*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my SF E2L 3/60 with the TIR optics as it got dark tonight and what a difference between the pretty much spotlight of E2L and the flood of the Titan. Spotlight seems a more specialized type of light. I like the flood light way better these days. As far as general light goes I much prefer the flood. These on the fence get a Titan, the flood beam makes it a very useful light in close to medium distance.

Last edited:

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I got my Titan-A today ordered directly from Surefire after it had been on backorder. My copy has a slightly off center LED, but the beam is a nice and smooth flood. Slight blueish tint at the edges of the beam but a pure white center to my eyes. I can operate it one-handed with a little effort, much more easily with my right hand since I am right handed. An Energizer Advanced Lithium battery slides in and out as easily as the supplied rechargeable. This one is a keeper for me and worth the wait.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is now almost a week past the projected delivery date, so it should be showing up soon. If mine is like Alan's, I'll definitely be happy.

masterP

Newly Enlightened
wow....it seems like a gamble what you're gonna get from surefire these days. the lithium batteries not fitting would really bother me....especially when it's supposed to be able to take lithium batteries.

it's a gamble whether you get dual springs in the 6PX and Fury models too......some have them....and others don't

I emailed Surefire about it and they said they are using dual springs again because of problems. I hope they get the tight battery problem fixed on the Titan

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow....it seems like a gamble what you're gonna get from surefire these days. the lithium batteries not fitting would really bother me....especially when it's supposed to be able to take lithium batteries.

it's a gamble whether you get dual springs in the 6PX and Fury models too......some have them....and others don't

I emailed Surefire about it and they said they are using dual springs again because of problems. I hope they get the tight battery problem fixed on the Titan

The G2X / 6PX / Fury, issues have been addressed long ago. Not that they should of been there in the first place. In my direct experience, these 3 lights have been the most bombproof trouble free lights I have gotten from SF, no issues. The same can not be said for many of their other models including the Titan. They got a real winner here.....

With respect, why does it matter to you anyway? I saw you on Connan talking about how you got 300M in the bank.... Just buy Surefire. I really liked you in - Gone in 60 Seconds - as well, great movie. :wave:

Mine is now almost a week past the projected delivery date, so it should be showing up soon. If mine is like Alan's, I'll definitely be happy.

Very curious to see the "due to high demand" units coming out.... I have a feeling we might see some refinements here.

You order direct Grizz?

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I sure like the 6P Classic shape, fit and finish... I sure wish that Surefire, instead of the Titan AAA design, had released a perfectly relative shrunken 6P... they should have 2, one that fits AAA, one AA. And standardized on dropins for that size. But I can understand Surefire's thinking. The Classic 6P is still amazingly popular, even though it is no longer manufactured. It is overpriced and difficult to keep in stock because demand is so high. Thus, Surefire decided to stop making it, replaced with a design that is slightly less attractive, which allows resellers to keep them on the shelf.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today, won the lottery, excellent tint, beautiful beam, all battery types fit no problem, no rattle or noise, one handed operation as easy as can be. Time to order the Titan Plus...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today, won the lottery, excellent tint, beautiful beam, all battery types fit no problem, no rattle or noise, one handed operation as easy as can be. Time to order the Titan Plus...
Great news! Where did you get yours from? What is the serial number like?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news! Where did you get yours from? What is the serial number like?

Serial Number 3148, I bought it off a vendor from "that bay of evil bidding sight", A vendor I had never dealt with before, but was recommend by a friend, I paid 62.50 including shipping, from Georgia. I see now they have raised the price to $65...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serial Number 3148, I bought it off a vendor from "that bay of evil bidding sight", A vendor I had never dealt with before, but was recommend by a friend, I paid 62.50 including shipping, from Georgia. I see now they have raised the price to $65...
I am not sure if your search on the bay is producing the same result as mine (I am outside the US) but I am seeing a couple of dealers going at $70+ and one of the dealer at $99.95! That's just plain ridiculous for an aluminum AAA light!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Crazyeddiethefirst,

Even though you claimed yours was pretty white, I am not sure if the entire batch from the same dealer would be. With Surefire it's always a hit or miss kind of deal. I once purchased three pieces P2X Fury, one for myself and the other two for friends. I half suspected that there will be some variances in the tints and thus made sure that I opened mine together with them. As luck would have it, mine is pure white whereas my friends all had greenish tints. As least they can't accuse me of selecting the best tint for myself. I was real lucky with the lottery and I have doubts I would get another Fury with as white a tint as this current one.

society51

Newly Enlightened

have you tried energizer lithium?

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Crazyeddiethefirst,

Even though you claimed yours was pretty white, I am not sure if the entire batch from the same dealer would be. With Surefire it's always a hit or miss kind of deal. I once purchased three pieces P2X Fury, one for myself and the other two for friends. I half suspected that there will be some variances in the tints and thus made sure that I opened mine together with them. As luck would have it, mine is pure white whereas my friends all had greenish tints. As least they can't accuse me of selecting the best tint for myself. I was real lucky with the lottery and I have doubts I would get another Fury with as white a tint as this current one.

For such an expensive light that is kinda scary for flashaholics...:eek:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
For such an expensive light that is kinda scary for flashaholics...:eek:
Yup you got that right. Flashaholics! Only we crazy people on this forum would really bother about tint variations. Most people don't even care if the tint is slightly greenish or bluish. As far as Surefire is concerned, they sell illumination tools. As long as light appears on the business end and the users see what they need to see, case close. No arguments about that. That's why I am kind of wary about getting anymore Surefire unless I could inspect it personally before deciding.

With the Titan A however, I may just let it slip since its primary job is to get me from my main door to the bedroom. That's what I use my Keychain lights for so it is not crucial to have the best tint available, but would definitely be nice if it has.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup you got that right. Flashaholics! Only we crazy people on this forum would really bother about tint variations. Most people don't even care if the tint is slightly greenish or bluish. As far as Surefire is concerned, they sell illumination tools. As long as light appears on the business end and the users see what they need to see, case close. No arguments about that. That's why I am kind of wary about getting anymore Surefire unless I could inspect it personally before deciding.

With the Titan A however, I may just let it slip since its primary job is to get me from my main door to the bedroom. That's what I use my Keychain lights for so it is not crucial to have the best tint available, but would definitely be nice if it has.

:D :thumbup:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though you claimed yours was pretty white, I am not sure if the entire batch from the same dealer would be. With Surefire it's always a hit or miss kind of deal.

Yep, hit or miss...

Just got a 33XX serial Titan-A from LAPG. The clear blister pack has been slit, looks like the light was a return or someone took it out to take a look at the store. The emitter is visibly off center and greenish. I'm disappointed in the opened packaging, I had planned on giving the light as a small gift to a family member.

Oh well, what do you expect for only $60, right? The vendor correctly assumes that it is not worth my time doing a return or even making a phone call to complain. Not a big deal in the great scheme of life but mildly annoying to a flashaholic, right? :shakehead

I'll try to check the fitment of some batteries in the latest specimen and report back. Also, I'll see if I can figure out if the LED is out of position or if possibly the reflector is seated at an angle. But for now, the light is in the drawer while I ponder whether to give the light 'as is' in the obviously opened packaging, bare, or order a replacement, perhaps from another seller.