E bus fleet out of commission in cold

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_2341.jpeg

Nuf said?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just love eletric over gas this am i broke out the electric chain saw hardly any noise did the job fast and easy . the batteries will improve. the range will as well.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
i just love eletric over gas this am i broke out the electric chain saw hardly any noise did the job fast and easy . the batteries will improve. the range will as well.
Well, portable electric power-tools are definitely getting better.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
How does that even work in a large apartment building with numerous tenants, no underground parking garage. Where do landlords in California install the charging stations required by law? On the sidewalks?
The city of SF said a permit to have an EV connection on the street was $5k. NO THANK YOU. I simply run a cord through an ADA approved cord ramp. Problem solved. In a situation with above ground parking it is permissible to run conduit or trenching to get the power where it is needed. As far as I know the land lord is not responsible for installation but must allow it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you cutting small branches maybe, if you cutting tree trunks 1-2 feet wide, no way an electric will do, even plug ins.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The city of SF said a permit to have an EV connection on the street was $5k. NO THANK YOU. I simply run a cord through an ADA approved cord ramp. Problem solved. In a situation with above ground parking it is permissible to run conduit or trenching to get the power where it is needed. As far as I know the land lord is not responsible for installation but must allow it.
In nyc most live in buildings, and park cars on streets, blocks away, everyday in different spots, a cord thru the window is just not an option. seems like several people explained that to you over and over again, as well as video even showed what nyc looks like, but you just completely disregard it every single time, smh

raggie33

*the raggedier*
If you cutting small branches maybe, if you cutting tree trunks 1-2 feet wide, no way an electric will do, even plug ins.
Electric has come far I have a battery powered impact wrench that can do 1200 pounds of torque which blows my mind.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
LoL, irony of the superior technology proving inferior!

People living in metropolitan areas are some of the best candidates for electric cars, but until they get a reliable 1,000 mpc at any temperature, I've got zero interest, alright for the right price I could get interested in the right hybrid.
The best thing about your post is that you're happy and you got to make the choice for yourself, based on your needs.
One thousand miles per charge is unreasonable. Current technology is more than good enough for 99.9 percent of the population that drives 40 miles a day. For those that tow Tesla has a 470 mile version of the Cybertruck. I am perfectly happy with my Tesla 3 at 272 miles makes it to Portland from San Francisco in about the same time as gas. Gotta poo and pee and eat sometime. Might as well plan your trip around that. Charging time is more important than range, 10 minute charges coming. Currently the speediest is about 20 minutes.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
In nyc most live in buildings, and park cars on streets, blocks away, everyday in different spots, a cord thru the window is just not an option. seems like several people explained that to you over and over again, as well as video even showed what nyc looks like, but you just completely disregard it every single time, smh
Sucks for you then. Bend over it's coming.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Common sense observation of the waterline tells me all I need to make a determination.

Do you know anything that refutes my assertion, or are you just playn Devils Advocate?
go ahead please explain,

Yes i absolutely do.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Electric has come far I have a battery powered impact wrench that can do 1200 pounds of torque which blows my mind.
so do I, but a chainsaw is a different animal, even with double battery. the biggest one is 16 inch, it does not come close to a good quality 16in gas tool with ~40cc engine. but do not take my word for it, compare them yourself.
Sure for your backyard an electric maybe perfectly fine, but for big jobs, running al day long, no electric will do, yet,