• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Okluma TinyDC

recDNA

Flashaholic
Hey everyone,

This is my first light to post up for sale on CPF, so I'll introduce myself. I'm a self-employed machinist and my work reflects that. During the day mostly I make motorcycle and oil-field parts, my specialty are the smaller and one off jobs. About 10 months ago I saw one of Mac's Tri-EDC lights and I fell in love (more on that later). Shortly after that, I ordered some parts, did a lot of reading, and started making various kinds of lights for my personal use around the shop. A few friends asked about buying them, and well here I am.

Clearly this light looks a lot like the Tri-EDC. Like many of you, I just really wanted one. I religiously watched the WTS threads waiting for one to show up. After it became apparent that that wasn't going to happen any time soon, I sent Chris a couple emails. I thought that maybe in exchange for his plans, I could work on his backlog. He'd pay for material, I'd donate my labor, we'd all get Tri-EDCs and everyone would be happy. Like many of you, I never got a response. That's when I started designing this light. Visually I wanted them to be very similar, but absolutely no confusion between who's light is who's. For the most part all the components are compatible with the exception of the tailcap. My light has the tailcap boot retained by an oring, and does not use a threaded retaining ring.

I take a lot of pride in my work and reputation, so if you buy one and you're not happy just send it back. If it breaks or stops working for any reason at any time, just send it back and I will fix it for free. I absolutely will not take anyone's money unless all the parts are made and I can ship a light within a few days. When I no longer have any lights available I will update the thread accordingly.

The first 3 of these I sell on CPF will come with green tritium vials installed in the Carclo optic for free.

To be notified about availability, you're welcome to join my mailing list. It's only for announcements about availability or upcoming work, and I promise it will be very low-traffic. I will still update this thread, but the email will go out first. Here is the mailchimp link: http://eepurl.com/bu0JAT

Price: 250.00 plus 10.00 for shipping
Available: No. :(
Includes free trits: No (0 remaining)
Paypal: jasapp [at] gmail [dot] com

7075 Aircraft grade Aluminum
XP-G2 R5, S3 or Nichia 219 (your choice, no extra cost)
Carclo 10507 default, (10508, 10509,10510,10511 also available, no extra cost)
Modes: ML / L / M / H (with on-time memory)
Approximate Mode Currents: 2mA / 30mA / 180mA / 1300mA
Driver also provides constant current control, low voltage warning, and reverse polarity protection
McClicky Switch
Acrylite Lens FF P-99 or mineral glass (your choice)
Uses a 18350 IMR cell (not included)

Titanium Pocket Clip (+25)
Sapphire Lens (+35)
Copper Pill (+25)

If you want custom programming on the driver, that is *free*. If you'd like to change it again in the future, it's only the cost of shipping. If you want to send it in every other week to try something new out, that's fine. If you're not the original owner, it's still just the cost of shipping. If it's been awhile, I'll replace the orings and gasket at no extra cost either. Right now, I can not measure lumens only current. Hopefully I'll be able to measure lumens soon...

Now, onto the pictures.

19417851324_869a15b864_z.jpg

20040508065_120f4353b7_z.jpg

19445387403_2cf310b0b9_z.jpg

19503587264_b13a291d28_z.jpg

A different light with the clip installed:

19869260518_e00bc1f015_z.jpg

A trit shot for the first few.

19442392694_653211f7ef_z.jpg

An obligatory picture of the shop with Joey the dog and I. All the motorcycles were rolled out to get a good shot. :D

20054981952_16880785f4_z.jpg
Are you still using 1.3 amp max current?

recDNA

Flashaholic
No, sorry. Those numbers were never correct. I'm using the Nangj 105c 3.05 amp driver.
Thanks for your prompt reply. That explains the imr 18350 too. Nice looking light. Looks like you sell em as fast as you make em. That's a good thing.

okluma

Enlightened
So is the listing for 500-600 lumens correct or is it higher ?
The lumen output is still correct. If you want to go higher, I can build one with XPL emitters and an FET driver. Those parts would cost a little extra. I'd have to double check, but I think around $40.

Modes are still the same.

Chrisevo8

Newly Enlightened
The lumen output is still correct. If you want to go higher, I can build one with XPL emitters and an FET driver. Those parts would cost a little extra. I'd have to double check, but I think around $40.

Modes are still the same.

I'm sending you a pm.