New thrower from Manker!

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Does anyone know any details about the new thrower due out from Manker any day now? I know that they are working on an update to the U21, but all I know about the MK35 ​is that it will be a multi-cell thrower?

easilyled

Flashaholic
1x XHP35HI
4x 18650
head diameter around 90mm

Looks like they're trying to outdo the AceBeam K70 which overdrives an XHP35-HI in a big reflector but not as big as 90mm.

Therefore if the XHP35-HI is overdriven equally, this light should throw even further. That would make for an enormous amount of throw.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it will fall inbetween the Acebeam K70 and Thrunite TN42?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a slow race across the board to see who will build the next ridiculously big headed light and still get people to buy it.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a tightly focused beam and maximum throw, a big head is par for the course:shrug:.
Point is it's just another big light with a big head. Nothing new. No breakthrough. No game-changer. Bigger head for more throw. We already know that. What else is new? It's the next big thing, literally, except metaphorically, it's not.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point is it's just another big light with a big head. Nothing new. No breakthrough. No game-changer. Bigger head for more throw. We already know that. What else is new? It's the next big thing, literally, except metaphorically, it's not.

The emitter. The XHP35 HI is the latest tech and although not a huge step forward its still a step.

Until a major new break though is made in battery or LED tech, I doubt any "big steps" are going to happen. But, the consumerism machine must march on:shakehead. That's why it's good to have other hobbies. If you forget about lights for a while, when you come back to it, there will be "bigger" new things. I once went 8 years without buying a light. Man was that a change:eek:. I went from a 60 lumen Luxeon III to a 1000 lumen Cree XM-2. Give it a try:thumbsup:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The emitter. The XHP35 HI is the latest tech and although not a huge step forward its still a step.

Until a major new break though is made in battery or LED tech, I doubt any "big steps" are going to happen. But, the consumerism machine must march on:shakehead. That's why it's good to have other hobbies. If you forget about lights for a while, when you come back to it, there will be "bigger" new things. I once went 8 years without buying a light. Man was that a change:eek:. I went from a 60 lumen Luxeon III to a 1000 lumen Cree XM-2. Give it a try:thumbsup:

These big lights are certainly niche lights. I do wonder what would apply more pressure to effect innovation in this specific class and in LED flashlight design in general: people keep gobbling up whatever is being offer, or people stepping back with folded arms and saying, "Uh uh, I'm not buying another one until you come up with something much better."

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

XHP35 at 2,600 lumens is 1,100 lumens more that a maximum of 1,500 from the previous XP-L. Also additional throw, even if it is a direct result of the additional lumens.....That seems like a huge step to me, imo.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely jaded. My usual response to new offering these days is *scoff*, "So?" rather than "Whoa!"
That ET driver performance with the XHP 35 HI, though, that impresses me, albeit only relative to what its competitors, perhaps with the exception of ZL, are unable to do.

easilyled

Flashaholic
XHP35 at 2,600 lumens is 1,100 lumens more that a maximum of 1,500 from the previous XP-L. Also additional throw, even if it is a direct result of the additional lumens.....That seems like a huge step to me, imo.

Its more like hugely overdriven. The XHP35 driven to its proper maximum output (~ 3A) would outpu no higher than 1500 lumens.

YahFargo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know any details about the new thrower due out from Manker any day now? I know that they are working on an update to the U21, but all I know about the MK35 ​is that it will be a multi-cell thrower?

This is off topic but could someone summarize the u21 update or link me to information? I Googled and couldn't find anything.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those interested, here's my in-depth vid review:

I'm wrapping up the written one and will post to reviews section when done.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
For those interested, here's my in-depth vid review:

I'm wrapping up the written one and will post to reviews section when done.

Cheers,
Tim

very nice work sir, thanks for that.
manker is really putting out some good stuff these days:twothumbs