• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Its not even out yet its already beaten by the upcoming acebeam x70 with 40,000 lumens and active cooling....
they should just have released it last year when they showed the prototype with built in fan that u could replace, not sure why they taking so long to get this one out and its on paper already beaten bigtime...
I'm going to pass, Olight can't get this light finished, they won't even talk about it. Very little is said because they can't get it right. All they do is tell people it's coming out in November, that was last year, this year it's march, now last I heard they said a month or two, Lol , just be honest you guys couldn't get it done. The DX80 looks amazing, no more waiting, good luck guys, but this light has already been beat and I believe there not close to releasing it.

celler

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to pass, Olight can't get this light finished, they won't even talk about it. Very little is said because they can't get it right. All they do is tell people it's coming out in November, that was last year, this year it's march, now last I heard they said a month or two, Lol , just be honest you guys couldn't get it done. The DX80 looks amazing, no more waiting, good luck guys, but this light has already been beat and I believe there not close to releasing it.
I lost interest when they hearlded the replaceable cooling fan and then dropped it as unfeasible. Longest development time ever.

On the bright side, I'd like to state that the Olight SR90 was one of the greatest LED flashlights ever made. I'm all for a new design in which the multiple shallow reflectors is replaced with one huge reflector and use a Luminus CFT-90 LED for a massive thick very far-reaching beam. A successor to the SR90 would be of great interest.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I lost interest when they hearlded the replaceable cooling fan and then dropped it as unfeasible. Longest development time ever.

well to be honest im not sure really how much difference such small fan would make when the light will push around 25 000 lumens.... last i saw on a video they claimd 5m on highest.. thats pretty neat if true i think since its so big head with lots of heatsinking they decided the fan doesnt really change much... will be fun to see the light once they get it out, wonder whats taking them so long when competitors push out even higher lumens lol...

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
In light of the fact that several other manufacturers have leapfrogged the output of the X9 since it's initial announcement many months ago.... what are the chances that they 'up' the output a bit from their initial 25k lumens that they stated from the get-go?

Didn't they kind of do that with the X7R more or less?

Just thinking out loud really, but I wouldn't be surprised if the actual output was closer to 28k, it might appease the masses who've waited a LONG time for this thing. :)

TomZ

kj2

Flashaholic
Selected lights in Germany has it in their webstore now. Not available yet and price is €399* (price not final yet) .

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I found some info posted by the german Olight in the taschenlampe forum, since i dont know squat about german i used google translate for some info..

I found the spec sheet of the light also.. so it doesnt look like they will bump up the lumens so means it should be out within a month or two who knows..Im not sure about why the changed the fan in the final version? Acebeams x70 will have 3 fans and will be waterproof as posted on that german show at youtube... shame olight didnt managed this somehow and waterproof IPX 7 atleast?
zup233iq.png

n7uwu3dx.jpg

4qog3l57.jpg

"Yes, I know that. However, we do not say anything because we are still waiting for the final versions in physical form to be in our warehouse here in Germany, and of course for the resellers.
It should not be too long, though. And I will also spoil a few "changes" this week, which will have the final version in contrast to the previous models. There are a few small / cool deviations."

"The head has already changed slightly within the prototypes, since it has managed to come from an active to a passive cooling. Considering that you still want to achieve / achieve IPX standards, this is tricky. The lamp will have final IPX7.
In fact, the ring has been added once again and is designed to prevent the trail from falling. There was indeed the development of the partially rubberized handle. The first prototype, which was passed around here in the forum, had no rubber coating, the Proto at the beginning of the year had it already.

I will spoil a few more dates here in the next few days. Aaaaaaber: it should not take too long
clear.png

Stay tuned, as we Spaniards say"
thumbsup_vb9orj9.png

Last edited:

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
The output is so short (3 minutes) then its 6400 lumens, why even bother, it's like hav
ing a 6400 lumen light, I have that. 3 minutes is short and the drop down is to far. ,I could see if it dropped down to say 12000 lumens but 6400 ? Not good

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
The output is so short (3 minutes) then its 6400 lumens, why even bother, it's like hav
ing a 6400 lumen light, I have that. 3 minutes is short and the drop down is to far. ,I could see if it dropped down to say 12000 lumens but 6400 ? Not good

I see what you mean. That's a BIG drop! .....it's nearly only 1/4 of it's max output.

I guess for long term use you'd have to be willing to live with a 'Measley' 12,800 lumens, then you can get 10 minutes out of it before it drops down to 6,400 lumens.
That's a pretty dang big light to be carrying around for 12.8k lumens, though! :)

Just looked for curiosity, and the X7R Marauder drops from 12k to 3k lumens after 3 minutes.... also about 1/4 of it's turbo output. The 'regular' X7 also drops from 9k to 1.8k after 2.5 minutes... which is a bit less than 1/4 of it's max turbo output.

I wonder if they had left the fan in, if they would have gotten a longer 25k lumen output out of it? I admit I really don't know enough about the thermal management on these lights to know why the big drop.

Just thinking out loud here, but the way I look at lights from Olight is like I look at the horsepower/engine setups on most car manufactures these days... They set the 4 cyl. engines up for say 185 hp, then the aftermarket comes up with ways of bumping up the power to like 220 hp or something with a different software tune... but the car manufacturer is playing things 'safe' by keeping the power levels down to 'safer' levels to increase longevity and dependability for the engine and other components.

Makes me wonder a bit about the other higher output light makers and how long their 'monsters' will last down the road with increased heat and discharge levels. Just spitballing here... I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I really believe Olight to be determined to have every light last a long time.

I guess it really won't be too long now before some lucky CPF member gets their hands on one to run it through it's paces!

Thanks guys for posting what you know about this light, it's interesting to keep up on what's going on with it's development and manufacture.

TomZ

kj2

Flashaholic
Wondering what the length and diameter will be. Thinking about picking up a Pelican case for this light.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Funny i was looking at the Imalent DX80 which is rated 32k lumens, it also drops from the highest output to 7000lumens after 3 min, high also drops to 7000 lumens, not sure why the 2 highest outputs drops to the exact same output as Olight if that spec sheet is final? weird.. but it shows that without active cooling u cant even get 5min of that much output even tho both lights looks pretty beafy and big heatsinks inside to throttle that much heat u still only get a few min of highest output.

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure in one of the videos I heard the Olight demo guy say that it would come with a Pelican-type case. That may have changed, though.

TomZ

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure in one of the videos I heard the Olight demo guy say that it would come with a Pelican-type case. That may have changed, though.

TomZ

Knowing olight this will most likely be true, i doubt they will ship such a big and expensive light in a brown box like imalent does.

kj2

Flashaholic
Knowing olight this will most likely be true, i doubt they will ship such a big and expensive light in a brown box like imalent does.
The big SR lights came in a Olight box but that's just a carrying case. Not something like a Pelican.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
It's totally amazing that Olight can't give the customers a straight answer about the X9, we're into April and still no talk of it. What's really going on with the torch ? I believe the answer is , they have something to hide, or we would have answers. This has been going on for 2 years. Come on, they are on here all the time to see what people are saying but there pretty silent on the X9.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
It's totally amazing that Olight can't give the customers a straight answer about the X9, we're into April and still no talk of it. What's really going on with the torch ? I believe the answer is , they have something to hide, or we would have answers. This has been going on for 2 years. Come on, they are on here all the time to see what people are saying but there pretty silent on the X9.

not sure.. it can mean it will either be out very soon or its still months away if not more from release from some reason but i dont think so tho, i think they perhaps wait until the lights are shipped around the world to all dealers etc and then out of nowhere they will drop the big news and make the light official because its now or never since the competitors arent exactly on their lazy side with lights already surpassing the x9.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey guys,
Here's the best update I can give you. I don't have a final launch date. Production was delayed a bit but to my understanding we are maybe a month or so out from an official release. Hang in there we will have them ready to go shortly.