Oldest LED lights you own

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the ARC's being shown, I thought I should show some of mine, from my backup supply

ARC AAA Flashlights.jpg

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe these backup Gerber FIRECRACKERS were also from the early 2000's, but I can't remember for sure when I got them

Gerber - Firecrackers and UV Bouncer Flashlights .jpg

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I, too, have a Photon Micro Light that to my surprise still works after at least 15? years? When did they come out? I would never have guessed it would live so long - but that's the advantage of lithium batteries.

Currently not working, but I have a replacement LED waiting on the bench, is a LED LENSER 7??? - using three AAA cells, 80 lumens claimed - I wrecked this LED demonstrating that there was *no* current limiting resistor in this light. I bought this probably about 2008 and it was a new favorite.

I have a 23-year-old Maglite mini but it started off incandescent and only acquired an LED about ...10?...years ago.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oldest would be Single-AAA Dorcy fish-eye optic flashlight.
I have a twisty tailcap Brinkmann made Craftsman like that. It makes 10 blumens look like a lot more than that.
ED5E02A9-26B9-4E9F-9BBB-4170CF85F99C.jpeg

It's actually a sturdy light.
Used it for a while to find stuff in the crowded engine bay of a 90's Japanese sports car.

76F7CEF2-8C3A-4A3F-A600-A09BB4225877.jpeg

They say a blue moon is pretty rare.
Not really. Turn on your old LED light and see one every time. 😁

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have a twisty tailcap Brinkmann made Craftsman like that. It makes 10 blumens look like a lot more than that.
View attachment 35201
It's actually a sturdy light....
Ironically, that little Dorcy is still pullin' Work Detail.
Sitting next to the phone in my bedroom for more years (decades?) than I can remember.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest bought is a nitecore IFE1 , wish I had the IFE2 , big regret. I have many inova X5, x03 and xo's too and they get used !

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
Mine is a Terralux LightStar 220. I don't know how long I've had it, but I have seen online reviews dating back as far as 2009.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
One (if not the oldest) LED flashlight here predates common availability of white LEDs; it's 3AA with four 5mm blue. It dates back to before 2003 as I recall using during the big August power outage that year. I still have one.

First white one was a small keychain device with one 5mm LED, running from 4xLR41 in a small tube shaped like an AAA (probably a mod'ed
incan design). Before that there may have been some other non-white keychain lights running from button cells.

Dave

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
CMG Tractor. 2 x AA underpowered puke green Luxeon emitter. Remember the Luxeon Lottery. Maybe you'd get whitish, but mostly greenish or blueish tint. Then my first of many Arc AAA's.