Novatac 120P Clip Installation....STRANGE

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I was just checking the news section on the Novatac site.
Here's what I found:

August 3
Clip installation note:
When installing the supplied clip on any model of NovaTac flashlight the O-ring under the switch must first be removed. Unscrew the switch from the battery tube. Carefully remove the O-ring with a blunt object if necessary, install the clip then re-install the O-ring. Replace the switch and tighten. Tightening the switch compresses the clip so is very important.

So it seems there is no screw on clip. I wonder how sturdy this one will be? :sick2:
I was hoping Lighthound had some updated picks since they received shipment...I guess well just have to wait and see.

BBL

Enlightened
The newest clip isnt mounted with screws but fits inside the gap between tailcap and body.

i too wonder how sturdy this construction is - and how they keep the clip from rotating. That would be anoying.

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
ntedc_clip1.jpg

ntedc_clip2.jpg

ntedc_clip3.jpg

Ask and yee shall receive...

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the pictures. I don't like the design of the tailcap :rolleyes:. But I guess someone will come up with a better design later.
I think you placed the tailcap the wrong side. It should go between the tailcap and body, not between head(bezel) and body.

faco

Enlightened
Thank you for the pictures. I don't like the design of the tailcap :rolleyes:. But I guess someone will come up with a better design later.
I think you placed the tailcap the wrong side. It should go between the tailcap and body, not between head(bezel) and body.

You beat me to it, where it is it looks useless like the surefire clip position :thinking:. I'm sure it must go between the switch and body, hope so.........

Anyway I'm looking forward to the 120P

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would welcome something like the lanyard rings from surefire, so only a small lanyard hole sticks out. I carry all (all two :laughing:) my flashlights on lanyards.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks John, but I think the clip goes at the end of the tailcap,
as in picture #1. That would make more sense.

It looks like I will be carrying this in a holster, that clip looks horrible.
Notice how its ring protudes after installation:(

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel_sk,did you mean you dont like the clip,that i am sure,someone will make different clips,than the one supplied.but we have not got them yet,they maybe ok anyway.

greenLED

Flashaholic

:thinking: There's something terribly wrong about that clip in that position... has anybody tried to fit it under the bezel ring? That would make more sense for bezel up carry than fitting it like it's shown in that pic. :green:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking: There's something terribly wrong about that clip in that position... has anybody tried to fit it under the bezel ring? That would make more sense for bezel up carry than fitting it like it's shown in that pic. :green:
IMO the clip can only go one way.bezel down.:thinking: do it like the picture,and it will quickly fall off your belt.

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
John at Lighthound was nice enough to retake another pic with the clip properly installed:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

G/LED, there is something "terribly wrong" about that clip full stop! - What a PIG!!! :sick2:

Time to get yor orders in for a classy holster folks...I suggest my personal favorite - The Concealco SF100. :rock:

Big thanks to John @ Lighthound for posting the pics all the same...saves me being upset when I recieve my EDC 120-P...I will just pretend that it doesn't come with a clip. :)

CFU

greenLED

Flashaholic
John at Lighthound was nice enough to retake another pic with the clip properly installed:

I saw that in John's post, Kid, but that's for bezel down carry... The point I was trying to make before is that there doesn't seem to be an option for bezel up carry. Nothing inherently wrong with that, of course, just trying to clarify things and see what other options may be available.

CFU - don't worry, people are bound to come with nicer aftermarket clips soon.