• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
I didn't understand a word being said but wow, that's one massive hunk of hardware...

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
I hope I'm wrong, but look at the title to the video... 37,000 lumens X7R and X9... add up the 25k lumens on the Marauder to the 12k on the X7 and you come up with... 37,000 lumens.
Is it possible they just added the two lumen specs and put that for the title?

Olight... what say you? :)

TomZ

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I hope I'm wrong, but look at the title to the video... 37,000 lumens X7R and X9... add up the 25k lumens on the Marauder to the 12k on the X7 and you come up with... 37,000 lumens.
Is it possible they just added the two lumen specs and put that for the title?

Olight... what say you? :)

TomZ

You are right! :) Offcoarse the X9 cant deliver 37000 lumens by it self. Its combining both flashlights lumens and get the outcome of 37000 lumens.

And i agree that the marketing for this light has taking far to long time. 1,5 year now and still not released! Competition is coming closer and surpasses. Imalent DX80 is supposed to have 32000 lumens.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Olight must be feeling the pressure, they may not be the first to come out with that massive torch!! Could cost them sales.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Just received my X7R and all can say that sums it up is, WOW, absolutely love it, thanks Olight outstanding job!!!

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Big, domed emitters and really shallow reflectors equal a blinding wall of light and no real throw at all. Even what is illuminated in the distance will be harder to see because of the intense bounce back of light from closer objects and the ground. There's a point of diminishing returns with flooders like this. I think Olight should have gone for a more focused beam. I like my Imalent DT70 a lot, but I think the 9000 extra lumens of the X9 is being wasted on nothing but increased heat and wow factor.

Last edited:

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
They said the end of the year, it will probably be in the spring time knowing Olight.

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
If nothing else, this delay highlights just how difficult it is to get that level of output from a hand held flashlight reliably and safely.
I have to believe that Olight is going to make sure this thing is dependable and long lasting... doing so must have been a lot harder than they thought originally.

I'm probably not going to buy one at this point, but I still can't wait to see what some of you guys do with it!

TomZ

funky technician

Newly Enlightened
Anything new yet? I hope it will be like their other releases where they say its gonna be "x" number of lumens, and when it comes out, its usually more, so maybe we can expect like 32 000 or something when it finally comes out ( wishfull thinking )

frigate

Newly Enlightened
I can't say I'm at all surprised. They were saying the X9 would be coming out in a few months, almost 2 years ago.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey guys, I unfortunately don't have any update on the X9... the folks back at headquarters are playing this one close to the vest. As we get info from them that we can share I will get out to you guys on here!

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I have considering the X7R. Is the 9 going to be around the same size as the X7 or X7R?

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for posting that video. Looks like they have it dialed in finally. I wonder for something so powerful if a two button up/down level switch wouldn't be a better way of getting to the setting you want without cycling through lots of in between settings.... or at least cycle up to full turbo, then start going down like the Manker lights do.

Nit picking, though, it looks pretty cool.

Nice to see they didn't just ditch the idea, I was beginning to wonder. I think Ford only needed about 18 months to get the Mustang up and running, this thing is really taking awhile! :)

TomZ

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Its not even out yet its already beaten by the upcoming acebeam x70 with 40,000 lumens and active cooling....
they should just have released it last year when they showed the prototype with built in fan that u could replace, not sure why they taking so long to get this one out and its on paper already beaten bigtime...

Last edited: