• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Hi Eric,

As one of the last guys to have received your items (including some rather troublesome custom jobs I requested) I just have to say that I've really appreciated your contributions and effort not only in machining parts but in giving advice too. Read around and see quite a few individuals have listed you as one of their CPF heroes...

Please take that much needed break and please do not feel an obligation to come back. You've actually got a higher chance of 'recovering' that way. It's the passion that got us into this hobby and that passion will not come back if lights no longer arouse you or if CPF only seems to be a place of work and obligation. I hope it hasn't got to the stage where the simple act of using a light only has negative associations. I've felt a bit of burn-out before but I've always just responded by leaving the forums for a while or getting to the heart of the matter (playing with and researching lights and nothing else). I can only imagine how much of a burn-out you've had being as prominent as you are.

Take care and know that we're grateful and appreciative of your work and contributions! I'd also like to add that if I see you snooping around the forums and posting for lights and info, I won't ask you to help me out with another custom-built part!

Last edited:

Bash

Newly Enlightened
Eric,

From our correspondence by email, you seem like a stand up sort of guy. Take Care.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sorry to hear that too! Hope CPF does renew itself and inspire people to be like you!

Big cheers from Brazil! :wave:

Last edited:

elho

Enlightened
For the time being. I am going to have to close this sales thread while I work through a personal struggle.
This is definitely a loss for CPF. :( But of course, most important is, that you get your personal situation sorted out and I wish you all the best for that! :)

I've lost my passion for the business and the hobby in a way that has made it very difficult to get myself moving on it again.
Given that, I even more so appreciate and am happy that I received the M6 holders I ordered last week. :twothumbs: DUe to my own priorities being shifted to pers onal matters, I did get around to do more than briefly try the 2x18650 one yet, but I really like the design and workmanship! :twothumbs:

And should Odd Mods ever see the light again, I'll have some items I wanted to do in a second follow-up order ready on my wishlist. ;)

zeremy

Newly Enlightened
WELL I AM BUMBMED OUT WHENEVER WE MIGHT LOOSE THE BEST PLACE TO GET BATTERY HOLDERS THAT MAKE LOTS OF THESE CUSTOMS WORK AND LOOK GOOD DOING SO...I ONLY LEARNED ABOUT THIS WHEN I WENT TO ORDER 2 ADAPTER AND LOOKING FOR INFO.....I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU AND DONT FORGET HOW FUN IT IS TO BLIND EVERYONE WITH SUPER BAD *** LIGHTS.. GOOD LUCK...

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using your 6AA-2D I bought when I joined and it still works perfectly. Hope CPF sees you again some times ;).

Wish you all the luck with your struggle.

rayman

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Hello CPF members,

For the time being. I am going to have to close this sales thread while I work through a personal struggle. I've lost my passion for the business and the hobby in a way that has made it very difficult to get myself moving on it again. I am very sorry if you have been effected by my lack of responsibility concerning Odd Mods in recent months. I am going to try to get the final few obligations I have remaining with Odd Mods wrapped up. I am not sure what fate there is for Odd Mods at this time.

Sincerely,
Eric

I purchased a 9AA holder off you some years ago, with the intention of using it with a MAG85 that I had never had a really good battery solution for. Like many little projects it languished, along with the MAG85 with its old dead sealed battery pack until just the other day when the eneloops I had always planned on buying turned up in the mail.

Fitting those new cells to your fantastic battery holder this morning, and firing up the WA1185 and getting a brilliant white light out of it took me right back to the excitement of my earliest days here on CPF. Finally my MAG85 had a quality battery solution thanks to your battery holder, so glad I purchased it all those years ago.

I'm sorry to hear you have decided to stop manufacturing. Your products enabled the kind of projects that CPF was always about, and without them I wouldn't have the great light I do now, so thanks for all your effors.

I hope all goes well for you and one day you too can rediscover the excitement of turning on a new light for the first time and remember that your efforts are appreciated by all your customers here at CPF.

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Eric,

I am so happy with my recent 6AA -> 2D adapter. It just screams quality.

dsc00047tw.jpg

dsc00048d.jpg

Each battery is individually cradled. Tension is supplied by the adjusting nut on the top.

I had a earlier version of the 6AA -> 2D adapter, and it worked well. But when I saw the newer version at a CPF get-together in the Seattle area, I just had to have one.

The intended use is for lithium AA batteries in a 2D Mag-Lite LED to keep in the car. I'm using lithium batteries partly for their long shelf life, and partly for their leak resistance.

Eric, thank you for providing these adapters. In your own way, you're making the world a better place.

Thanks again,
Kevin

1pt21

Enlightened
WOW.. First FM stopping production of most anything incan related, and now this. DAMN

This is truly a sad time as an incandescent lover, and for the CPF community as a whole.

I have MANY (probably all) different manufacturers of battery adapters and yours are BY FAR the highest of quality, they look like they rolled off of a mass produced assembly line.. Absolute perfection. While others look like someone used delrin, a drill, a vice, bit of copper strip and some threaded rod with nuts to hold everything together LOL.

I hope you make it through your personal struggles, and do understand that if you have officially lost your passion it may never come back, but just by leaning over right now and grabbing one of your adapters in my hand I can tell that the passion you DID have was intense and real. I truly believe nothing can take that away from you, nothing.....

Very sad that I caught on to your products late in the game and only have about 5 of your adapters (mainly for my M6 configurations). I hope to one day at least triple that #!!

Be good my friend and stay in touch with your fellow CPF'ers, you're already missed......

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about this.

I've taken breaks from a month to six months but always wind up coming back when I can and things settle down.

I hope you get things taken care of.

Maybe you can return one day as just someone enjoying the hobby and not as a seller.

I've always found the fewer material objects I own, lights included, the happier I am.

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Eric,

I have one of your 9AA to 3D (Parallel) battery racks. It screams quality, low internal resistance, and it works great for my malkoff'd mag-lite. I was going to have built a 12AA to 4D parallel (ie: 6 Volt) version with a Malkoff XML for a bit more "power" when I read that you're no longer building these adapters.

I'm sorry that I caught on so late in the game, and I feel bad that you lost your passion. You're a great tech with these things, kind, willing to answer questions, and assured that my modded mag would not be compromised (and it hasn't). Can't wait for you to return back to that which you were so great at.

Jason

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Hi Eric,

Hope you get some time to recharge your battery and figure out what is best for you. Life outside of CPF is more important. Thank you for all of your contributions, I hope to see you back in the future.

flatlander10

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've read your last post and know that you are no longer producing adapters. My question is do you still have the material for a 18mm Dia. X approximately 30mm long? I don't need anything else but the spacer, I can make all else work. Thank You for your time, flatlander10

Littlelantern

Newly Enlightened
recently i bought one second hand 3 17670 adaptor from a fellow cpf,top notch quality, a salute for eric odd mod,you are always on my mind.

Urachus

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for digging up this thread but I always seem to be too late, also with my reborn interest in flashlights. I hope you will be all right and you can solve all issues you have to deal with. It's hard for a community to lose a talented member, but real life comes first. I've never been able to buy your commodities but from what I can see here, they must be top-notch. Reading this thread I think you can be certain that there will be many customers waiting for you if you ever think about coming back. And that includes me, I'd pay double if I could have one of these adapters for my 6D!

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
Uh man hard to read... Wish you all the best.

Don't want to be egoist but is there a Chance to get a holder for surefire M6?

SED

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful work!
Please PM me if you decide to resume offering your cell holders. I am interested in your 3AA-to-1D holders for MagLite.
I wish you well, whatever you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.