Noctigon Meteor M43

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I cant wait to get it monday.
only batts i have now for it are the green panasonic 2900 mah button top unprotected. Are these okay for now?
i want to buy 4 more batteries and was wondering what you guys are using? The higher capactiy the better.
thanks
QUOTE=ven;4965577]Congrats, should be amazing, heck i love the little m361N and EDCplus 4000k xp-g2's..............i can only imagine 12 of them:D Really is a nice tint.[/QUOTE]

doug5551

Newly Enlightened
Varmint,

I got the last one last night with the same specs as yours from Mountain Electronics. I went with the recommended Sony VTC5 batteries. I hope they are a good choice for this model.

Esko

Enlightened
All gone, no information about the future of the Meteor in any media, however, the maker of the Meteor gave some teaser specs of a near future flashlight with 8*18650 and 9*XHP35... :thinking::drool:

Also, no suggestions regarding the potential replacement holsters? I guess it shall be the diy route then...

Esko

Enlightened
Noctigon is making a new light? Have a link to the info?

It was in the linked thread, have a shortcut.

This light will be big and heavy but it is also more powerful than the competition (lumens and runtime). Interesting to see the result...

( I hope it comes with a firefly mode.. :p )

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Thought the upcoming acebeam x65 looked good but this definitely has my attention. Likely to be a more compact light if the M43 is anything to go buy.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Production before end of the year.:santa:. Will probably be 9 XHP35 HI using optics to give the throw instead of traditional reflector. Should keep it compact.

drummer132132

Enlightened
That will be nice. Wonder how compact we are talking given the mention of 8 batteries. Exciting and probably something to definitely pick up when available.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
No idea on the size. With 8 batteries it will be at least twice as long as the M43, more likely 2.5 times longer. Thinking there going to have to incorporate some cooling fins or it could go in to melt down in seconds.

Esko

Enlightened
No idea on the size. With 8 batteries it will be at least twice as long as the M43, more likely 2.5 times longer. Thinking there going to have to incorporate some cooling fins or it could go in to melt down in seconds.

According to Hank, compact size is the target. 8*18650 means it is at least 6,5 cm longer (assuming the most probablebattery positioning). Tailcap? No need to be bigger. Electronics? No need to be bigger, at least not much. Lenses? 9 leds so 1900lm/led and 30kcd per led. It equals to what? 30000lx@1m? Zebralight SC300 III has a XHP35, 1300 lumens and 13300lx, so, the optics should probably be bigger than the reflector in Zebralights. Let's say 3 cm wide and 3 cm deep. This gives us +2 cm in length compared to Meteor and the head is wider, too. So, the length could be 19 cm with a head diameter of some 11 cm. Plus the handle.

drummer132132

Enlightened
This light is going to damage many floors when dropped!

Since it will be heavy or melt through the floors? [emoji6]

To be honest I never felt the M43 in general was that hot. The time it took turbo to get hot felt right. Same for all the other high modes. They felt right in the time it took for them to step down.