*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

nbp

Flashaholic
I agree that it is crazy how much attention breast cancer gets versus all the other cancers, many of which are more lethal. We need a cancer that gets zombie green as a color so everyone offers that on lights!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE the look of that light and think it's an awesome addition. I see many companies traditionally aimed at men coming out with more feminine colors and think thats awesome. I absolutely abhor Cancer ( on a personal level ) and think women's health awareness is awesome. Like many of red blooded CPF members... Im also am a huge fan of mammaries. :party:
I'd be happy to rock a pink light, I got no hangups, I like lights, chicks like pink = win win. In contrast I don't trust that ribbon for 1 second. Streamlight & Spyderco ( companies Im very fond of ) and any other company or product included in this nonsense looses credibility points with me. I'd encourage folks to research and directly contribute to organizations that matter and reframe from making feel good impulse buys.

I have never bought anything that has a ribbon on it, and never will.

scout24

Flashaholic
In the interest of bringing things back on track, I walked my dog last night with my Titan A, and used it this morning to get to my tree stand. Adequate reach for dog walking, could use a bit more oomph but that beam is so nice... Slip a red chapstick cap over the business end in the morning and it was good to go for walking out and getting set up on stand. For an AAA light with guilt free lumens, it's fantastic. Numbers only dreamed about a few years ago!

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
(ie, it can't really cost any more for the pink color over the black).

......... unless, of course, the pink lights do cost more to produce.

Of course it costs more money to make pink (or any other color). It is not a color they even regularly use, so they either have to source the color, or if they do it out of house, they have to take time to coordinate a short run of the color from their anodizer.

Even if they were selling bare aluminum lights, it would cost money to stop production to do the changeover to bare over coated. It also costs money to program and change over the laser etching machine. Any sort of change you do with a production line costs money.

Pink isn't a "woman color," as much as blue isn't a "man color". If you like the color and/or support the cause, then buy the light. Saying you do not like the cause because you think it is unfair just because you are a man is crazy. Breast cancer not only effects the patients, it also effect everyone around them.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Back completely off topic, my Grandfather had a male co-worker who died from breast cancer after a long career in an industrial lab setting at the infancy of the computer age. It affects men as well as women, and as so correctly pointed out, everyone around them. As does all cancer. Agree to agree it's a horrible disease in all forms, is terrible to deal with, and deserves all the research dollars that can be put towards it. No matter the type. Hopefully breast cancer research will lead to expanded understanding of all types of cancer.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They do. That's my point.

Lung cancer=white
Colon cancer=dark blue

Google cancer awareness colors...

:twothumbs

I wasn't aware of those colors. :D

My white handle Spyderco Endura4 sprint run has nothing to do with lung cancer.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, got an email from Fountain Valley saying these are 2-3 weeks out from being available. So, no pics of the packagimg for a while... :)

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Well, got an email from Fountain Valley saying these are 2-3 weeks out from being available. So, no pics of the packagimg for a while... :)

Same here. I ordered 5 of them and got an email saying its back ordered 2-3 weeks. I figure I can keep one to collect, perhaps give one away as a gift and sell 3 when the demand goes up after its discontinued.

So 2-3 "Surefire weeks" usually means many months. Lol... I'm mentally preparing for 2-3 months.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Just as I typed my last post I got an email from SF now saying 1-2 weeks out. Maybe good news? Here is what I got:

Private commutation removed. Please see CPF Rule 12........Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

nbp

Flashaholic
Might be faster than you think. I got a "backordered" email about two days after I ordered the pink pen. Then about 18 hours after that I got a shipping notification! So it seems like they are restocking those items.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Private commutation removed. Please see CPF Rule 12........Bill

Oops.... Just read CPF Rule 12. Sorry.

Might be faster than you think. I got a "backordered" email about two days after I ordered the pink pen. Then about 18 hours after that I got a shipping notification! So it seems like they are restocking those items.

I hope so. I got a 3rd email stating that the item ordered is backordered and will be shipped as soon as they are in stock. Strange.... It's like they are over communicating. Better than hearing nothing from them though.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I've been having a weird problem with my Titan-AAA recently.

It doesn't want to got into low mode, its consistently stuck on high whenever you turn it on.

I have isolated the problem, and it isnt the Circuitry. Using leads, I applied a regular Nimh to the contacts in the head, and the thing switches perfectly fine. I have also tried multiple types of batteries. I have ALSO cleaned and relubed the threads, which did not help.

There is something wrong with the contact between the bottom half and the top, which is making the light consistently Turn on to high.

I know someone else had this problem and they sent their's back to surefire. I have contacted surefire about this twice but have yet to get a response from them, perhaps there is a quick fix that I'm just not aware of?

thanks!

Crenshaw

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
................There is something wrong with the contact between the bottom half and the top, which is making the light consistently Turn on to high.................................... I have contacted surefire about this twice but have yet to get a response from them, perhaps there is a quick fix that I'm just not aware of?............

The fact that it is consistently turning on and off would tell me there isn't much wrong with the CONTACT. I would suspect the lack of level change to be within the software, as that is what's programmed to control the levels.

I'm not sure how you have contacted SF, but a phone call to the Service Department will usually result in a response BEFORE they hang up.

I hope this helps and good luck with it.

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I've been having a weird problem with my Titan-AAA recently.

It doesn't want to got into low mode, its consistently stuck on high whenever you turn it on.

I have isolated the problem, and it isnt the Circuitry. Using leads, I applied a regular Nimh to the contacts in the head, and the thing switches perfectly fine. I have also tried multiple types of batteries. I have ALSO cleaned and relubed the threads, which did not help.

There is something wrong with the contact between the bottom half and the top, which is making the light consistently Turn on to high.

I know someone else had this problem and they sent their's back to surefire. I have contacted surefire about this twice but have yet to get a response from them, perhaps there is a quick fix that I'm just not aware of?

thanks!

Crenshaw

I feel your pain. :thumbsup:

I posted this a few weeks ago:

Well, an update on my two Titan-A's. Now the earlier purchased light with the battery tube insert will almost never go to low mode, just like the other one. I haven't used these lights much, kept one on the nightstand and another in a jacket pocket. I've detailed my earlier problems with the second light ad nauseum on this thread.

These lights continue to work fine on high, they just don't seem to want to go to low mode unless you really fiddle with them and get lucky.

At least now they both work the same I suppose...:shakehead

Hopefully the later production units are working better.

Not bashing SF, just reporting my user experience with a sample size of only two.

I called SF, the customer service agent seemed puzzled as to why it took me so long to call. This seems to be a very common problem with the early Titan-A's.

Anyway, I returned the lights to SureFire and about five weeks later they sent me replacements. One has the battery tube insert discussed earlier in this thread, the other does not. Both emitters are off center, one egregiously. The seal around the lens in the front appears perfect on both lights.

They seem to work OK for now, glad I didn't give them as gifts as originally planned.

Do you have to return your SF light through Sheares? Or can you send it directly to SureFire like I did?

And remember, SF has great customer service :thumbsup:. Lately they sure seem to need it...

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw your post vox, thats why I decided to ask if anyone here knew what was happening! I have been using the "international customers" email. I shall try and call them then, thanks for that tip! hopefully this works out in the end.

I do like this light for the sheer amount of output it has off an AAA battery, but thats also the reason why I need the low mode!

Crenshaw