• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry, it is spec'd at much much more than 12,000 lumens.

Do you have a ballpark price for it yet; under $200, $500, $800? I'm going to stop there. It would start getting painful after that for a light.

factor8

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if there's an update on when the light will available to purchase???

Olightworld

Enlightened
No pricepoint yet but we are making these in extremely limited quantities. Shouldn't be more than 4-500
Do you have a ballpark price for it yet; under $200, $500, $800? I'm going to stop there. It would start getting painful after that for a light.

mniezen

Newly Enlightened
As a brand new Olight fan who has acquired three new Olights in the past three months my anticipation is in full swing with the information in this thread!!!
I want one.

Elchino

Newly Enlightened
Once it is unveiled at SHOT could you post some specs for us and pics of course? Any changes from the prototype shown at 2016 SHOT?

frigate

Newly Enlightened
No pricepoint yet but we are making these in extremely limited quantities. Shouldn't be more than 4-500

I wonder why only in extremely limited quantities. It seems there is a lot of interest in a light with 12,000+ lumens. Sadly, limited quantities means higher price. I'm still getting one though, unless it steps down in 60 seconds to 1000 lumens or something similar.

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Any update on a release date? I know, someone just asked a few days ago!

We should be getting some more information on the X9 today since SHOT Show is supposed to start today. Their rep said Olight would bring the working model to the show this time, unlike last year where they brought a crude prototype.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pic!

Emphasis added. 25000 lumens, as indicated in the caption of the photo that texas cop posted? 6 or 7 x XHP70?

25,000 lumens? Sounds like click-bait. Was there a demonstration? How do we know if this isn't another non-working prototype? What about release date, runtimes, price, etc?

star_c_star

Enlightened
Here is a Shot Show link for Olight:

https://n2a.goexposoftware.com/events/ss17/goExpo/exhibitor/viewExhibitorProfile.php?__id=110

The verbiage about the Olight X9 pulled from that link is:

"At Olight, we believe in giving you the best performance in the illumination industry. Meet the all new X9 Marauder complete with 20,000 lumens and a dual fan system to keep the scorching light cool for optimal use. What will you do with the power of the sun? Price: $400.00"

So, 20,000 lumens, NOT 25,000. Still quite impressive. The price is actually almost reasonable.

Last edited:

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
That is way beyond what I was expecting, I'm curious how the fan cooling will work if it's raining or if you dip it in water. If it stays at $400 that is a steal! (5 years ago I thought $50 was high end for a flashlight) [emoji23]

frigate

Newly Enlightened
That is way beyond what I was expecting, I'm curious how the fan cooling will work if it's raining or if you dip it in water. If it stays at $400 that is a steal! (5 years ago I thought $50 was high end for a flashlight) [emoji23]

20,000 lumens is still impressive, provided it doesn't step down to something ridiculous like 1,500 lumens after a minute of turbo mode. That's a big light to be lugging around on search and rescue for 1,500 lumens.

That pic on the SHOT Show site looks a lot like an SR96. More pics of the actual product would be nice.

Considering the other light options on the market, $400 is a very good deal for the X9's supposed spec'd performance.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
e2b336f4111ce32ee82462ee07aeb9ff.jpg

frigate

Newly Enlightened
That's the X9? That's a beast of a light. Sure hope it has a shoulder strap attachment. More pics please.