OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for the bump :D I started this thread because it's interesting to see the different kinds of cold we all deal with, and I hope people continue to add to it as we go through winter.

The cold from Alaska is getting closer, we will likely see -15F nights with wind chills around -25F later this week here in Milwaukee. :crazy: :crazy:

PS: does that sign say -62F ??? That's insane!
How do you keep cars running and pipes from freezing and the like? That makes -15 seem warm!

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not super cold right now, just looked and it is 3 F. But the wind is making it feel much colder.

Funny though how it felt colder when it was warmer this weekend after sitting in an unheated hockey rink each day for about 5 hours.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Thanks for the bump :D I started this thread because it's interesting to see the different kinds of cold we all deal with, and I hope people continue to add to it as we go through winter.

The cold from Alaska is getting closer, we will likely see -15F nights with wind chills around -25F later this week here in Milwaukee. :crazy: :crazy:

PS: does that sign say -62F ??? That's insane!
How do you keep cars running and pipes from freezing and the like? That makes -15 seem warm!

I hate to throw a warm blanket on this thread but I'm suffering this afternoon (4pm Monday) with 80 degree weather, blue sky, and a warm breeze. I don't remember a January like this in my lifetime. Mustard is already sprouting and my peach tree is forcing buds. Robins flocked into town a week or so ago and the ants are out in full force staking out new colony sites. Anyone else experiencing extremely unusual weather?

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, no more comments from people from CA! :mecry:

Hehe. Just kidding. ;) Keep it coming guys: your preferably frigid, or perhaps otherwise unusual weather occurences.... :popcorn:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I recently moved from California's "60s and sunny" weather to Alaska. I was impressed by our recent spate of -20 degree temperatures, and was all set to brag until I saw AlaskaWolf's "The Fred Meyers signs says sixty two below" picture. I think I'll just keep quiet now.

It just goes to show that even when you're in Alaska, someone - somewhere - can outdo you.

Negative 62. Wow.

- FITP

ambientmind

Enlightened
I got so cold today...wait no I didnt. I was outside working on my motorcycle and I got HOT! AZ is crazy...I need to go somewhere cooler. Firefox is saying its 68 out right now, and Tue & Wed are supposed to be 70!:nana: Anyone wanna come down to Phx? Better bring a windbreaker, you might get chilly at night. :grin2:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to bump this thread but i just had to :p after weeks of -40f below highs not counting wind chill were finally getting a warm snap this week, its already warmed up to -27f since yesterday :D

akreallysucks.jpg

last week :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34MtFE_2rY

Fairbanks has got to be one of the coldest places in the US. I saw it was like -30 to -40 for weeks. Nasty cold!

Best wishes to all you folks way up there. Hope Mayor Strle has recovered from her surgery in the fall.

You might make it all the way up to freezing this week. maybe...:eek:oo:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only did the -62F make me feel sorry for you, but I was suprised by how much the gas costs there. I thought with the big pipeline in your state you guys would get a break. Good luck with the winter up there. It was a balmy 21F here this evening.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think yesterday's daytime high was 80 deg F (25 deg C). I had to put on the A/C in my car because it had been sitting in the sun at lunch...:ironic:.

Egsise

Banned
This winters coldest day so far, -34C/-29F.(yeah that's without any freakin' windchill multiplier)
Sunrise at 10:49 and sunset 14:11, now where did i put my shades at november... :cool:

nbp

Flashaholic
You guys in Alaska really got it tough! We're not doing too bad though...

Here's our forecast....

Tonight: -17F; wind chill -35F to -45F

Thursday: High of 2F; wind chill -35F to -45F

Thursday night: -21F; wind chill -30F to -40F

Friday: High of 6; wind chill -30F to -40F

Saturday: HOTTTTTT! Highs in lower 20s. Can you say T-shirt weather?

:ironic: :sick2: :ohgeez: