NOW SHIPPING -- W3V McModules ! ! !

LLLean

Enlightened
Re: Pre-Ordering -- W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

Charlie & others in the gang,

Will this baby (with either the W or V flux LED) out-throw the PM6 with the original incandescent bulb and reflector? I rememeber reading an earlier post in this thread which said the SureFire E2e will probably have a slightly longer throw than this MOD. If so, then the original PM6 will outthrow the MOD (since the original PM6 outthrows the E2e). Really interested to know. Thanks in advance.

- LLL

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered but I just read about this so . . .

Can this Rechargable replacement battery for 6 volt lights be used on this light (do we have a name for the P6 Pill?)

While I like the SureFire batteries and prices, I would really like to start my daily walks at night, with a freshly charged and completely full battery!

Charlie, for your Space Needle 1 and 2 and NexNeedle, can the 9 volt version of this battery work with them? And how will it compare to a fresh set of SureFire 123a batteries?

Thanks,

Bruce

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

heat is not an issue.. the pelican has more mass (better heatsink) than the l4

the mod will not out throw the original incan and it should not be compared to the snII. it will outshine the sf L4 as it has a bigger reflector and bb750 driver.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Charlie,

I didn't get email from you, does it mean I missed the boat for W3V:-(

Alan

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

What TB said.

Hi Alan,

Yes you missed the boat -- in fact I don't think I even have you on the list (I'm at work now and can't check)...did you e-mail me? And did I confirm? Please e-me again and if you can, include a copy of the original e-mail sent date and I will put you in your rightful spot in line.

Thanks!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Al, disregard the above, found it. Your call, see e-mail I sent.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Okay something's worrying me: it seems some (actually most) are getting my e-mails, but a few may not. Although I have refrained from publicly posting any "lists" of names, I don't want a situation in which those who still did want this mod never got notified, so here are the remaining folks who I've contacted with no response as of yet:

Ricky Pike
Keith Horn
Joe Talmadge
Dan Steigerwalt
John Lim
Ray DeVoe
Stangster
Mets19P
Bryan Bertoglio

Again, I'm only doing this because of my flaky e-mail, so I'd appreciate it if the above folks would just let me know one way or the other, and Thanks for the cooperation...

[/ QUOTE ]

I did eliminate some of the people above (paid or had to bow out), and the rest will have a little less than six (6) hours from now (9:17 pm HST) to let me know one way or the other, after which I must contact the next people on The List.

Thank you for your kind understanding...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

From here in the bright and balmy tropics, it looks like mid-July. 'Pends on when I get all the parts of course...

stangster

Newly Enlightened

Paypal ssssssent!

Sorry, took a break to Sin City for a bit. It was freakin hot. 106°!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Now that I've caught up on the thread, I have just one question...

Raindrop

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Got one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal Sent
government-1_e0.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

BuddTX,

Good questions about the rechargeables. Although I have never recommended them in my DirectDrive mods, I would venture to guess it would be fine in this Pelican mod since it is regulated, although I must defer to Wayne Y. as the ultimate authority on this.

Just waiting on a couple of the New Contactees to respond with Paypal or declination, after which the now-infamous "first forty" (W3V) are either all gone or the remaining few offered to the next Listees.

Thank You for your continued patience.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I have been trying to stay out of the kitchen on this TK run but I would like to make a coupple comments:

1) I have modified all of the reflectors Charlie needs and they will be sent along with the modules after I get them from Jeff.

2) I am continuing to see some open ended possibilities with the PM6 but if, and that is still a big if, some of these ideas become a reality, it is unlikely that they will be offered or ran in both black and silver. The silver has three inherent advantages to my way of thinking; An additional part or exchangable component can be made from Al and bead blasted raw giving a similar color and texture to the existing light and scratches won't be blaringly obvious as they would on the black. Such a process will be less expensive. In some of the ideas I have, the ground path would be part of the component and doing the part in raw Al would not require masking of ground contact surfaces or threads. I think there's three advantages in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For those of you who have already purchased black or strongly prefer black, no worries. Exchangeable LED and Incan modules will work fine and these are the options that will be available for sure............

- Don

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MenaceSQL said:
Maybe they want to bump me up to a W3V module? Yes, I think that's what they're doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I told ya. My buddies that didn't respond to their notification just wanted to bump me up to a W3V module and they did just that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Thanks peeps. You can now resume notifying for your own W3V module /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. BTW, I got me a silver PM6 to match my silver SNII and my McLux. Yeehaw!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Don, Hmmm, I only counted two (actually, four).

Menace, Yes, you owe me (and the other 39 people) BIG time!

McGizmo

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

"Like Manna from heaven..."

In the silver pieces, note the kidney-shaped cutout on one side of the machined recess. The hole in it is meticulously threaded for the grounding screw, just like in computers and such. And on the other side there is a...oops, proprietary secret, that side'll be sealed after assembly.

This is going to be a first-class product indeed. Hope my assembly skills are up to it...

Thanks Jeff, you've come through yet again!