*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Got the pink Titan's in today.... LED is perfectly centered on one and the other one is slightly off center (pictured). white o-rings are centered but showing more than my Titan Plus ones.

DB6AAAC6-C802-42D3-98BB-C3D6483B3F8C.jpg

BEF336A1-1529-4BD6-A093-19E6A1808EE9.jpg

C8CCB10B-44D6-4764-826A-49689D23E970.jpg

29C81337-3625-4F20-97E9-FA8835941314.jpg

57415A3E-4F38-42E4-950D-6D90FDF3CD5A.jpg

3DF870FD-52F2-44D8-AE3E-EE56E7728896.jpg

Last edited:

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
It's more like a dark pink or fuschia color. I would have preferred a soft pink or Tiffany blue to make it more feminine for gifting but hey it's collectible so I'm ok with it.. Comes with the 750 mAH SF branded battery instead of the Eneloop Pro that comes with the Titan Plus. Beam isn't perfectly round like other SF lights but not too bad. Has the typical greenish tint that SF is famous for but again, not too bad and doesn't bother me (just used to it with SF lights?)

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone take a picture of the Titan-A or Titan Plus next to a FourSevens Mini123 (or ML/MLX) for a size comparison? I'm debating ditching my Mini123 for a Titan variant.

scout24

Flashaholic
Cland72- Titan A next to my Olight S1 which for all intents and purposes is the same size as the Mini 123. Hope that helps! :)

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at Scout24 being Johnny on the spot! Many thanks.

After my experience in this thread, I'm seriously contemplating the Titan-A.

Can anyone speak to how low the voltage of an Eneloop or lithium primary will get before this light cuts off? Any real world runtime tests on low? Forgive me if it's already been covered - I haven't been following this thread until just now.

edited: disregard, the search feature proved helpful.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...itan-AAA-Black-15-125-Lumen-Warning-Pic-Heavy

run4jc says the Titan stayed completely in regulation for EXACTLY (I kid you not) for 8 hours and 30 minutes - then at 8 hours 31 minutes it dropped to around 9 lumen - dropped out of regulation. I can't make this up. Rated for 8 hours 30 minutes at 15 lumen and my sample ran 8 hours 30 minutes at 13.3 OTF. I am duly impressed

9 hours - 1 lumen

I called it at 9 hours 31 minutes - the Titan was still producing 0.4 lumen (useable as many forum members agree) and had .98V left in the battery. I decided not to push the battery. Maybe would have run an alkaline until it died, but this is fine for this supplied rechargeable.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super helful, respect
I believe the weights are
36 grams for the Olight giving .05-8-80-500 lumens, and
20 grams for the Titan giving 15-125 lumens, both weights with Lithium Primary batteries

The Olight is 80% heavier and and has twice as many modes. But if you already carry other lights that cover moonlight and spot, the Titan seems like a great lightweight backup with a really nice flood beam

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought my Surefire Titan-A on my business trip in the US (Santa Clara, CA) - unfortunately I did not test until returning back to Europe. The mode switching is very unreliable - to the point where I would say it's broken. 90% of the time the high level comes first when I twist it and it's very difficult to switch to the low level :(. The serial number is A10156. It's really disappointing - especially after using quality Surefire flashlights before (A2, M6, U2, Saint). It's going to be difficult to return it (bought at Fry's store), I think I will just gift it to someone. I really wanted to like this flashlight. Other than the mode switching, the finish and the beam are very good.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mode switching is very unreliable
Sorry to hear that. I have a theory you could help me test. I have a brand new Maratac that has some mode switching inconsistency. It seems to be related to how I turn it on and how much resistance there is from the O ring. Using 2 hands I tend to push the body towards the head. This causes switching, separate from the twisting action.

For me the solution is to remove the O ring completely. I now have much higher reliability of mode sequencing, and I can feel when the switch activates. Im enjoying how easily I can now operate the light with one hand. I may put the O ring back later, and let it stretch out like on my other Maratac that is super smooth with the old and stretched out O ring.

I suggest you remove the O ring, and see if your mode switching becomes more reliable. Ive never handled a Titan, so forgive if my info does not apply.

prime77

Enlightened
I got a Titan this Christmas from my wife and have played with it a lot. I've had no problems with switching levels. The light works flawlessly. I love the floody beam and I got a nice warm tint. The beam reminds me very much of the first generation L4.

DimmerD

Enlightened
Hi everyone, I've been having a weird problem with my Titan-AAA recently.

It doesn't want to got into low mode, its consistently stuck on high whenever you turn it on.

I have isolated the problem, and it isnt the Circuitry. Using leads, I applied a regular Nimh to the contacts in the head, and the thing switches perfectly fine. I have also tried multiple types of batteries. I have ALSO cleaned and relubed the threads, which did not help.

There is something wrong with the contact between the bottom half and the top, which is making the light consistently Turn on to high.

I know someone else had this problem and they sent their's back to surefire. I have contacted surefire about this twice but have yet to get a response from them, perhaps there is a quick fix that I'm just not aware of?

thanks!

Crenshaw

It happened to mine, while changing the battery I dropped the head. As soon as you tried to screw the head back on it came on in high. I just kept screwing the head on until it bottomed out, then it started working properly again.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mode switching is very unreliable - to the point where I would say it's broken. 90% of the time the high level comes first when I twist it and it's very difficult to switch to the low level :(. The serial number is A10156... I really wanted to like this flashlight. Other than the mode switching, the finish and the beam are very good.

It's a great light, just not very reliable in mode switching on some units. :thumbsdow

I was really hoping that this problem was already fixed in the low serial numbered production. Thanks for sharing your report.

I got a Titan this Christmas from my wife and have played with it a lot. I've had no problems with switching levels. The light works flawlessly. I love the floody beam and I got a nice warm tint. The beam reminds me very much of the first generation L4.

I remembered that I had an old SureFire L4 buried somewhere in one of the drawers on the nightstand. After reading your post I pulled it out and yes, the tiny Titan-A has a very similar floody beam. Also, the runtime performance and output of the SF L4 on two CR123A's is comparable to that of the Titan-A on high mode on the NiMH AAA cell.

These lights have different form factors, prices and target markets of course. I wax nostalgic for the classic SF CNC knurling as I hold the L4 in my hand for the first time in a couple of years...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish they sold a single mode version. Regulated 100 lumens with a blink warning when battery getting low.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
I found this:

I don't get your statement. You found the light... As in walking the parking lot and found it on the ground? Or opened a drawer in your kitchen and found it there? Or found it on the SF Website?

That's the SF Titan Pink they had since the Breast Cancer Awareness month back a few months back.