Oldest LED lights you own

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^^^^^
Normal's subjective. Who, me? Normal? No way. I've never been accused of that!

"...and when he tried to hang that sign on me, I said; Take it down!"

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
We purchased a Fenix TK41 in the fall of 2018 and it was the brightest thing we had ever seen at 800 lumins turbo (2h 10min advertised), and 335 lumins high (7h 15min advertised). We knew nothing about LED flashlights and purchased this from Fenix after seeing it online.

View attachment 45666
It is a beautiful flashlight, and from the Fenix manual; "… the unique design makes TK41 much more compact and light weight." While that may have been true at the time it is huge and heavy by today's standards with a healthy appetite for AA batteries which it devours eight at a time. After forgetting a batch of alkalines in it over one summer the corrosion almost ruined it so we began stocking eneloops. In 2018 we used it for scouting/camping. Today it sits by the back door for occasional use in spotting critters, etc., at night.
If only 32650s had popped off at the market and been improved more, this form factor would have been perfect for a new model. I miss big lights like these.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat thread idea, with lots of Arc flashlights. Shocker :)

I also have a AAA twisty hanging around but I'll add my LSH-P with its optional bodies. Not sure which came first, they're all dang old!

Attachments

• n6S3ubC.jpg
    n6S3ubC.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 86

PJ

Enlightened
I have a green anodized Elektrolumens Blaster 3D with a 1 watt LED I picked up right after the 2003 power outage. I also have a few of the non-Gerber CMG Infinity AA lights. I still use one with a yellow 5mm LED for nighttime trips.

I had a red LED Photon 1 on my keyring during that outage. It came in handy to get out of the windowless shop I worked in as the emergency lighting didn't light.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a red Photon II from the same time frame 2003-04 that has saved me a few times all the years it was on my keychain. I replaced it a couple years ago with the newest Photon in red. But since then I also have a Sofirn 4K 1AAA on there as well.

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I had some very old LED lights around 2003, they were Chinese nameless ones and they are already dead and lost. And few SF ~2004-2005. Now the oldest - Ti ARC AAA ( Sapphire 2009 )

Attachments

• IMG_7439.jpg
    IMG_7439.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 71

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not my oldest LED lights but I bought a collection from another member here a few years back of Inova lights with the throwey optics from the days when Emissive Energy made them. They appeared way brighter than numbers suggested due to the optic lenses.

I read old threads about them here and it seemed they were a love 'em or hate 'em thing. Night Ize took over production and they were made over seas after that. Supposedly they were once seen as a potential rival for the mighty (at the time) SureFire lights.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some old LED Inovas and Surefires around here older than 2003, I'd have to look. Top of my mind comes red and a green Sureifre KL1 finned heads and some old Inova X1's and other stuff like that.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some kind of 3xCR123 Inova that seems to be a tactical light.
Probably a T3. I still have three of them. One in white, one in green, and one in red. Does it say "Emissive Energy Corporation" on the tailcap?

Those are the original USA made ones.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not my oldest LED lights but I bought a collection from another member here a few years back of Inova lights with the throwey optics from the days when Emissive Energy made them. They appeared way brighter than numbers suggested due to the optic lenses.

I had an Inova T2 for a while, flipped it on fleabay (low mileage due to the 2 x CR123a cells), kinda regret it now as it was a really nice light, buyer appreciated it and in the end that's spreading the flashlight love isn't it? 🤣

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
The Olight M30 Triton with the Cree MC-E LED from 2009. It has the original box with the extender tube so it could use 2x18650 batteries. Sadly, I even have 4x 18500 batteries for it to use without the extension tube and remains my only light that uses that battery format haha. I wrongly bet that the 18500 would become more popular than the 18650. Boy was I wrong.

At one point I had to call Olight for some reason, I remember having a 30 to 40 minute conversation with a guy named "Jahin"- hopefully didn't botch the spelling- I think he was pretty high up at Olight at the time which from what I understand was pretty small, but super guy to talk to, very nice, really cool guy. I remember thinking after we talked, I wonder if he knows how good he is at gaining lifetime loyal customers? Hope he is still out there and doing well.

The current daily carry is the beautiful Olight S30 Baton in Titanium. A wedding gift to myself from 2015 and its been there for the worst jobs and inspections. Worth every penny.

Ditto - Great topic!
Dan