Nitecore TIP Winter Edition Review (V2)

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Insane deal, unfortunately it only lets you buy 1, got one for my brotherinlaw, will try back later and see if I can order a backup for myself.
Nice review, this really is a great light, at this price it's ridiculous.

The price right now from Illumn is not too bad either and they are in the USA too.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought 5 of the red/blue combo for the $16.59 price. Opted for express shipping (3-7 business days) and shipping insurance.

Now I'm looking for the best deal on a black TIP CRI V2.

Last edited:

tops2

Enlightened
I have the TIP CRI version for the past few days and I'm really liking it. Small and light weight with enough power for my "EDC" purpose. I've been carrying my Zebralight H600Fd everywhere, even at home cause I love the high CRI. But the TIP CRI is just a good with awesome colors, just slightly cooler (but not cool white) temperature. The TIP is nice and floody, but surprising throws far enough. The turbo is pretty awesome for a keychain light.

I've ordered some microusb dust covers. I'm actually contemplating getting another TIP CRI as backup! =P

So while mine's not the winter edition, just wanted to chime in how much I currently like the TIP.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Ok then 16.95 and just ordered one. I don't have a USB powered light like this so made up that justification for buying something totally not needed. Plus it was cheap. Kinda embarrassed I purchased yet another light but what can be done.

hazard2036

Newly Enlightened
I have the TIP CRI version for the past few days and I'm really liking it. Small and light weight with enough power for my "EDC" purpose. I've been carrying my Zebralight H600Fd everywhere, even at home cause I love the high CRI. But the TIP CRI is just a good with awesome colors, just slightly cooler (but not cool white) temperature. The TIP is nice and floody, but surprising throws far enough. The turbo is pretty awesome for a keychain light.

I've ordered some microusb dust covers. I'm actually contemplating getting another TIP CRI as backup! =P

So while mine's not the winter edition, just wanted to chime in how much I currently like the TIP.
Hey mate what source did you use for the USB covers?

tops2

Enlightened
Hey mate what source did you use for the USB covers?

I searched for "microusb cover" in eBay and one seller has 25 for $0.99 shipped from China. For reference, the particular listing I bought from has sold 136 orders that I see right now. I did search on Amazon and it was about $1.70 for what looked like the same item and shipped from China as well. We'll see how it fits..but for $0.99, I don't have much expectations. Lol.

Forgot to mention in my last post. But the size and weight difference between the TIP CRI vs my Zebralight H600Fd is no comparison. I've been using my BLF 348 and Lumintop IYP365 a lot more lately as well. The TIP CRI can get much brighter than both of these. The only minor thing is since there's no clip, I need to "fish" for the light vs my other 3 high CRI light skin that have clips. I did just order one of those suspension clips from Banggood so well see if it works as I expect.

I got mine from Illumn last week. When I last checked, it look so like their sale with coupon code still works.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose it is a bit optimistic of me to think that this will arrive by New Years Eve, since it is coming from China.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose it is a bit optimistic of me to think that this will arrive by New Years Eve, since it is coming from China.

Don't know who you ordered from but Gearbest somehow manages to get me stuff inside a Week every time if I pay for expedited shipping.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did order from GearBest, also. I just checked their site and it shows the order as canceled, so I have a message into them.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did order from GearBest, also. I just checked their site and it shows the order as canceled, so I have a message into them.

I ordered a few more on Tuesday and it looked like they might even get here by Today but then......Cincinnati got in the way!
They are stuck there it seems for now but still pretty impressive for sure.

Latest posts