*NOW SHIPPING* SF Z-57 Mod *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire Z-57 Mod

The 36 hours have past and I have 2 left ;)
jtice, belyo PM sent.

I have received several more requests via PM and find that there is a significant demand for this item.

The requests have overwhelmed my limited hobbyist capacity, but would any of you be interested if I were to ask a machine shop to CNC them from Aluminum and HAIIIed?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *Feeler* Surefire Z-57 Mod

I have edited the title of this thread to a *Feeler*.
Please check the first post for details, thanks :)

ths11

Newly Enlightened

nekomane,

I bet if you did U2 and A2 rings as well, the demand would be much greater.

I'm still waiting on the brass, myself :naughty:

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Nekomane,

If we could have black anodized tailcap guard for A2, U2 or C-series clickie(if someone could confirm they are the same?), I'd be in for at least 2. If the black anodization is not possible, black delrin is perfectly fine too.

Anb thank you for doing this! :thumbsup:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be in for a couple, maybe more. Any idea if they fit L1s? Delrin is fine for me. I missed McGizmo's version of this and I've been kicking myself for it. This should give me some relief from the boot marks. :D

-LT

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

ths11, Auroralite, I don't have any of the lights you mentioned. Can someone confirm if these lights use the same tailcap?

Lunal_Tic, the L1 has a different tailcap IIRC. This mod is for the 'clicky' Z-57.
Would Delrin be better? Though I have this thing for HAIIIed aluminum, the cost may be difficult to justify for such a simple piece and Delrin could be better.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still interested L1 or not. Delrin is fine. HA is a PITA especially if you try your luck with the color match.

-LT

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lunal_Tic said:
Delrin is fine. HA is a PITA especially if you try your luck with the color match.
Yup, but this piece plays no part in the conductivity of the light and I find it a good opportunity to try out some anodizers. Still open to Delrin though.
Lunal_Tic said:
I missed McGizmo's version
I don't want to step on anyone's toes (especially McGizmo's!). Besides the 2 stage Aleph tails, does he offer something similar for the Z-57?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

No toes methinks. It was for the L1 and he hated doing them IIRC. I tried to find the link but still "no joy" using the search function.

-LT

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I'd be in for 2pcs for the Z57 (any material you choose) and would also be interested in 2 pcs. for the U2 tailcap and one for the A2 :D :D

I do not think McGizmo offers any of those things right now although he made a small run (for the A2?) some time ago. I am quite sure you won't step on his toes here :p

bernie

segan

Newly Enlightened

i'm also interested in 1pc for the z57, HAIII Aluminium is fine with me, or any other material really.

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Nekomane,

I have just got back to my lights, and it seems that the C-series clickie switches could be interchangable with the U2. And the C switch is a little too large on A2 and will not fit on it, and E-series is too small for A2. So U2/C-series, E-series and A2 are probably all different dimensions. I only hope you will do the C and the A2 as well, that'd be great. :poke: :naughty:

NextLight

Enlightened

I am good for at least 2, delrin original or Al-HA. If these were easily availabile at this low price, I might go for 5 for my various tailcaps.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm leaning towards black Delrin and should be able to get a quote from the machinist within a few days.

Regarding the tailgurads for other models, the A2 looks like it has the same retaining ring as the E-series clicky and can be done. The U2, I have yet to see.

Anyway, whether they will be made depends on how the current project goes :sweat:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

If all goes well, the Delrin ones will be less than $US 4 each, shipping and padded envelope NOT included.

segan

Newly Enlightened

I was just looking at my E1L, how do you get the stock retaining ring out of the Z-57? Do you need a special tool?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

segan,
- Seal in a Ziploc baggie and boil for a few minutes. This will loosen the Loctite.
- Grip in a beltwrench and use needle nose plyers or a Shimano TL-FC20 peg
spanner (do a search here for the part number, these fit the notches in the retaining ring perfectly) to twist. Take care as the tool will slip easily and can scratch the HA finish.

jtice

Flashaholic

I would be very interested in a couple for the U2/M2,
if you ever end up making them for those. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.