New Zebralight 4 AA Q50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebraLight

Enlightened
To the folks at Zebralight, I have three more questions:

The anodizing is excellent on your lights but I think this one would look great in bare aluminum - is it possible to order the Q50 like that?

Will this light have a smooth reflector or op reflector like your other lights, or will there be an option?

We are getting so close to third quarter - are there any pictures and more specific release dates you can share?

Thanks!!!!

1. Yes, you can order the Q50 in bare aluminum.
2. All Q50's come with op reflectors.
3. No specific dates.

Napalm

Enlightened
Mhhh let's see something really innovative.... like a triangular body using square battery cells.... :crazy:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really excited about this light.

Square body machined out of 1 piece of aluminium
4AA but 2AA can be used
ZL side click switch with usual ZL interface

If the output specs are similar to the SC600 this will be a must buy for me.

When can I get one?!

Are there any prototype photos?

ZebraLight

Enlightened
I am really excited about this light.

Square body machined out of 1 piece of aluminium
4AA but 2AA can be used
ZL side click switch with usual ZL interface

If the output specs are similar to the SC600 this will be a must buy for me.

When can I get one?!

Are there any prototype photos?

The Q50 output will be slightly above the SC600, and with a longer than 5min timer in the turbo mode. We are still shooting for the Q3 (Jul, Aug, or Sept) release.

Edit: longer runtimes, compared to the SC600, with the new Eneloop Pro.

Last edited:

calflash

Enlightened
1. Yes, you can order the Q50 in bare aluminum.
2. All Q50's come with op reflectors.
3. No specific dates.

Thanks for the answers!

(4) AA's - or two. Bare aluminum and anodized options. Longer runtimes. Higher output. This light is sounding better and better. I don't think I will order only one. I might "need" several.

Will it have a clip? If so will it be to clip the light vertical (i.e. pocket) or horizontal (i.e. belt)?

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q50 output will be slightly above the SC600, and with a longer than 5min timer in the turbo mode. We are still shooting for the Q3 (Jul, Aug, or Sept) release.

Killing me! Please take my money!! The SC600 is now my favorite light OF ALL TIME... but I think that this one may take the cake! Am I going crazy or are these REVOLUTIONARY lights? Speaking about the SC600 from experience but presuming the the Q50 will be follow suite: The fit & finish, the amazing range of brightness, the super high efficiency, the perfect-to-me UI... And now a AA light that outperforms an 18650! Holy cow. Holy cow. Holy cow!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light sounds like a great emergency prep light; two or four cells, and very stable when tail standing because of the shape and short stature of the light. I'll be waiting eagerly to see what it's like, and will consider buying one as a general 'house' flashlight.

Mike V

Enlightened
This light sounds amazing.

Just when you think there is no more innovation in Flashlights.
Well done Zebralight guys!

I will definitely purchase.

silverglow

Newly Enlightened
Also for me this new light is really something to look forward to, considering the info available so far and Zebralight's high quality! Hopefully they will be able to release it before September, so I can get it for my birthday. :grin2:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love both my Zebras, my SC50w+ and my H51w.

I'd have more now, but the wife is making me pay down the CC before I can get any new toys, er, tools. :D

Acid87

Enlightened
I own the xeno cube and not a great fan on the shape but to be honest this just sounds too good to pass up. Third Zebralight lucky? All are great but this sounds AWESOME!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
that thing screams faux modern even back in 1984 when it was new. They were trying to pass off that dated design back then as some modern light when it was a thinly veiled early 70's or even later 60's design.

Still i'd have preferred something like that or maybe even all four batteries flat, in the same plane, even if it were bigger. But thinner. I think this one's only three, but i like the shape of this energizer:

j8z4o6.jpg

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is this Eneloop Pro you speak of?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahhh thanks. So is this different than what I've seen mentioned on CFP lately as referred to as Eneloop XX?

EDIT: I see you beat me to it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.