Nitecore Flashlights: Are they durable?

Afzaal

Newly Enlightened
Plz share p12gt head disassembly since i am having issues with it after falling.

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Nitecore EA81 and I loved it so much that I got a second one. Unfortunately, one of them was defective from the factory but the replacement is fine. The best thing about the Nitecores are the style and UI. Perfect to me.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a picture of just the solid body Nitecore lights I own that was taken for another thread:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/A75EDA53-8095-4008-8D6F-810676EDFBDF.jpg
I have quite a few more. Having said that, many people complain about parasitic drain on the EC-11 and a few others and I have never had a problem. I have Nitecore Light that were made long before I was into flashlights up to and including the most recent one I have on pre-order.
Of maybe 20-25 lights that I bought, kept and used for utility, I have only had one failure, ironically one of my newer solid body lights. It worked fine, and after 2-3 minutes it would suddenly shut off. That being said, the Vendor gave me the choice of returning it for repair or keep it and buy a new one for 75% off the sale price. I chose the latter and had my new light in a week. It happened to be my favorite, a neutral white 2000 Lumen 2 x 18650 light. I like Olight too, but have had to return a few lights for service. To be fair, I own quite a few Surefire lights and while I am a big fan, I have had to return two (of maybe 30) for service. A long answer for your short question, I believe overall Nitecore Lights are durable and dependable.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2014 D25A Ti is my travel light and has worked perfectly all over the world on vacations. All my other Nitecores have also been problem-free although they don't get rough usage.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey SCEMan,
Isn't the D25A made by Eagtac, aka EagleTac? I have both the D25A & D25C and while they are awesome and dependable lights I don't think they are Nitecore, but please feel free to correct me if Nitecore snuck one by Me it would not be the first time...

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey SCEMan,
Isn't the D25A made by Eagtac, aka EagleTac? I have both the D25A & D25C and while they are awesome and dependable lights I don't think they are Nitecore, but please feel free to correct me if Nitecore snuck one by Me it would not be the first time...

Doh! :eek:

I'll blame this on the Aleve/Chardonnay combo I had last night fighting a bad cold...

But my Nitecore EA4W & EC25W are still working fine.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the EC1& EC25 too. The EC25 keeps getting back into the rotation even though there are brighter lights out there-it just fits my hand well and the finned design of the head dissipates heat really well.....The EC1 sometimes replaces the E1e.....at the time I noticed your post on the D25A I was enjoying a Chateau St Michelle Riesling & briefly questioned myself "self, are you sure this isn't the wine talking"? Instead of an answer I had another glass....

Afzaal

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow some one deleted my feedback because it was against its reliability
If you guys open thread to get feedback from customers then be honest with it.
Or change the topic and make it
"Post only good things about nitecore"
Do not complaint

archimedes

Flashaholic
Do not complaint
No, your post was deleted because of your use of crude language, and Rule 4 violation as "flaming / baiting" , but lacking much else of substance.

As you can clearly see, there are well over a hundred prior posts in this thread, both positive and negative, but discussed in a reasonable tone.

I notice that you are a rather new member here, and joined for "urgent" assistance, which you have received.

Every one of your threads so far has been duplicative, negative, and critical.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules here ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/Rules.html#articles

Complaining about moderation is considered a violation of Rule 8.

Thank you.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not complaint

Look how to ***** about lemons:

Well, I had a MH20. Its switch was inconsistent to some extent: it could give either no contact on press or double contact. So I passed it to sister... Yes, I am a bad guy :devil:

davyro

Enlightened
I own 4 nitecore lights an e11, mh20, mh20gt and a p20 I dropped the mh20 and the switch didn't work great but it was still under warranty. So I sent it to the nitecore UK dealership where I bought it and as usual there service was fantastic. Got my light back within a week as good as new. That was over 2 years ago, I've not had any problems with the other lights or the one I dropped since. I did buy the gt and the p20 after I'd dropped the light 2 years ago but they've been flawless. So I've got nothing but praise for nitecore lights or their after sales service

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received my Nitecore Concept 1 light. 1800 lumens in a very compact form, moonlight accessible from off, Turbo available at any time and a simple way to go from "General" to "Tactical" mode. Perhaps my favorite Nitecore to date. No change in my opinion about durability from earlier post.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Of the higher end Chinese lights, I have owned lights from Foursevens, Nitecore, & Olight. Several of each brand. I had the best luck with Olight, then Foursevens and the worst was Nitecore. I was down to one of each model when I decided to take them to the pool and spa where I lived last year. I was correct when I predicted that the Nitecore would leak and die first then the Foursevens and finally the Olight. The Olight died in the pool, like the other two, but after letting them air out overnight the Olight somewhat worked, but not enough for me to keep it. The Nitecore and Foursevens were toasted.

aknecht

Newly Enlightened
I have several NC lights and spent the past weekend swimming with my MH20GT up to depths of 8 or so feet for a total of ~3 hours of underwater time. No issues whatsoever.

DRAWs

Newly Enlightened
my MH27 was dropped a lot of time and the red led was dead but the rest of the function still worked fine

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I've had a Nitecore HC90 headlamp for ~10 months, and nothing to report with it so far (apart from the bundled 2600 mAh unprotected Nitecore battery wasn't very good).

While I've tried to be careful with it, I managed to bash it off my head once, causing it to fall at speed down about 2 metres and onto a packed dirt surface, but it was barely a scrape on it.
Been out with it in the drizzle and snow too, and while I have been sceptical about the apparent openings in the top of it (due to the operating slider), it didn't seem to affect it at all.

I did consider the Nitecore P12 too a couple years back, but thanks to the beforementioned horror-stories, I ended up with the Fenix PD35 instead. A light I now would trust with my life.

TLLOF

Newly Enlightened
I picked up an MT10A pretty soon after they came out and have edc'd it since then. Never had an issue and it's a great little light for a few reasons: it is perfect size for a pocket, I use the red light often, built-in voltage measurememt (via flashes), it can accept a wide range of battery chemistries, and turbo mode can put out quite a bit of light keeping in mind it will drain the battery rather quickly. I would still not rank them with Surefire for durability.

Last edited:

eugenechia1989

Newly Enlightened
There was once my Nitecore EA11 failed to turn on. Of my branded torchlights, it's the only one that has done this. I've had a Condor C05 for much longer, used it a lot more heavily, and it has never failed even once. Although both are made in China, the C05 definitely feels higher-quality. The EA11 is still ahead of all those cheapo unknown-brand and 'Ultrafire' torchlights (I have one), though, and I think it's still OK as long as you have a back-up torchlight. My back-up is my Condor C05 and occasionally my Surefire G2X LE. I will rarely, if ever, carry only one torchlight, anyway, so I'm not too worried. But I'm not going to say my EA11 is particularly reliable.

Reliability, Performance, Affordability. Perhaps you just can't have all three at once. My Condor sacrifices performance to be reliable and affordable; my Surefire sacrifices affordability for performance and reliability, and my Nitecore sacrifices reliability for performance and affordability. I guess.

Last edited: