• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

Nichia!

Banned
bf177476aba9d9da07899259d12623b8.jpg

frigate

Newly Enlightened
You guys at the SHOT Show taking these pics, did you get a chance to ask the representatives about this light's specifications and performance?

ven

Flashaholic
Liking that x9 a lot...................big and solid=confidence for me.

Has it been powered up, any to add on the fans kicking in etc, sound/feel etc. Is it for higher modes, temp operated or comes on all the time on turbo( as will get toasty quick). I will presume this will be similar to the rc40vnF version, maybe even floodier(if such a word)

Thanks for sharing pics/info, very cool:thumbsup:

RCLumens

Enlightened
Haven't been this excited in a while - just hoping that I'm not getting my hopes up too much...The head definitely looks deeper than the SR96 prob for the fans and perhaps deeper reflectors. I sure hope that the Lux on this is greater than 75K-100K - also the drilled out head which I beleive they did for weight reduction looks a bit different - My SR95 SUT has more space between the outer shell - this looks like it has a larger inner-casing - perhaps even more water resistant than the IPX6?

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or does it seem like olight is dodging the questions on when the X7R or the X9 will come out or price or preorder? Even on the Facebook from the shot show, there showing these but won't answer questions. I'm thinking it's because they don't have any answers to give. Strange, I love olight and love there new lights but why no answers???

kj2

Flashaholic
Both those models will come. Just give some time for manufacturing. Specially the X9 will be a B#@&! to put together.

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me or does it seem like olight is dodging the questions on when the X7R or the X9 will come out or price or preorder? Even on the Facebook from the shot show, there showing these but won't answer questions. I'm thinking it's because they don't have any answers to give. Strange, I love olight and love there new lights but why no answers???

I share your concern. I haven't seen a single pic of someone actually turning ON that X9. I'm wondering if this is yet another non-working prototype, like last year's SHOT Show. If there is a picture of that light turned on, my apologies. I haven't seen it.

Will they modify the light for better throw before its release? If not, will someone be able to mod it to throw better than 370m? I realize you can't have the best of everything but for a 25k lumen light, probably many would have hoped it had more throw than that.

ven

Flashaholic
I think you would struggle getting more throw with xhp 70's, shaved dome is the only way really and then you will be closer to 20k (not that it would be that noticeable).

Seen one switched on in going gears video

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the video link, ven. I had seen the initial video by a different videographer, which didn't even bother to turn the light on. At least I know it's a working model now.

Rep says available for purchase in the next few months. Ambiguous and possibly optimistic.

Last edited:

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that was a good idea. It'll save them and us money for future warranty and maintenance. If the light stays around $400 like their exhibition description, this will be a hard deal to pass on.

kj2

Flashaholic
I wonder how the fan makes connection inside the light. Since the fan is removable, it isn't a fixed cable connection. Wonder if it's also possible to install an other (brand) fan.
Those small 4cm fans can make quite some noise.

maukka

Enlightened
Since they have all that fancy magnetic charging tech, I would guess the fan contacts are also magnetic.