NOW SHIPPING -- W3V McModules ! ! !

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!! BEAM SHOTS !!!

Daaaang, those W's are really bright. I can tell the difference. But there is no green on the V

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Had just a little time tonight (all the parts finally came in) and started a slow build and put together a couple. Very nice, whiter than the earlier V2T versions (although not by much, as Jeff's picture shows).

Oops, gotta go, PK's calling on the cell. We're going horseback riding and then jet skiing today...real build starts next week.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Mr Ted Bear said:
...overpowered the "other brand" 5watt [the one in the middle that doesn't even show]...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

The holdup was originally the machined parts, but now that there appears to be a steady machine shop supply of them, further batches of McModules will depend on frequency of availability of BB750 boards. Obviously I don't think dat2zip will ever quit making them, just need to get the timing sequence down so that we have a steady supply of boards too, before payments are accepted for subsequent runs.

rookie

Enlightened

Mr Bulk, is it too late to be on the wait list? I just discovered this thread a couple of days ago, and I am hooked. Based on everyone's comments, I can't wait to see how this turns out. It got me so excited that this time, I finally registered into CPF.

Please let me know.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow Rook, your first post and it's on this thread, thanks.

Simply e-mail me and I'll get your name on the List. Thanks again.

rookie

Enlightened

Mr Bulk,

Pleasure is all mines.

Hope all is going well. Have just sent email with name.

Regards,

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie,

A question: When you live in Hawaii, where do you go for vacation? Newark? And why? What parts of the 48 have you been through?

I realize this isn't an LED-oriented post, but Charlie's on vacation from us this week so why not?

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

Where does Mr Bulk go for a vacation? As soon as he steps out the door, it's all vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Hope to visit Hawaii one day soon.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BUILT -- A Few W3V McModules - (See Pic)

[ QUOTE ]
MenaceSQL said:
Where does Mr Bulk go for a vacation? As soon as he steps out the door, it's all vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Hope to visit Hawaii one day soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vacation? Who said that I was the one on vacation? Just to show you that PK and family haven't been taking all of my time:

fbb3ebca.jpg

These guys (all with W3V's that you see Arctic epoxied on top of the McModules) just need additional testing, as well as final potting of their BB750 circuit boards, before they are sent out. To the distinguished members of the First Forty Club, please, do hold your collective breaths...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BUILT -- A Few W3V McModules - (See Pic)

Charlie,

I cannot wait!! They are looking NICE!

Bruce

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

mst3k

Enlightened

Wow Charlie, so your idea of a vacation with friends obviously entails a lot of sitting at your workbench glueing and soldering. Did you at least have a Corona or something?? Mai Tai??

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, just had a thought and I'm curious. What is Mr. Surefire's opinion of the McModule flashlight? Has he seen one completed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

StanTeate

Enlightened

Just read the whole post. If you have room on the list for one more on the next batch, put me on it. Posted EM to your site too.

Stan

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

mst3k, I had a lot of Margaritas and more than my share of soju, a Korean equivalent of sake but drunk ice cold and obviously stronger. You don't feel it when going down, but certainly do when standing up...

Phaserburn, I did not think to ask, probably because he already had an early example!

StanTeate, I got your e-mail but it only mentioned another light which I answered to -- nothing about the McModule...?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
McModule Update: 7-11-03

*7-11-03 Update:
As I was testing some of the completed McModules tonight, I decided to compare their outputs against another well-known commercially available 5W. I used the Integrating Ceiling light measurement system -- shining each light up onto the same spot on the matte white ceiling, with each light held at the same height from below. Readings were taken with an LM631 light meter laying sensor up on a waist-high flat surface.

The results were 9.44 lux for the commercial light, and 13.98 avg. for the several McModules tested. These things are killer bright (and white) for their size, and I have McGizmo to thank for introducing me to the wonderful world of nano-soldering with a pair of microscopes strapped to my forehead...

Construction/testing continues...

Latest posts