Noctigon Meteor M43

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I made the mistake of leaving my streamlight flashlight charging next to my bed. My wife needed it and left it on bezel down and left a nice burn mark in The wood. My son used it later (under my wife's supervision) and when the battery died, he threw it in the garbage.
Everything about that sounds wrong. :eek:oo:

Fra881

Newly Enlightened
ok so the standby current drain of my M43 measures at 21uA, which is pretty normal and negligible.

is it possible that in only a few months the batteries have self-discharged to 0.2V? maybe being INR they have a much higher self discharge than a classic ICR.. I'm just guessing, since I can't think of any other reason they could have discharged so much.

tonkem

Enlightened
Not a successor, per se, but I hear that Emisar(also produced by the company that has created the M43) is going to be producing a D7 that is 7 LED and 3 x 18650, but that is all I know.

Agpp

Enlightened
Not a successor, per se, but I hear that Emisar(also produced by the company that has created the M43) is going to be producing a D7 that is 7 LED and 3 x 18650, but that is all I know.

Some time ago there were rumours about a successor. It was said to be shelved because the makers didn't manage to improve it enough to justify a new model.
D7 is not a successor to M43. Smaller, lower sustained output, probably similar peak output (here: on fresh battery only), shorter runtime. Probably similar beam shape, probably much cheaper.

Keitho

Enlightened
A couple years of use, and my M43's are still my favorite lights. I make excuses to use flashlights sometimes, but I make the most crazy excuses to fire up the M43. Like last night, my Nichia was about a foot closer to me than the light switch, so I used it to light the room for a couple hours. Or the other day, I procrastinated troubleshooting an circuit breaker until after sunset so I could use my M43. Or my favorite: two of my three bikes have M43 handlebar mounts...I often find reasons to "need" to ride them!

Just a solid light---size, efficiency, UI, looks, value. Nobody has equaled it yet, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple years of use, and my M43's are still my favorite lights. I make excuses to use flashlights sometimes, but I make the most crazy excuses to fire up the M43. Like last night, the my Nichia was about a foot closer to me than the light switch, so I used it to light the room for a couple hours. Or the other day, I procrastinated troubleshooting an circuit breaker until after sunset so I could use my M43. Or my favorite: two of my three bikes have M43 handlebar mounts...I often find reasons to "need" to ride them!

Just a solid light---size, efficiency, UI, looks, value. Nobody has equaled it yet, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Nice post about this classic light. Size: Short and stubby, in a good way. Looks: The first flashlight to have its then unique looks. Original UI: Very special. There were several lengthy threads in the Russian flashlight forum about the development of the UI and the driver. I edced mine for a few months, until more powerful item was released. I still occasionally use my M43 to relive the happy times that I had when this light was announced and released and frequently used. This light will always occupy a lofty position in the pantheon of permanent classics.

ven

Flashaholic
+1 Yes great post keitho, if any big hitter gets EDC'd its the m43vn. I can happily carry it in a coat pocket without any issue reg size/weight and enjoy crazy outputs, normally associated with much larger flashlights.

Keitho

Enlightened
I'm very sorry to see that, after some time at $98, the m43 is out of stock at both intl outdoors and mtn electronics. Both of mine get regular use despite the fact I have dozens of newer lights, and I'm sad to see that they're probably not being made anymore.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
My switch started acting up and it doesn't look like replacement parts are available. Anyone have a spare switch? Or need parts off mine?

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
My switch started acting up and it doesn't look like replacement parts are available. Anyone have a spare switch? Or need parts off mine?

They use the following switch: ALPS SKRBAAE010
You should be able to find it on Ebay, Mouser etc. You can use any switch that fit son the solder pads. It doesn't have to be this type of foil switch (not very robust...). I had the same problem. You can fix it, but it's not easy. You need to take apart the entire flashlight, remove the driver and then you can get to the switch. You need to be very good at smd soldering.

Here are some pics of my broken switch after removing the button cover. You can see that the orange foil on top is missing.

full

full

Last edited:

MarvelouzV

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and to collecting flashlights. My first purchase is Noctigon M43 in Stone White from eBay i received today. I was wondering if anyone has cleaned the threads and re-lubed them on this particular light? Which lubricant did you go with? TIA

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of mine are black also. I wonder if it's a character of the aluminum used. The only one that's not black isn't lubed

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and to collecting flashlights. My first purchase is Noctigon M43 in Stone White from eBay i received today. I was wondering if anyone has cleaned the threads and re-lubed them on this particular light? Which lubricant did you go with? TIA
I use this on threads and orings for all my lights, no problem so far and it's food grade

Food Grade O-ring Lubricant- Haynes,1oz Tube Sold by Kegconnection
Haynes
Link: http://a.co/d/1rVHaTu

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a used m43 from ebay as hardly used and it looks to be in great shape. I'm using 30q and this thing is just not as bright as everyone says. Is there something wrong with it, do I need to get into some mode for turbo vs high? I have a 3800 lumen d4s that outshines this 2 fold and I just feel that shouldn't be the case, thoughts?

AEDe

Newly Enlightened
Hi !
There is extended instruction for M43 , but it in Russian.

Try 12 fast click and hold. If something wrong with turbo , light would blink 2 times.
If so at first you should disassemble tail cap . and clean contact between host and copper board.
If it is not help try another battery.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be an intensity difference too. The M43 uses optics that aren't as throwy as that on the D4s, so the smaller but more intense hotspot can lead to the lesser output of the D4s looking brighter. My 219C D4S looks equally as bright or even brighter next to my ROT66 SST20, even though it's only 3000ish lumen as opposed to 5-6000ish, but that's because I'm only looking at the center of the hotspots.