be two weeks before they'd get more. Hmmm, S-F sent me an e-mail offering me 10% off my cart contents... I ordered them from the horse's mouth - a buck more in shipping and 4% s/t (*&^#$@!) - maybe they'll get them out faster...

Yesterday, I just wanted a toy... ordered a Fenix E05 (2015) for $20 from an amazon place... it'll be here tomorrow - wish they had Titans! (Another T1a is what started this mess.)

I think the Energizer Lithiums (L92) fit... but do the Energizer Industrial (EN92) fit without a hammer? Thanks - and congratulations to you folks who already have your Titans.

Edited: Postscript - S-F sent a confirmation of my 'backorder':

Hi John,

As stated on the website, this item is currently on a heavy backorder and will be shipping out in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you,

Customer Service Representative

download

I must be going blind - no mention of this was seen - by me - on their website. I certainly wouldn't have wasted more time. I called - got a nice C-S gal quickly. I told her about the cell fit problems some of you folks have had and she suggested I wait a bit to purchase mine - they'll honor the price, too. Nothing on order... except for the Fenix E05 - it'll be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one from Battery Junction on Saturday, and just received an e-mail from them with an expected date of May 5.

I can easily wait a couple more weeks for it.

bigfoot

Enlightened
:) Woohoo, can't wait! Just ordered one through Amazon. Looks like they still have a few in stock as of this moment.

My hunch is that this will be displacing my Maratac AAA for EDC pocket carry. Here is a picture of the current keychain setup... Maratac AAA light, Fox 40 Micro whistle, Exotac Nanostriker, Inka pen.

7154348550_f133b81531_c.jpg

Flickr Link: https://flic.kr/p/bUcUz5

Last edited:

jodoma

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine. Nice size and typical Surefire quality. Duracell alkaline fit fine and slide right in and out. Will ride in my coin pocket with my EB2 clipped to the pocket

Here's some pictures:

7213fe0e3a46e217fb6d0c6924e7194e.jpg

4d4c80fa95f0bfa550567025897c70e3.jpg

1d2eaa5ada65bec1cb64574cb53e57d6.jpg

mrbofus

Newly Enlightened
Anyone get a plus yet?

Where can one even get the Titan-B/Titan Plus? Everywhere I've looked says it's coming soon, but there doesn't seem to be a release date. Surefire doesn't even have the Titan Plus on their website (at least not that I can find).

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I heard they pulled them from the display at the NRA meet due to technical problems. Wonder if they found a significant bug.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can one even get the Titan-B/Titan Plus? Everywhere I've looked says it's coming soon, but there doesn't seem to be a release date. Surefire doesn't even have the Titan Plus on their website (at least not that I can find).

It's not out yet. It was originally supposed to follow the Titan-A by a few months. Of course, the Titan-A was supposed to be out in February so who knows what the timeline is like now :shrug:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not out yet. It was originally supposed to follow the Titan-A by a few months. Of course, the Titan-A was supposed to be out in February so who knows what the timeline is like now :shrug:

Or maybe they might just scrap it! :p

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The Titan-A is already in the hands of CPF'ers and I'm sure that as has often been the case with Surefire in the past, though the time projections have been off, they will deliver on the 300 lumen model as well.

If we were to expect it to follow within a few months then I would assume by sometime in June-July. While I'd like to have the lights I ordered, I have plenty already and will be fine until summer if that's what it takes to get them, although I may be cancelling my order with LA Police Gear over their questionable order taking procedures.

DimmerD

Enlightened
The Titan-A is already in the hands of CPF'ers and I'm sure that as has often been the case with Surefire in the past, though the time projections have been off, they will deliver on the 300 lumen model as well.

If we were to expect it to follow within a few months then I would assume by sometime in June-July. While I'd like to have the lights I ordered, I have plenty already and will be fine until summer if that's what it takes to get them, although I may be cancelling my order with LA Police Gear over their questionable order taking procedures.

Yea I thought about cancelling my order too, would have been nice to know I was pre ordering beforehand. But if I cancel now when they do come out I'll have to "get in line" again so I'll probably just wait it out, same as I did for the Titan T1a.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Look what showed up yesterday... :D

Quick first impressions: awesome build quality, battery compartment is a little tight (but works fine) with lithium cells, no rattling, LED not perfectly centered -- but not noticeable in use whatsoever thanks to reflector, tint is perfect creamy vanilla white. Home run for EDC use, IMHO.

17255173631_3ed4ac4e6e_o.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look what showed up yesterday... :D

Quick first impressions: awesome build quality, battery compartment is a little tight (but works fine) with lithium cells, no rattling, LED not perfectly centered -- but not noticeable in use whatsoever thanks to reflector, tint is perfect creamy vanilla white. Home run for EDC use, IMHO.

+1

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing where this one was purchased from?

bigfoot

Enlightened
Thanks! Sure thing... this one came from Amazon. They have briefly had them available over the last week, with a couple of re-stocks here and there. I've got a serial # of 24xx.