Nitecore MT1A accidental mode select - user error or design flaw?

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
Hear me out:

Ok, I know this is not the newest of lights by any stretch, but I was looking for a replacement for my Fenix LD10 and I like absolutely everything about the Nitecore MT1A... beam, output, UI, built quality, switch, memory, size... BUT I keep accidentally going into mode select and it's very frustrating. This is not a problem with the MT2A, because it's obviously longer, so when my hand is on the switch I'm not touching the head, but on the smaller MT1A, especially when wearing gloves and this is how I often use the light, when the head is in loose position and I hit the switch there's a bit of a squeeze/travel on the thread, so this happens every single time. (When I make the head really loose and prevent it that way, then it feels really loose and there's sideways movement that does not feel me with confidence and that I think should not be here - the LD10 had very similar UI with head tight/loose options and this was never a problem)

Is this a design flaw or am I doing something wrong?

If it's a design flaw, what other lights are there in this form factor? I picked up the Limintop Tool 2.0, I do like it a lot, but it's not replacing the LD10/MT1A, because it's too small. I need the light to be a bit bigger, so it's easier to grab and operate, and basically not disappearing in my gloved hand.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I don't know the light specifically. When you remove the head, is there an o ring on the threads of the body tube? If there is you should try a slightly thicker o rting, which would stop the wobble.
Hope that helps, if it doesn't, ignore me.
P