Nitecore MH2A - Opinions

garryt

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

Quite fancy this, but not finding too much on searches / net in general.

Does anyone have any views or own one?
For example, it has a max of 600L on the supplied rechargeable, but what's the max if you were to use 2 x nimh AA - be surprised if it could still do 600...:confused:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

Quite fancy this, but not finding too much on searches / net in general.

Does anyone have any views or own one?
For example, it has a max of 600L on the supplied rechargeable, but what's the max if you were to use 2 x nimh AA - be surprised if it could still do 600...:confused:

I would agree with your thinking. Just a guess...320 lumen. But why not stick with 14500`s? $20 buy`s you two and the light can recharge those internally...according to the owners manual: http://www.nitecore.com/UploadFile/Files/download/1-1_MH2A_UM_en.pdf

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I would agree with your thinking. Just a guess...320 lumen. But why not stick with 14500`s? $20 buy`s you two and the light can recharge those internally...according to the owners manual: http://www.nitecore.com/UploadFile/Files/download/1-1_MH2A_UM_en.pdf

It states that the size of a dedicated battery is 2x14500. The combined voltage of 2 14500s would be 7.4V, and I seriously doubt 2 14500s can actually be charged in this light. Recommend extreme caution.
It even states: *Warning: Charge MH2A dedicated battery only (which is NOT a 14500)

Last edited:

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
It comes with a dedicated 3.7v SINGLE lithium ion battery (which may be charged in the light) and alternatively may use AA Alkalines, AA NiMH and AA Lithium primaries. they specifically warn against using or attempting to charge 14500's or LiFePo4's in it.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It states that the size of a dedicated battery is 2x14500. The combined voltage of 2 14500s would be 7.4V, and I seriously doubt 2 14500s can actually be charged in this light. Recommend extreme caution.
It even states: *Warning: Charge MH2A dedicated battery only (which is NOT a 14500)

Looking at the batt photo it http://nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=67 looks like two Nitecore 14500`s taped together to me. Add that the owners manual states it can only recharge 14500`s....

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore calls the battery an NL1427. I *might* get a chance to have eyes on this flashlight on Wednesday or Thursday as I'm hoping to make a trip down the road to heinnie.com 's showroom. I am actually vaguely intrigued by it myself as I find it more aesthetically appealing than the MH1A which to my eye has odd proportions.

What's putting me off though is that I haven't seen anywhere that sells replacements of this NL1427 battery. Also the 18650 version of the MH series only costs £5 more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

garryt

Newly Enlightened
It seems to state that the dedicated battery is 14500 x 2, but with an output voltage of 3.7?

I'm still interested in this, but would prefer more input from the experts on here. I'm but a newb to all this....

firelord777

Enlightened
If its 600 lumens with 2 AAs that would be a huge milestone for flashlight technology. It would trump my 150 lumen TK20 (love mine though).

Cheers

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
I know this thread is old, but just in case it interests anyone... I bought 2 of this some time ago with the dedicated battery. It has two cells physically in series, but the voltage is 3.7V, so I assume they are actually two 14500 connected in parallel. It seems there is a flat conductor below the wrap, but I didn't unwrap it as I was going to give them to my father and to my brother. This is a really nice torch, I liked it a lot, but unfortunatelly it became too expensive (I guess all MH family did) and I ended up not buying one for myself..