NightWatch: Anyone here ever hear of them?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
NightWatch: Anyone here ever hear of them?

Someone linked me to what I am looking for: A single 21700 cell with three major caliber reflectored emitters, about 7,000 lumens.

NightWatch, whom I never heard of, has their NSX3 > NS53 with three reflectored XHP 50.2 emitters, about 6,500 lumens after 30 seconds. Budget price classification.

Anyone hear ever heard of NightWatch and/or the NS53? Thoughts?

SKV89

Enlightened
I own half a dozen Nightwatch lights. I really like their host. Very substantial with very effective heat fin designs. Their lumen ratings are often over rated though. Maybe 20% higher than what I measure with my calibrated TA lumen sphere. The quality of their host is good but driver and other electronics is no comparison to the true premium brands like Olight and Acebeam. The good thing about Nightwatch is their willingness to try new ideas and new emitters. The new NI40 with the SBT90.2 is a very interesting light.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your reply. Single 21700 with three reflectored XHP 50.2 emitters is what I want, and if budget brand comes out with this daring configuration first, then kudos to NightWatch!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked my favorite supplier to grab one of these for me. Why? Power to size ratio. 9,900 lumens, 41mm head diameter, 237 gms with 21700 cell. I can't pass that up.

I am going to side-by side compare this with the Nitecore TM9K 9,500 lumens from single 21700 cell, 40mm/1.57 in. head diameter, 218 gms/7.68 oz. with the built-in 21700 cell, because both lights are similar size, weight and factory lumen specs.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took a while, but my fav light guy finally got this item. I am ordering a few of them, one or two for me, and some to make gifts of. I am really excited about this item!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please see my signature > click My Lights > item 4 > there he is, in bold font. :)

After 2,000 posts in two forums, I don't want naysayers accusing me of being a shill for my fav light guy. :)

What??

He's talking about Vinh at skylumen. This was an odd response.

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
I asked my favorite supplier to grab one of these for me. Why? Power to size ratio. 9,900 lumens, 41mm head diameter, 237 gms with 21700 cell. I can't pass that up.

I am going to side-by side compare this with the Nitecore TM9K 9,500 lumens from single 21700 cell, 40mm/1.57 in. head diameter, 218 gms/7.68 oz. with the built-in 21700 cell, because both lights are similar size, weight and factory lumen specs.

Even if the Nightwatch makes the same lumen as the Nitecore, the Nitecore is still a much more practical light because Nitecore drivers are very well regulated and extremely efficient unlike the direct drive Nightwatch driver. Nitecore, Fenix, and Olight makes the highest efficiency drivers on the market so they are much more suitable for use as tools.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if the Nightwatch makes the same lumen as the Nitecore, the Nitecore is still a much more practical light because Nitecore drivers are very well regulated and extremely efficient unlike the direct drive Nightwatch driver. Nitecore, Fenix, and Olight makes the highest efficiency drivers on the market so they are much more suitable for use as tools.

I gravitated towards Acebeam, Eagletac, Fenix, Four-Sevens, Manker, Nitecore, Niwalker, Noctigon, Olight and Thrunite, but I recently added Imalent to my list, and now, I have a package in the mail from my fav light guy with Nightwatch lights in them.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first of four ordered (this one with custom driver) from my fav light guy, he measured 9,000 lumens at turn on with 40T cell.
30 seconds is 8,000 lumens and 375 meters throw. After batteries charge and the sun goes down, I will edit this post and post my impressions of beam profile compared to the Nitecore TM9K.

I anticipate some more throw and some less flood from the NSX3 versus the M9K.

Patriot

Flashaholic
After batteries charge and the sun goes down, I will edit this post and post my impressions of beam profile compared to the Nitecore TM9K.

Nice! Looking forward to that! Also, size comparison pictures are always enjoyed!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Looking forward to that! Also, size comparison pictures are always enjoyed!
Size comparison pics with TM9K and MMU-X3 coming tomorrow. :)
Until then, all three are almost the exact same size length and body and head diameter. The three are in the same size classification.

Vinh measured my TM9Kvn with small boost at 9,120 lumens at 30 seconds, and my NSX3 driver VnX4 with no boost at 8,000 lumens at 30 seconds, but the TM9K is floodier than the NSX3, with the NSX3 having a broad yet still discernible hotspot, so the NSX3 does appear to be subjectively brighter, even though it has a little bit less lumens.

Tint is subjectivly a tad wee bit coolish on the NSX3, closer to neutral on the TM9K, according to my eyes.

These lights are stunningly bright for their size. Can't decide? Get both! :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size comparison pic attached.

This light is super impressive for its extremely high power/size ratio, and such in a budget light.

Also, this is not an excessively floody beam profile. Specs and small white room ceiling bounce show this to be barely less lumens than the TM9K, but medium range targets are illuminated with what appears to be noticeably brighter light, due to the TM9K beam profile being a lot more floody.

The build quality may not look and feel like Fenix/Nitecore/Eagletac/Olight, but it is a solid, no frills hot little screamer.

Also, normal modes are available for normal heat generation and normal runtimes.

Anyone looking for a budget, solid, not too small, not too big, not too floody, nice light that is capable of brief, astonishing wow factor, this is currently it.

Three more of these will be shipped to me from my fave light guy, after they pass through his God gifted hands. The longer I think this light is the real deal for its budget/size/performance class, the greater the possibility of me ordering a crate of these to make lots of gifts of.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my NSX53 triple XHP 50.2 a lot. The only problem that I have with the NSX53 triple XHP50.2 is that I can not get any more of them. The supply has been zero for a few months now, and my fav light guy says that resupply is not yet in sight/unknown.

I have not yet posted in the Want To Buy section, nor have I yet posted a Recommend Me A Light post, to seek currently owned specimens, or alternative single cell 3 x XHP 50.2 with head diameter about 1.7 inch/43mm, because I am still holding onto hope that this light will reappear.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Th558 reported that Nightwatch has come out with a 13000 lumen 4x XHP50.2 K4 single 26800 light.