Nitecore Flashlights: Are they durable?

PartyPete

Enlightened
I've owned 3 Tubes. Each one had problems. 2 of the 3 died in less than 30 days and my current one doesn't indicate when it's done charging - the light will stay on forever.

Also had an MT2A that stopped working after 6 months.

I'll admit, Nitecore is an innovative company but I won't buy any more from them. Of all the brands out there I see more complaints about their lights than anyone else.

eugenechia1989

Newly Enlightened
Likewise for me. Although I mentioned that I always carry at least 2, so the occasional 'failure to start' it isn't a big concern for me, actually, it's still a concern. For me, the question is always, can I trust it with my life? While it isn't quite a big fat NO yet for the EA11, it's not a clear-cut yes as it is with my Condor C05. On that note, I wonder what's the general consensus here about Condor Outdoor Products torchlights like my C05. Hmmm...

CONCEPT1

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion Nitecore is the best flashlight company at this moment. First i had only Fenix lights, however Fenix is very slow in releasing new lights and in my opinion less innovative then Nitecore is. However maybe if Fenix comes in the future with nice new highend lights il maybe buy one.

Back to Nitecore:
1 year ago i ordered 10 Nitecore tubes and they are still working without any problens.
6 months ago i bought 2 Nitecore TIP lights and they are still aorking
- The built quality of their products is very good and i trust the products.
- Nitecore is very innovative and that gives me also more motivation to buy a product from them, because i know that with the money i invest i can expect new awesome lights in the future because they invest alot in R&D.
- I also have a Nitecore MH27 and this is one of the best lights ive ever owned.
- My D4 Charger is also working and the best charger ive owned!
- Recently i bought the Concept 1 and also no problems with this light.
- I aldo have a few 18650 batterys from Nitecore and they do what they need to do without any problems

Few days ago i ordered a 18650 cover, the new NL1835HP 3500mah battery, and the FL1 charger all from Nitecore ( i expect the same good quality as always!)

What also is important for me is that Nitecore is fair about their products runtine and lumens, i really appreciate that and i will hope that Nitecore will stay innovative and keep their level of quality to the max.

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
I have an old D20, which is a 2x AA Cree r2, with infinitely adjustable output from min. to max, and a really funky mechanical tail switch that moves the whole inner body of the light. The switch is totally silent but has no tactile feel whatsoever. It would be probably 9 years old and has been totally reliable. Oh, and a nice olive anodizing finish. Also have a TM16GT that seems to be totally reliable. No problems to ths point.

Last edited:

heoli

Newly Enlightened
I have a nitecore P10 for more than two years and it works perfectly. Despite having suffered some falls, including about 2 meters...

Budman231

Enlightened
I like NC lights.. I have an EC4GT and recently dropped it on to a hardwood floor from counter height. landed on tail cap and one if the Tabs broke off. The tab is critical to having the tail cap stay on. Needless to say those tabs are a major design flaw on that light. NC shipped me a new one from China for $10. For everyday use they are fine. Hardcore situations, probably not.