• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in Pre-Sale

I agree as well that you are handling this perfectly!

End of february, I ordered another dropin, also a Triple. A few weeks later I got a PM for an upgrade, I paid at once and that was it, I'm still waiting. No more informations, customers keep asking when they can expect delivery. Also in february, I ordered a light (from a different seller), same thing, no informations and no light.

Thus, this thread is delighting! Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree as well that you are handling this perfectly!

End of february, I ordered another drop, also a Triple. A few weeks later I got a PM for an upgrade, I paid at once and that was it, I'm still waiting. No more informations, customers keep asking when they can expect delivery. Also in february, I ordered a light, same thing, no informations and no light.

Thus, this thread is delighting! Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Very unfortunate.....There are a couple names that come to mind, and they don't deserve the respect they get.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very unfortunate.....There are a couple names that come to mind, and they don't deserve the respect they get.

No names of course, but I made a precision in my posting, that it's not the same "seller" for both products. I know I'll get that dropin and that light, the question is when. The longest until now has been 18 months, but that's a different story... :sick:

I also have to add however, that I was in two sales for a light which were managed by someone who's also on the list here and his handling was excellent as well, twice! Informations during the process, pictures of the different steps, then it's completely different when you receive the jewel, you followed its birth, you know the details and at least for me that makes a real difference and I won't hesitate to be part of another project (if the quality of the product I received is up to my expectations). If I have to wait forever and get about no informations the whole time, the thing I receive will be a stranger, my first reaction is "I remember, I really ordered that long time ago..." and I'll only buy from those people if their products are really worth it, top notch, and I'll still hesitate!

My reaction for that other dropin is that I wouldn't have ordered it, if I knew about this one in february, it'll be a high CRI XP-G Triple and will surely be less pleasant to me than the Nichia 219 Triple, which has a much nicer tint, the XP-G are much too warm, but in febriary I still thought that was the bullet to bite if I want high CRI...

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Word.
I only make ~12-15k a year (musician) & I love spending it on artisan made
products.
It really is supporting the arts IMHO

This drop is going in my Kavelight host along with another module by NB.
It's neat leggo-ing all of these custom pieces that were made by fellow enthusiasts
with such care, passion & attention to detail.

Also the performance & tint usually kills the mainstream competition.

Patiently waiting for my triple ;)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in SALE

No pressure then lol....thanks for the all the nice words. Being my first time making and selling here I've put in a lot of effort to communicate as much information as reasonably possible to allay any concerns people might have considering I have no 'cred'. Hopefully I've put myself in good stead for other things in the future but time will tell.

The only part o the entire build process I'm not 100% happy with is the organization of the wire when it's soldered to the emitter PCB. I wanted a nice mirrored pattern (so a wire pair beside each other coming out of the central hole to each LED pad, distributed evenly around the board) but in practice it took me far too long to set this up properly to be worth while, seen as the wires are hidden in behind the lens. So while it's clean and neat, the wires do tend to 'zig-zag' over each other occasionally.

Here's an example:

:duck:

As you may notice keeping the wire length identical across the board is difficult in such small spaces. I'm no 'artist' (my strengths lie in design IMO) but I am learning quickly. Of course everything is 100% functional, bomb proof and with the optic in and the P60 shell polished up looks absolutely mint.

- Matt

EDIT: Keep in mind all drivers are tested after they are modified and again after they are installed. The drop-in is tested for functionality after it is built, then again after it is epoxied and will be again after it polished and ready to be packed. The only thing I won't do is test them in a host because I don't want to scratch them or ruin several sheets of silver doing it.

51coronet

Newly Enlightened

Not sure if you experimented with another wiring option is to tie all (+) together on the pcb as well as all (-) forming a circular wire pattern on top of the pcb which in turn limits the amount of wires you need to run through the slug. I have done this on a 4x xpg 24mm pcb with 20gauge wire and it does not interfere with the optic provided you just pay attention. In this regard you only deal with 2 wires running through the slug vs 6. Then you just lay the 2 wires coming from the driver down next to any corresponing + or - wire of your choice and solder away.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure if you experimented with another wiring option is to tie all (+) together on the pcb as well as all (-) forming a circular wire pattern on top of the pcb which in turn limits the amount of wires you need to run through the slug. I have done this on a 4x xpg 24mm pcb with 20gauge wire and it does not interfere with the optic provided you just pay attention. In this regard you only deal with 2 wires running through the slug vs 6. Then you just lay the 2 wires coming from the driver down next to any corresponing + or - wire of your choice and solder away.

I did a fair amount of experimenting before I landed on my current method. The easiest and neatest way to do it was what I ended up with as you see above. The pills were designed for the 6 wires in mind so running them through the middle was actually the easiest part. I found that when I ran circular wires (as you describe) I ended up with a bit of a mess. Furthermore I think I have actually minimized the amount of wire visible from the front of the light (with the optics out) which to me at least is more atheistically pleasing. There's also zero chance of the wire getting in the way of the optics.

Horses for courses!!! (Whatever that means – I just know it applies here haha).

The ideal solution would have been a parallel connected triple MCPCB in the first place but for whatever reason these do not exist :(

- Matt

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

All of Kerberos's triple dropins are wired in just this fashion. It is what it is. Swings and Roundabouts. Horses for courses. <insert cliche here>

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mattus,

The wiring looks very nice. Anyway you could post us a pic showing a finished module with the new tail spring and dried epoxy?

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened

Count me in
akajimmy
1 x Driver 1 L/M/H @3.04A 10507
1 x 10508
:paypal:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can show the new tail spring but not the epoxy yet. The test mule I used I didn't add enough of the epoxy (or too much of the hardener if you look at it the other way) so it's see through - not much point seeing that. All modules will be epoxied this Saturday.

Here's the old(L) v new(R) spring:

I tested the new spring in an L2T host (which has no lip - the battery can basically sit against the bottom of the P60 pill) and the compressed length is fine. Then again the old spring was fine in the L2T as well. Where the new spring comes into it's own is on bored hosts or hosts with a lip so the battery can only get within 3 or 4mm of the bottom of the pill. The extra length provided by the new spring is invaluable - my brothers C3 would never have worked without it as there is not only a lip inside the host, but also an o-ring to stop the battery smashing into the lip.

Each host will differ though but this spring will work in any of the more common hosts.

Hope it's OK!?

- Matt

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without the new spring it would not have worked in my FiveMega host.

Lady luck's on my side!

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

As long as it works in a bored C2, I'm a happy camper :naughty:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lady luck? More like magnificent Matt LOL!

Seriously though, no word of a lie, I had all the drop-ins lined up last Sunday afternoon to epoxy and stood there staring at them for about 5mins and just thought "no – we need new springs" (plus of course a failed attempt at stretching the stock springs which come to think of it was not only destined for failure but also just dumb).

So now you get what you see above.

The smaller spring above is the Driver 1 stock spring. Driver 2's stock spring is about 1-2mm longer but thinner axially and not as 'nice'. I'm replacing the spring on all of them to be the same (10mm) as the new one.

Cheers,

- Matt